Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoff Watch Thread - Can the Raptors make it?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Watch Thread - Can the Raptors make it?!

They are now seven games behind the Celtics in the loss column but the Celtics have the tie-breaker.

The Raptors have been playing close to .700 ball over the last 20 or so games.

They have 35 games left of which 19 are at home where right now they are hotter than a pistol.

I think best case is that the Raptors win 24 or 25 of their remaining 35 games. If they win 24 of their remaining games including beating Boston in April then the Raptors will finish 49 - 33. The Celtics would then have to win no more than 19 of their 38 remaining games; i.e. .500 (21 at home vs 17 on the road) for the Raptors to finish ahead of the Celtics. The Celtics are 4-6 in their last 10 games.

Is it more than just a mathematical possibility at this point? I would say that it is definitely a very long shot, but it is possible. My guess is that the Raptors will win finish 48-34 and the Celtics 51 - 31.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

N o

Comment

Anything is possible right?
      Garnett can go down with an injury as can Pierce, Rondo, or Allen.
      Still i dont see it happening. Its just a mathematical possibility, Boston isnt going to win only 50% of the games remaining.

Comment

No.

Comment

i think its possible ..

they got most of their harder games ahead of them .

2 LAKERs . 3 CLEVELAND . 2 DENVER . 1 orlando . spurs . dallas . utahh .

which include a 5 game road trip.

yes boston is a good team n if healthy alotta those games are winnable . but the way they are playin right now . i'd say from 11... 3 -8 / 4-7 ...

it might come down to the game vs raptors later this season ... heheee

Comment

I think it's more likely to take the 4th seed away from Orlando than it is to win the atlantic division. While Boston lost to Orlando just a few days ago, when Garnett returns to form they will be a much more difficult team.

Comment

Isn't the championship question whether garnett will ever return to form? This guy has been plagued by injuries since winning it all, and he's only getting older and slower. Personally, I think it's all downhill from here for the Celts.

Comment

quick update: the raps are now 5.5 games behind, with the raps vs pacers and celts vs. lakers later today

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
                  Isn't the championship question whether garnett will ever return to form? This guy has been plagued by injuries since winning it all, and he's only getting older and slower. Personally, I think it's all downhill from here for the Celts.
                  He certainly isn't the player he was 5 years ago, or even 2 years ago. But if healthy, he can still gear it up for big games and the playoffs. Because of their age, the Celtics are never going to go through a season relatively injury free, and as a result are unlikely to get the top seed. But if they enter the playoffs completely healthy, I think most would consider them to be the favorites in the East.

As for the Raps winning the Atlantic. Nope, not this year. Maybe finishing 4th in the East is possible, but unlikely.
                  I Am Shutup

Comment

I said it a few days ago that it is possible for the raps to catch boston, IF the celtics go on a losing streak and I mean like an 8 in a row or 1-9 kinda strech which is probably not gonna happen. But the C's have been known to loaf through the second half and rest their old men for the playoffs so really anything is possible. My concern would be if the raptors kill themselves to win the division and then have nothin left in the tank for the playoffs. The raptors won the Atlantic once and you should all remember the first round exit that year.
                    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

There should be zero chance of the Raps getting 1st in their Division EXCEPT Boston has been imploding after their hot start! The Cs are not playing well through injuries - the door may be open, just a crack!
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Boston Beats the Wizards..

Man I'm hating on the way things went down it Washington!!!!

I was hoping for a win to put the Raps a clean 4 games behind the Celtics but now there 5 games back again Doh!!!
                        Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

Even though Boston won last night, at least Charlotte and Miami lost. As much as we can look ahead to possibly overtaking Boston for the division lead, we still have to watch our backs as Charlotte, Chicago and Miami are catching us by playing some really good ball too. I know that none of them are in our division, but the playoffs are based on our standings within the top 8 teams in the conference. It would really suck if any of those teams ended up overtaking us for 5th or even 4th place.

Comment

I want another Atlantic Division title banner! LOL!
                            RR OG

Comment

You Guys Flatter Me - Thanks Bunches

One of my threads has become a sticky. Thanks guys/gals. I am greatly flattered and appreciate it.

Here's hoping that the Raptors play can keep it a Sticky.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X