Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME THREAD: Double Dose of Detroit! Part 1 @ Detroit (Valanciunas debut?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

akashsingh wrote: View Post
    +1, fucking nightmare offensively.
    +2

Please get rid of him so Acy can play.

Comment

I noticed that Drummond had a pretty decent night...

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I noticed that Drummond had a pretty decent night...
        He did. I'm not sure he's gonna get that type of burn throughout the first bit of the season though, if at all this year. He played the last half of the 4th at least while Monroe was on the bench. 12-7-2blk-2stl Looks real good on my Dynasty team though, keep it up AD!

Comment

eh it was a good game. We pretty much played our bench the entire time and JLIII was lighting it up. I expect us to pummel the pistons when they come to T Dot.

Comment

If lowry was there it would've been a whole different story. i think K Low will really improve this team by leaps and bounds with his D, Shooting, insane drives and court vision. Can't wait to see him play

Comment

[QUOTE=Raptor_11;155750]I missed Val's first bucket was it any nice?[/QUOTE

not to shabby. caught it high and was still able to put up a soft bank shot

Comment

So far it seems that: Knight & Drummond > Val & Ross.

How depressing.

Comment

nice to get a glimpse of Val tonight. Plenty of rolls to the bucket with a hand in the air but got the ball rarely (he was even open for a few of those). He kept the defender on him. Looking forward to more

Comment

Derozan was really good tonight. That dunk attempt on Munroe was a good sign that he's looking to kill you. Also, he had one sexy dunk off the euro step.

He's improved in a significant amount of things from my eye. His handle, defense on passing lanes, stronger, and aggressive mindset. He's really getting the calls.

Valanciunas impressed me with his length. I'm surprised not many people talked about his defense tonight, he worked extremely hard, and guys were starting to guess themselves when going at JV.

Calderon and Lucas were really nice too, both different styles, but both really work well together.

Bargnani seriously got on my nerves too much tonight. He doesn't use a single amount of his legs on jump-shots and free-throws, he's obviously out of shape.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bargnani and Calderon pick and roll defense .... yikes
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Don't let it bug you too much, he took the whole summer off to heal his calf and apparently ate all the carbonara in Rome. Its only training camp/preseason, aka time to get in shape. If he's still outta shape by hallowe'en then be annoyed.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I think it was Bargnani's 2nd season when he came in relatively bigger than the previous season. I remember telling myself "he's fat". Overall, he didn't have a very good season.

I have a bad feeling about this year. He looks slower and flat footed. Either that, or he's just not trying because it's preseason.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                            I think it was Bargnani's 2nd season when he came in relatively bigger than the previous season. I remember telling myself "he's fat". Overall, he didn't have a very good season.

I have a bad feeling about this year. He looks slower and flat footed. Either that, or he's just not trying because it's preseason.
                            Well, he's never had a great pre-season, but we'll see how he does come season tip-off vs. Indiana. That's where it's extremely important.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Loved the sequence where Vala blocked Monroe without leaving his feet then busted his tail all the way down the court and cleared the lane for that vicious DeMar throw down. Brought a tear to my eye, when was the last time a raptor big was capable of that? Camby? Can't wait for KLow to get back in the mix for this team to gel.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                So far it seems that: Knight & Drummond > Val & Ross.

How depressing.
                                I'm giving it one more year. If next time around Detroit again drafts the guy I want I'm officially becoming a Pistons fan.

Time to dust off the Grant Hill throwback.

Comment

Working...
                                X