Steve Nash: 'I was very close' to joining Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon wrote: View Post
    Would it still bother you if the fabulously wealthy owners of the Raptors, who could buy the Lakers, Knicks, Yankees, and still have enough left over to buy ze Cleveland Browns, decided to spend as much or more on salaries as those teams?

In other words, are you a principled opponent of players getting lots of money, or are you just mad that the Buss family is willing to spend for winning teams, and your favourite team's owners are not?
    Don't forget about the Lakers $3-billion dollar tv contract.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct...rs-tv-20121007

(BTW, the click is worth it for the above article. Nuts.)

Comment

While I am a great admirer of Nash (for more than his basketball skills) I am quite pleased with the status quo. The bottom line is this is his life and while he made the Raptors a secondary choice he hasnt given up on helping Canada Basketball and his other endeavours here. With the Raptors as currently constituted imo Lowry will be a better fit for a longer period (major area being defense). I wouldnt be surprised if Nash joined the front office here after he retires.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        While I am a great admirer of Nash (for more than his basketball skills) I am quite pleased with the status quo. The bottom line is this is his life and while he made the Raptors a secondary choice he hasnt given up on helping Canada Basketball and his other endeavours here. With the Raptors as currently constituted imo Lowry will be a better fit for a longer period (major area being defense). I wouldnt be surprised if Nash joined the front office here after he retires.
        +1

Comment

Would it still bother you if the fabulously wealthy owners of the Raptors, who could buy the Lakers, Knicks, Yankees, and still have enough left over to buy ze Cleveland Browns, decided to spend as much or more on salaries as those teams?

In other words, are you a principled opponent of players getting lots of money, or are you just mad that the Buss family is willing to spend for winning teams, and your favourite team's owners are not?
          No, i am not against players getting money. I just dislike the fact that NBA officials saying that the CBA is designed for financial fair play and league balance, when in reality its just a cash-grab, since the rich will still pay.

Look at Manchester City, PSG, Anzhi in soccer, and then consider LA and their TV deal. The Lakers will always be able to spend.

Comment

I'm just saying we should drop the charade

Comment

Well, I agree with that much.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Don't forget about the Lakers $3-billion dollar tv contract.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct...rs-tv-20121007

(BTW, the click is worth it for the above article. Nuts.)
                That reminds me a lot of what happened when TSN2 and Sportsnet One were introduced a couple of years ago. Actually Belltv still doesn't carry NBA League Pass and, as far as I know, never has. I'd buy it if they offered it. They can't use lack of spectrum as an excuse anymore.

Comment

That reminds me a lot of what happened when TSN2 and Sportsnet One were introduced a couple of years ago. Actually Belltv still doesn't carry NBA League Pass and, as far as I know, never has. I'd buy it if they offered it. They can't use lack of spectrum as an excuse anymore.
                  I assume you mean Bell Satellite and at least they have NBA TV Canada. Bell Fibre Op does not even offer NBA TV Canada.

Online streams for the preseason.

Comment

I assume you mean Bell Satellite and at least they have NBA TV Canada. Bell Fibre Op does not even offer NBA TV Canada.

Online streams for the preseason.
                    Wow, Bell has a different channel lineup for Satellite and Fibe??? WTF :s

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Wow, Bell has a different channel lineup for Satellite and Fibe??? WTF :s
                      I'm glad someone else thinks it is WTF worthy.

Comment

I'm glad someone else thinks it is WTF worthy.
                        I no longer feel bad for "stealing" my in-laws' satellite signal from Bell. Actually, I never felt bad [insert diabolically evil laugh].

Comment

hopefully we beat the lakers when they visit toronto this year haha

Comment

xunknownx wrote: View Post
                            hopefully we beat the lakers when they visit toronto this year haha
                            Not only will we beat them. Kyle Lowry will break Steve Nash's ankles and drain the game winning three pointer making Charles Barkley take back everything he said and bow down in envy. Then the whole league will envy the Toronto Raptors and we'll go on to win 3 straight Championships

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Not only will we beat them. Kyle Lowry will break Steve Nash's ankles and drain the game winning three pointer making Charles Barkley take back everything he said and bow down in envy. Then the whole league will envy the Toronto Raptors and we'll go on to win 3 straight Championships
                              And they'll rename the 'O'brian trophy' to the 'Valanciunas trophy'. Success!

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                                And they'll rename the 'O'brian trophy' to the 'Valanciunas trophy'. Success!
                                haha yea

Comment

Working...
                                X