Argo: Best movie of the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argo: Best movie of the year.

Just got back from seeing Argo ... Now for the record, I should state that I've always loved Ben Affleck; have been a fan ever since Chasing Amy. With that said, he NAILED it on this movie. Absolutely, 100% Rocked it.

Never have I seen a movie that combines Comedy and Heart Pounding, Edge of your Seat Suspense so perfectly before. And I've seen ALOT of movies. Haha It really is something else. He should win an Oscar for Best Director. Can promise you he will be Nominated.

The Subject Matter is obviously very serious and intense, but he manages to create a film that really is unique, and unlike anything I've seen before. I highly recommend anyone and everyone (everyone who can get into R rated movies that is. LOTS of F-bombs apparently garnered the R-Rating) GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

As Canadians you owe it to yourselves (Canada gets ALOT love in this film).

Two Thumbs WAY up. 10/10

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Just got back from seeing Argo
    Does Ben Afflect play Doug Flutie? Who plays Pinball? I guess Rocket Ismail is not in the movie? Does Goodman play John Candy or Bruce McNall?

This is going to be even better than Men with Brooms!

Comment

Just got back from seeing Argo ... Now for the record, I should state that I've always loved Ben Affleck; have been a fan ever since Chasing Amy. With that said, he NAILED it on this movie. Absolutely, 100% Rocked it.

Never have I seen a movie that combines Comedy and Heart Pounding, Edge of your Seat Suspense so perfectly before. And I've seen ALOT of movies. Haha It really is something else. He should win an Oscar for Best Director. Can promise you he will be Nominated.

The Subject Matter is obviously very serious and intense, but he manages to create a film that really is unique, and unlike anything I've seen before. I highly recommend anyone and everyone (everyone who can get into R rated movies that is. LOTS of F-bombs apparently garnered the R-Rating) GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

Two Thumbs WAY up. 10/10
      There was a version that gave the Canadians no credit for what they did but then when there was complaints at the toronto film festival they reshot it giving more credit where it was due. I sort've got turned off of it once I heard that, but I guess it's worth seeing.

Comment

I've heard a lot of good things about it, gonna definitely need to check it out soon.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I really can't wait to see this!
          i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Two Thumbs WAY up. 10/10
            I'm a ben affleck fan as well. His directed movies are great and Chasing Amy as well as Good Will Hunting he was great in. But, wtf was Pearl Harbor!?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              I'm a ben affleck fan as well. His directed movies are great and Chasing Amy as well as Good Will Hunting he was great in. But, wtf was Pearl Harbor!?
              as much as i want to hold his bad decisions against him... have you ever looked at the amount of money he made for each of his piece of crap movies? Armageddon, Pearl Harbour, Paycheck (ha!), etc

dude secured the financial futures of like the next 3 - 4 generations of Afflecks

i love my job... but if somebody came along and said "dude, you can do the same job... for a much shittier company... and you'd BARELY have to do any actual work... but you're going to be a millionaire when the contract is up"... i'm jumping all over it

i judge affleck on the basis of films where his salary isn't overly inflated... or he agrees to work for scale

Comment

I'm not an Affleck fan at all, have trouble sitting through movies and I really liked this movie. I have my complaints about some of the historical revisionism (the CIA was more bit player to Ottawa's lead role than vice versa) but it's a highly entertaining and well-made movie.

Comment

Despite the good reviews I was on the fence about going to go watch Argo in theatres. But after hearing what you guys have to say about the film I'm gonna go check it out.

I find Ben Affleck is one of those actors who I either completely hate or love what he is involved in. Case in point: Gigli or Jersey Girl-both are atrocious, but Gone Baby Gone & Chasing Amy are great films

Comment

He should win an Oscar for Best Director. Can promise you he will be Nominated.
                    Well I was wrong on this one ... Haha
                    But apparently its turning into a big deal that he wasns't nominated, but has won literally any other award out there for Directing.

Comment

ya... the academy screwed him, bigelow, and tarantino..

in my opinion, they made the three best movies of the year (bigelow, i'm going on what i'm hearing though... havent watched zero dark thirty yet)

i've seen the nominated movies, with the exception of amour... and none of them came close to argo and django... the only one that really deserves it's spot is silver lining playbook

southern wilds and life of pi are good movies... but not even close to best directed...

and lincoln, while good, it's main flaw i'd say was the directing... the movie was brilliantly performed... daniel day lewis is heads and shoulders above his peers.. but they spent like an hour and a half on the bloody emancipation proclamation... there were no city shots, aeriel shots, etc to give the move scope of the period it was set in... everything was interiors.. and it was a movie about PASSING THE 13TH AMENDMENT... the old saturday morning cartoon "i'm just a bill on capital hill" cartoon was better directed..
                      Last edited by heinz57; Tue Feb 5, 2013, 10:11 AM.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        ya... the academy screwed him, bigelow, and tarantino..

in my opinion, they made the three best movies of the year (bigelow, i'm going on what i'm hearing though... havent watched zero dark thirty yet)

i've seen the nominated movies, with the exception of amour... and none of them came close to argo and django... the only one that really deserves it's spot is silver lining playbook

southern wilds and life of pi are good movies... but not even close to best directed...

and lincoln, while good, it's main flaw i'd say was the directing... the movie was brilliantly performed... daniel day lewis is heads and shoulders above his peers.. but they spent like an hour and a half on the bloody emancipation proclamation... there were no city shots, aeriel shots, etc to give the move scope of the period it was set in... everything was interiors.. and it was a movie about PASSING THE 13TH AMENDMENT... the old saturday morning cartoon "i'm just a bill on capital hill" cartoon was better directed..
                        Interesting you say that about Lincoln because its not like its some small-time director. It's Steven fucking Spielberg!. Speaking of which, have any of you seen his massive yacht!?
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Spielberg has made some fantastic movies..

but he's also made some piles of horse shit... thanks to indiana jones and the crystal skull, i never assume his movies are MUST WATCHes

also, that god awful War of Worlds movie was his.. i think..and he was a producer on michael bay's transformers abortions..

Comment

Argo wins for Movie of the Year! I guess I called it.. Wild. It deserves it, was a great flick.

Comment

with the exception of Ang Lee for best director.. i was actually not as disappointed by the winners as usual

Comment

Working...
                              X