Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME THREAD: Double Dose of Detroit! (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Only thing that bugged me was Bargs not driving on offense.
    C'mon jitsu! I know you had more to say than that! :P
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Only thing that bugged me was Bargs not driving on offense.
      We were close then.

Only thing that bugged me was Bargs.

(I know, I know, 2 preseason games).

Comment

Don't mean to be a dick but this is a sky hook:

What JV did was more of a running hook.

Nice write up though.

Comment

Game highlights (Raptors.com)

Comment

Keeping it Real wrote: View Post
            I hope they start JV tonight. He is the already the best 5 on the roster and the sooner Bargs, Demar and the rest of the starters get used to playing with him the better. I'm saying 8-4-2 line for the big fella tonight !!

Waaay low. :-)

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Don't mean to be a dick but this is a sky hook:

What JV did was more of a running hook.

Nice write up though.
              True, true, true. See video of Kareem and Chamberlain for sky hook footage. |it's the only reason I am still plying oldtimers basketball. Every time I get the ball players on the bench for both teams start chanting "Hook, hook, hook."

Comment

I will say that my earlier posts suggested JV should average 20 minutes a game over the season. I am taking that all back. Fouls are obviously not going to be a problem for him. Ride this sucker like a pony at a kids carnival. Start him every game from here on in. This guy is too valuable to bring along slowly. FU to Coach Casey if that is is plan. I want 35 minute a game for JV.
                Last edited by Puffer; Fri Oct 12, 2012, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I was impressed with how effective Ed amd Amir were together on the floor tonight. Trade Aaron Gray. Keep Ed and Amir.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    C'mon jitsu! I know you had more to say than that! :P
                    Lol. It's preseason. I'm not in mid-season form yet.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      I will say that my earlier posts suggested JV should average 20 minutes a game over the season. I am taking that all back. Fousd are obviously not going to be a problem for him. Ride this sucker like a pony at a kids carnival. Start him every game from here on in. This guy is too valuable to bring along slowly. FU to Coach Casey if that is is plan. I want 35 minute a game for JV.
                      I love. This post. That is all.

Comment

I was impressed with how effective Ed amd Amir were together on the floor tonight. Trade Aaron Gray. Keep Ed and Amir.
                        What could you get for Gray? I understand why he's here, but you would be lucky to get the rights for some unheard player in Turkey for Aaron Gray.

JV definitely looks like a player that may put up low numbers but have a massive impact on the game. He NEEDS to be our starting Center. Gray is too plodding, the other two are undersized... It looked like people were afraid to drive when he was on the court.
                        Last edited by blackjitsu; Fri Oct 12, 2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

My new avatar says it all.
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

What could you get for Gray? I understand why he's here, but you would be lucky to get the rights for some unheard player in Turkey for Aaron Gray....
                            You are right and my remarks were disrespectful of Aaron Gray. He does what he does very well. Which is be 7 ft tall and weigh 270 pounds. He was effective in short minutes tonight. I take it back. Keep him but JV becomes the raps ( I almost said OUR Raps...you fan boys are getting to me. Obviously I don't own any part of the Raps so they aren't MINE in any way shape or form) starting center as of tomorrow.

Comment

You are right and my remarks were disrespectful of Aaron Gray. He does what he does very well. Which is be 7 ft tall and weigh 270 pounds. He was effective in short minutes tonight. I take it back. Keep him but JV becomes the raps ( I almost said OUR Raps...you fan boys are getting to me. Obviously I don't own any part of the Raps so they aren't MINE in any way shape or form) starting center as of tomorrow.
                              I've always said OUR team when referring to the Raptors. Its just what hardcore fans do

Comment

NBA.com Highlights

Comment

Working...
                                X