First Preseason Game (Real Madrid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaworski wrote: View Post
    Derozan – impressive in the end of the game. Quiet 18 pts. He seems to be our only slasher. If he goes down, we might be in trouble. After 5 rebs in the half, only added 1 in the second half.
    That's a great, great point. It seemed like it was all ABOUT shooting! Something we didn't have last year, but too many slashers in Forbes, James Johnson, Bayless.

I really do believe that a paint worker/presence in Valanciunas, and of course Kyle Lowry will address that no doubt. To be honest though, it really scared me how hard it was for this team to get into the paint, Bargnani continued to settle outside.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      Most frustrated with Davis tonight, but he showed signs.
      I seriously felt that Davis was very aggressive though, and he seems to have an intensity about him now. From my eye, it looked like every single possession he wanted to elbow someone in the face, or knock them off their feet. He played hard tonight.

Comment

Yay, ball is back. Kinda. Good to hear some ball talk again. Keep in mind it's just the first of the preseason against a non NBA team with 2 major components out so we really saw nothing too serious. Don't draw too many conclusions off of this.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

only person i was impressed with is ross. I am starting to hate derozans game. i hope they move him and ed for a better piece in the off season.

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
            Cleveland beat their European opponent only by 6 tonight. Notice Dion Waiters did not start the game and played on 15 min. They might have made a mistake drafting him.
            http://www.nba.com/games/20121008/MP...#nbaGIboxscore
            Mens Sana Siena should don't be underestimated 'cause their team is one of the top 8 in EU, 6 time Italian champions in a raw in the last 6 years (2006 / 2012) nearly unbeatable during that era.
            Let's go Raptors!

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
              only person i was impressed with is ross. I am starting to hate derozans game. i hope they move him and ed for a better piece in the off season.
              Ya it's not like he led the team in scoring with an excellent fg% and a great rebounding game or anything. We should definitely drop his ass.
              Lol I love his tweet after the game though
              "A little Rusty...." I love to see that the first game back after a player doesn't have a bad game.

Comment

Overall raptors first preseason game was good in the next few weeks; we will see the piece fall into place.

Comment

I was at the game tonight...so good to be back in the ACC, here's my two cents:

Immediately entering the ACC impressions
                  The Good

- Always great to be around thousands of basketball fans.
                  - There's a place on the upper level now that sells bacon wrapped hot dogs....and they're great. I'm a going look like Oliver Miller by the time the season ends.

The Bad
                  - Granted it's pre-season but damn it if I can't find a 50-50 draw ticket person, then we going to have a problem...A Gambling problem!
                  - The upper level seemed very poorly lit, sure I'm an old man these days, but I need a little more than seedy ambience people!
                  - I went with my wife. If I have to explain this one....ugh. Don't get me wrong, I love her, she is the mother of my children. BUT. She isn't my beer drinking buddies who know what a screen and roll is.
                  - It seems like not too much has changed, with exception to the price of everything.

Ok, the game itself
                  - always tough to call a pre-season AND and exhibition game, that being said, it was a disaster all round.
                  - It seemed like both teams didn't care too much who was assigned to who, sloppy play in general (which I didn't expect from Real Madrid, thought they had more to play for)
                  - Squandered opportunities. Often I saw players like Bargs fake out the defender and then he would take pause to think about what should happen next...let me give you a hint you Italian Magician...drive/shoot/score/get back on defense
                  - No one was lights out. Merotic had a nice game....against 3rd stringers, I'm not dogging the guy, but it is what it is. Same goes for John Lucas III. Kid is lightning quick, but if I was Casey and I saw my main distributor jacking shots before a play was even set, I would be losing my marbles.
                  - Yesterday's game was really a 'Me ball' event. Everyone wanted to make a case to the public why they should be there. Low and behold, the players who already know that they're a big part of the team didn't play that way. Bargs/Fields/Calderon didn't have to show us anything, we know what they're game is going to bring.
                  - Fields. This could be a very solid pick up. There was a couple of things I saw that seemed very 'Battier' esque. He seemed to have good court awareness, been a long time since I've seen a Raptor with that. Hard to quantify but I sense a certain calmness to the style of game he plays I think that will be very beneficial. He's not affraid to mix it up, love that. Despite the pretty boy looks and mega hot girlfriend, dude is willing to do some fighting if need be.
                  - DeRozen. If (and it's a huge if) he can play like that, he'll get a nice contract and we won't make nearly as many Seal jokes.
                  - Coach Casey. I'm assuming this is not how he wants us to play. Only once in the beginning of the third quarter did I see some good hard playing on defense, but overall there didn't seem like much coaching out there. Especially on the offensive end, I didn't see many plays being called or set up, BUT! I feel like maybe that was more to do with the audition (me ball) that was happening on the court, and less to do with Casey...again, pre-season.
                  - My biggest fear. Depth. Watching that game without Lowry and JV really scared the crap out of me. Injuries are going to happen, but with us I worry we don't have enough depth in the scoring or leadership division. I think we're in for a roller coaster ride when it comes to that 8th seed, I want it so badly (especially cause I got season tix) but I'm worried that any injuries to anyone significant will derail our chances...because Alan Anderson ain't getting us there (there I said it!).

How did I know this game was a joke?
                  When Amir stole the ball from half court and slammed it on down. Loved watching it. Also fully aware that in the regular season a PF wouldn't likely get that opportunity. But great to see regardless!

There you go folks, that's my two cents.
                  i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    I love John Lucas III already, 20x better than Bayless.
                    Unless there's a trade...you should be comparing Lucas to Uzoh...so maybe, 2000x? (triple double aside)

Comment

it's weird watching a shooting guard who can hit 3's
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        Ya it's not like he led the team in scoring with an excellent fg% and a great rebounding game or anything. We should definitely drop his ass.
                        Lol I love his tweet after the game though
                        "A little Rusty...." I love to see that the first game back after a player doesn't have a bad game.
                        maybe its rust i dont know but i dont like the way he plays the sg position. I never look at the stat sheet i watch games and with our pg injuried we dont have a person on the perimeter who can get in the lane to cause the defense to scramble.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          maybe its rust i dont know but i dont like the way he plays the sg position. I never look at the stat sheet i watch games and with our pg injuried we dont have a person on the perimeter who can get in the lane to cause the defense to scramble.
                          Lol what? Derozan was aggressive and attacked the lane all night and had 9 fta. None of our other wings can get to the basket as well as Demar,

Comment

bargs looked absolutely terrible :/
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

but hey that's preseason
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                                Lol what? Derozan was aggressive and attacked the lane all night and had 9 fta. None of our other wings can get to the basket as well as Demar,
                                +1 Derozan really did some nice things tonight, and it wasn't the best game.
                                Demar was attacking the glass in the first half (held to 1 rebound in the second, but playing time in second half was down).

Was aggressive in defensive transition, especially the passing lanes defensively. Not to mention his constant attacking to the hoop, with the free throw attempts, and a nice mix of his mid-range shot, to the beautiful spin move he had.

Also, his improved handle was seen from my eye. He looked confident with the ball, and use a couple stutter moves to get off some shots.

Overall, rusty but solid game for Demar, if he consistently does that in the actual season, he'll earn a nice contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X