Raptor Media Brain washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT2010 wrote: View Post
    I suppose he should have looked up the definition of "fan" before telling us what the definition of "fan" is. Typical. I agree that you don't have to believe every thing the organization shovels your way, but being a fan is supporting the team ANYWAY.
    You can support a team without always agreeing 100% with every single decision made by ownership, management, the coaching staff and the players. I will always be a Raptors fan, but I'm allowed to think for myself and have my own opinion about GM/coach hiring/firing, roster moves, lineups, play calling, announcers, ticket prices, ACC food quality, cheerleader hotness, etc... and it certainly doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Raptors Republic gives us fans an opportunity to come and share our opinions on a wide variety of Raptors, NBA and completely random stuff. A fan who hates every decision BC makes and voices that disdain, is no less a fan than one who agrees wholeheartedly with every move BC makes. Agree or disagree, the passion displayed by proud Raptors fans on RR is what keeps me coming back!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Oct 10, 2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
      I'm in friggin Italy and even I knew KLow wasn't playing, they said earlier in the week, around the intra squad scrimmage, he'd be out a full week and it was widely reported.

As for the Raptors media guys covering for the team think about what you are saying. THE RAPTORS MEDIA GUYS. They are not impartial observers, they are representatives of the team! Sherm, Jack, Devlin et al are all banked by MLSE to represent the Toronto Raptors and you wonder why what you hear is so obviously a sell job?

Not the sharpest knife huh?

And for the record true fans shit all over the team. Nowhere in the definition of "fan" in the dictionary does it say you have to be a mindless zombie believing everything the org shovels your way.
      no ones telling you to watch. Be greatful that we atleast have decent commentators. You cant bash Jack he's awesome and devlin does playoffs games so he must be doing something right.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Devlin does playoffs games so he must be doing something right.
        Devilin is THE worst

Don't equate popularity with talent.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
          Devilin is THE worst

Nah he's not as bad as some of you say. Better than some homers like the clippers dude for example.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            You can support a team without always agreeing 100% with every single decision made by ownership, management, the coaching staff and the players. I will always be a Raptors fan, but I'm allowed to think for myself and have my own opinion about GM/coach hiring/firing, roster moves, lineups, play calling, announcers, ticket prices, ACC food quality, cheerleader hotness, etc... and it certainly doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Raptors Republic gives us fans an opportunity to come and share our opinions on a wide variety of Raptors, NBA and completely random stuff. A fan who hates every decision BC makes and voices that disdain, is no less a fan than one who agrees wholeheartedly with every move BC makes. Agree or disagree, the passion displayed by proud Raptors fans on RR is what keeps me coming back!
            Do you cheer for the team when they play regardless of a bad decision made by the GM, coach, owner? Do you support the players playing the game regardless of whether you think their acquisition was a mistake? That is what I am talking about, not blindly believing that everything the organization does is right because they are the Raptors. I wouldn't say that I am the biggest Ed Davis fan at this point, but I want him to grab as many rebounds and score to the best of his ability to help the team win and hope he does things to change my view of him.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              Devilin is THE worst

Ya, that is what the all-star game is for!!

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                Do you cheer for the team when they play regardless of a bad decision made by the GM, coach, owner? Do you support the players playing the game regardless of whether you think their acquisition was a mistake? That is what I am talking about, not blindly believing that everything the organization does is right because they are the Raptors. I wouldn't say that I am the biggest Ed Davis fan at this point, but I want him to grab as many rebounds and score to the best of his ability to help the team win and hope he does things to change my view of him.
                Yes and Yes.

I agree. That's exactly the point I was making. I made my post in my response to a message that basically said that anybody who complains about the team is not a true fan, or not as much of a fan as somebody else who doesn't complain. I was just stating my opinion that every fan has the right to complain and voice their own opinion, without it diminishing their 'fan-ness'.

Comment

Yes and Yes.

I agree. That's exactly the point I was making. I made my post in my response to a message that basically said that anybody who complains about the team is not a true fan, or not as much of a fan as somebody else who doesn't complain. I was just stating my opinion that every fan has the right to complain and voice their own opinion, without it diminishing their 'fan-ness'.
                  To the contrary (this is going to sound a little convoluted), you were responding to my post I believe, which was in response to another post that stated "true fans shit all over the team" (or something close to that), implying that if you don't dump on the team, you're not a "true fan". Nowhere did I say or imply that a "true fan" blindly supports everything the org. does.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                    To the contrary (this is going to sound a little convoluted), you were responding to my post I believe, which was in response to another post that stated "true fans shit all over the team" (or something close to that), implying that if you don't dump on the team, you're not a "true fan". Nowhere did I say or imply that a "true fan" blindly supports everything the org. does.
                    No worries P00ka, I was just weighing in on the discussion going on, not talking to you specifically. Perhaps I misread one of the messages, because I thought somebody had said that a true fan DOESN'T shit all over the team. Regardless, my original message is still the way I feel about fans and their right to have an opinion about the team they follow and vocalize it.

Comment

No worries P00ka, I was just weighing in on the discussion going on, not talking to you specifically. Perhaps I misread one of the messages, because I thought somebody had said that a true fan DOESN'T shit all over the team. Regardless, my original message is still the way I feel about fans and their right to have an opinion about the team they follow and vocalize it.
                      Totally agree, though I admit getting irked by the constant harping of the same things, often totally outside the context of the conversation, by some. But hey, I'm with you all the way with sharing different opinions as the path to growth and learning.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                        Totally agree, though I admit getting irked by the constant harping of the same things, often totally outside the context of the conversation, by some. But hey, I'm with you all the way with sharing different opinions as the path to growth and learning.
                        Agreed, but I think harping is just a by-product of the off/pre-season downtime. People settle into opinions (positive or negative) and there's nothing tangible to further either side, so the discussion tends to devolve into rhetoric. Once the season starts, we'll have an seemingly infinite source of tangibles to argue about! lol

Comment

Working...
                        X