NBA Rookie Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist suffers head injury

Bobcats rookie forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was taken off the floor vs. Houston on a stretcher after he suffered a head injury when teammate Jeff Taylor's knee collided with his head. The play occurred early in the fourth quarter on a fast break. Toney Douglas pushed off in mid-air on Kidd-Gilchrist, pushing his head back just as Henderson's knee came in.

Kidd-Gilchrist collapsed to the floor and lay motionless for several minutes without opening his eyes. Eventually he was taken off the floor by paramedics and to a local hospital. He did not open his eyes or signal to the crowd with his hands while exiting the court.

Kidd-Gilchrist was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston for evaluation. Precautionary X-rays and CT scan were negative. He was diagnosed with a concussion and held overnight for observation. MKG was awake, speaking and with full use of his extremities before departing the arena for the hospital.

Here's video of this scary sequence.

Source

Comment

Royce White is not setting the world on fire after 9 games in the D League. Perhaps he hasn't been in the best of shape but I expected he would do better there.

After the Rockets and Royce came to an agreement he was sent down to their NBA D-League affiliate, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. He has shown flashes of the player he can be but he has also shown flashes of the person he can be by being ejected from two games already.

So far in 9 games with the Vipers he has started 5 times and is averaging 8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1 steal and 1 block in 25 minutes. He’s shooting 37% from the field and 60% from the line.
      Source: http://spacecityscoop.com/2013/03/11...-white-update/

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Royce White is not setting the world on fire after 9 games in the D League. Perhaps he hasn't been in the best of shape but I expected he would do better there.

Source: http://spacecityscoop.com/2013/03/11...-white-update/
        I was expecting him to be a top 5 player in this draft who just dropped because of his anxiety issues. Really unimpressed.

Comment

the dude is such a wicked passer. I'd love to have him on the raps if he could get over the anxiety

Comment

Royce handled his problem with such immaturity, tweeting, talking to the media, not practicing, getting out of shape, that he made himself look untouchable for the leagues gms, and his play in the dleague doesnt do anything to turn that opinion around.

Comment

Working...
            X