Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME THREAD: Double Dose of Detroit! (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i ripped anderson last year but from what i have seen in pre-season so far i am eating some crow. he is looking good. i like the way lucas has played but still think he is pretty shot happy.
    Lucas is our JJ Barea

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Very pleased with his performance tonight. Not to mention, he outperformed Drummond by a large margin tonight. Not sure where all of Drummonds minutes went though.
      That's how Detroit plays. They alternate players every game. Jonas Jerebko didn't play a minute last night, Drummond got like 5 minutes. Then there were guys who didn't play at all last game getting like 25 minutes.

Comment

Casey apologizes to Dr. Naismith:

The Raptors never led by more than 10 points on a sloppy night indicative of pre-season basketball. Casey issued an apology to Naismith in the post-game news conference saying:

``I apologize for our display. But I thought our guys battled, the effort was there, we have not had a day off, and we played like it.

``But that's the way it's going to be if you're play for something. You're going to be tired, you have to play through fatigue, if you're going to play for something.''

http://www.nba.com/raptors/recap_101212

Comment

Yeah the Naismith apology was great.

I really like how Casey tries to hold this team to the same standards of the Dallas team. He was talking about how in Dallas, guys could not walk after games because they left it all on the floor.

While Casey has been great thus far, I am starting to feel nervous about the offense (maybe I am just over analyzing preseason games?). Never once in Casey's career has he shown a really great offensive side. The Timberwolves were a bottom 5 offensive team in the league when Casey coached them, and the Raptors are no different.

We have some great offensive options (Bargs, Lowry, Demar, plus a great second unit) but I do not know if Casey and his staff will be able to mesh them all to create cohesive, consistent offense.

We will see.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            i ripped anderson last year but from what i have seen in pre-season so far i am eating some crow. he is looking good. i like the way lucas has played but still think he is pretty shot happy.
            Puffer wrote: View Post
            I liked Anderson last year and am liking him this year. Because of the decimated roster last year he had to overplay some games and wound up forcing some shots to try and make stuff happen. This year he is able to play within himself.

He makes good decisions, offensively and defensively. He's got a nice shot from the three arc. Good handles. A solid pick-up. Hope he stays for a few years. If BC can extend his contract I think he should. This is a guy who is happy to be here, grateful for the chance and will never be a problem.
            Alan is one of my personal favs on this team. I just don't get worried whenever he's on the court. That says something about him, especially cause he's projected to be a 3rd string. But, if he keeps playing this way, Kleiza could be the 3rd stringer.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              Yeah the Naismith apology was great.

I really like how Casey tries to hold this team to the same standards of the Dallas team. He was talking about how in Dallas, guys could not walk after games because they left it all on the floor.

While Casey has been great thus far, I am starting to feel nervous about the offense (maybe I am just over analyzing preseason games?). Never once in Casey's career has he shown a really great offensive side. The Timberwolves were a bottom 5 offensive team in the league when Casey coached them, and the Raptors are no different.

We have some great offensive options (Bargs, Lowry, Demar, plus a great second unit) but I do not know if Casey and his staff will be able to mesh them all to create cohesive, consistent offense.

We will see.
              I think Casey will turn it around. It's just preseason. But watching teams like Phoenix and Portland play our offense looks pretty slow

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                I think Casey will turn it around. It's just preseason. But watching teams like Phoenix and Portland play our offense looks pretty slow
                Well, because neither team prides themselves, or has an identity. While we are focused defensively.

I think that hurts teams, good defensive teams, can have problems as a team offensively. Boston, Miami, Toronto.

Comment

Ross is more of a project than I thought
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

AA is a player. Dude is one of those players that bring a few things to the table and don't take anything from it. Love me some Anderson.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Ross is more of a project than I thought
                      I agree, I thought he would come out banging shot after shot. I also thought he was a rookie farther than most in terms of NBA ready.

ceez wrote: View Post
                      AA is a player. Dude is one of those players that bring a few things to the table and don't take anything from it. Love me some Anderson.
                      +1

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        You said it perfectly. He takes nothing away.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if Anderson can take some minutes from Landry/Demar. It's certainly a possibility if he keeps playing this way

Comment

• Drummond got his minutes tonight against the Bucks. 19 points on 9 of 13 shooting plus 10 boards and 2 blocks in 25 minutes.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                              Drummond got his minutes tonight against the Bucks. 19 points on 9 of 13 shooting plus 10 boards and 2 blocks in 25 minutes.
                              real question is who was guarding him?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                real question is who was guarding him?
                                19 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks in 25 minutes with zero plays being run for Drummond.

Comment

Working...
                                X