No announcement yet.

Calderon trade rumor shot down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amazing things that today's GM's do for flexibility!
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
      The amazing things that today's GM's do for flexibility!
      More like "the amazingly stupid things that entitled Laker fans come up with!"
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

This trade is awesome because the Raptors definitely need four PG's. Wait does DJO play PG too? I don't even know.

Also, it doesn't even work in the trade machine.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          This trade is awesome because the Raptors definitely need four PG's. Wait does DJO play PG too? I don't even know.

Also, it doesn't even work in the trade machine.
          I think that DJO is around 6'3.. that would be so stupid we would get 2 more pg's at a postion were good at right now from my point of view and a undersized shooting guard. terribleeee

Comment

This rumour is bs. Doesn't make sense at all for the raps, doesn't work under the cap and has already been shot down. I suspect one of the many dolts in either NY or LA media markets. Even fans know how the cap works and only a 15 y/o homer with a screen name like KB24>>>>>MJ23 would throw something like this out there.

Only thing I can think of is someone is trying to drive down the asking price by leaking ludicrously crappy offers out.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
              This rumour is bs. Doesn't make sense at all for the raps, doesn't work under the cap and has already been shot down. I suspect one of the many dolts in either NY or LA media markets. Even fans know how the cap works and only a 15 y/o homer with a screen name like KB24>>>>>MJ23 would throw something like this out there.

Only thing I can think of is someone is trying to drive down the asking price by leaking ludicrously crappy offers out.
              Which person of value would put any stock in to this rumour? I don't think anyone with the authority to have an impact on trade decisions would give this a second glance let alone use it as a basis for future value determinations on Jose.

Comment

I'd actually say the rumor is probably pretty close to true. I'm sure it doesn't work in trade machine now, and I'm sure we're not after 4 PG's, but LA has long wanted to get it's hands on Calderon, and vice-a-versa. He would love to be a Laker. I'd be happy for Jose too, I think he'd legit bring them closer to a ring, but with his health issues it's not like LA all of a sudden has a very healthy back court. Give me Ebanks and trade Amir, and I'd be a happy camper. Either way, it'll be very interesting to see what we hear next.
                i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                  I'd actually say the rumor is probably pretty close to true. I'm sure it doesn't work in trade machine now, and I'm sure we're not after 4 PG's, but LA has long wanted to get it's hands on Calderon, and vice-a-versa. He would love to be a Laker. I'd be happy for Jose too, I think he'd legit bring them closer to a ring, but with his health issues it's not like LA all of a sudden has a very healthy back court. Give me Ebanks and trade Amir, and I'd be a happy camper. Either way, it'll be very interesting to see what we hear next.
                  umm why don't you go support the lakers then? I'd rather let jose's contract expire and amnesty amir than do what you are suggesting.

Comment

Deal makes no sense for the Raptors. It's like when Bart traded Homer a doorstop for a cupcake.

Comment

Listen, you need to check your 'Raptor fan since day 1' attitude friend. We're all Raps fans here.

Calderon has been an absolute prince when it comes to his name being thrown in the trade talk, he never bitches or complains, it's admirable. Also, he's been a part of a predominantly losing team since his stay with the Raptors, at some point that has to wear on a player. So when he said he would love to be a part of Lakers, I can actually sympathize with the guy. He's never quit on our team, always plays hard, and how have rewarded that? Attempted trades, and at best a decent squad. Sure we've also given him good money, but there are a lot of players making good money and treating their team/fan base as if we're a thorn in their side (see Eric Gordon..unreal).
                      As for the trade, what can I say, I like Ebanks, I don't want 4 PG's and I think we've overpaid Amir and he's never been consistant (please don't try and convince me that this is the year).

Again, we're all Raptor fans here, we just see things differently. Cheers.

Comment

Listen, you need to check your 'Raptor fan since day 1' attitude friend. We're all Raps fans here.

Calderon has been an absolute prince when it comes to his name being thrown in the trade talk, he never bitches or complains, it's admirable. Also, he's been a part of a predominantly losing team since his stay with the Raptors, at some point that has to wear on a player. So when he said he would love to be a part of Lakers, I can actually sympathize with the guy. He's never quit on our team, always plays hard, and how have rewarded that? Attempted trades, and at best a decent squad. Sure we've also given him good money, but there are a lot of players making good money and treating their team/fan base as if we're a thorn in their side (see Eric Gordon..unreal).
                        As for the trade, what can I say, I like Ebanks, I don't want 4 PG's and I think we've overpaid Amir and he's never been consistant (please don't try and convince me that this is the year).

Again, we're all Raptor fans here, we just see things differently. Cheers.
                        I agree with you that the raps have treated calderon poorly, I wouldn't be surprised if he never signs with us again. The only difference is I couldn't care less about calderon's feelings, he isn't enough of a game changer/core piece moving forward. IMO he has more value to us expiring than bringing goddamn ebanks, who the hell is that again (just kidding)

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                          I agree with you that the raps have treated calderon poorly, I wouldn't be surprised if he never signs with us again. The only difference is I couldn't care less about calderon's feelings, he isn't enough of a game changer/core piece moving forward. IMO he has more value to us expiring than bringing goddamn ebanks, who the hell is that again (just kidding)
                          Touche. I don't have too much love for Ebanks, but I'm just not sure what we could get in return from LA...I really don't want Steve Blake

Comment

Touche. I don't have too much love for Ebanks, but I'm just not sure what we could get in return from LA...I really don't want Steve Blake
                            Steve Nash! LOL

for real though... i wouldnt help the lakers at all..

Comment

It's not been unheard of about agents trying to push the envelope by keeping his client's name in the news/float a trial balloon about players. This is just a more discreet but yet public way of asking that the pace be moved up to move their client. Jose's agent himself may have been behind the tweet...and then gets to deny it!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                It's not been unheard of about agents trying to push the envelope by keeping his client's name in the news/float a trial balloon about players. This is just a more discreet but yet public way of asking that the pace be moved up to move their client. Jose's agent himself may have been behind the tweet...and then gets to deny it!
                                I agree. This trade may sound like bs but it may be in the "where there's smoke, there's fire" category. It seems early in the season to have talk of this but it also seems too early in the season for Marc Stein to have to bother shooting something down. Maybe they've seen enough of jl3 to trigger it. Maybe JC has one of Bryan's famous "gentlemans agreement"s saying that he'll find a place for Jose if he's going to become a back up. The timing of this just seems odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X