Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: I can't think of a thread title, but whatever, it's against Milwaukee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something special about Villanova guards that have played here. Kyle made closing the game the easiest feeling as a fan.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Only preseason, but 18 turnovers is just too high. I know Casey wants to take more risks on offense which is going to cause more turnovers, but they really need to get to a decent range (last year they averaged 14.5 giveaways, and they were ranked 20th in the league).

If they cough up the ball 18 times against a team like Miami, OKC, or Denver they are toast. Upper echelon teams, but still.. you want the Raps to be competitive against every opponent.
      Yes the t/overs were too high....BUT..it takes a while for a team to gel. We also have a new starting pg (who had 7 by himself) a bunch of new players including rookies. Casey as well is still trying new combos. It will come. I am just glad we have hope that this team is an improvement over last year and it's ceiling not yet determined. This is the fun part for me...as long as there is progress.

Comment

Am I the only one who hasn't been overly impressed with the 5-1 record so far? I mean, the wins are nice, but each game has been pretty sloppy, and I get the feeling that we pulled out victories not because of precise/smart execution, but simply because we've been less crappy than the opponent. Even the blowout NY win didn't seem crisp. It just seemed like NY imploded.

I think this Raptor team has potential to surprise this season, but we're still pretty far from a well-oiled machine.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Am I the only one who hasn't been overly impressed with the 5-1 record so far? I mean, the wins are nice, but each game has been pretty sloppy, and I get the feeling that we pulled out victories not because of precise/smart execution, but simply because we've been less crappy than the opponent. Even the blowout NY win didn't seem crisp. It just seemed like NY imploded.

I think this Raptor team has potential to surprise this season, but we're still pretty far from a well-oiled machine.
          I'm with you on that one. The record doesn't pop out at me, just proves that this team can close a game.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I agree. When the season comes, teams will be more sharp and ready. You're right about how the Raptors are essentially sucking less than the other teams, which seems discouraging. But obviously there are some positives coming out of these games, like JV's progress and team chemistry

Comment

I agree, but a lot of it for me has to do with the quality of opponents we've faced so far. One non-NBA team, twice against the Pistons whom were as bad as us last year, and the Knicks whom are still a jumble of talent with no direction. The win against the Bucks was pretty good though because they are a tough, defensive type team, and the game had that grinding sort of feel to it....good to know we ca win against those types of teams. JV will be tested against a legit big in the Memphis game. That game should provide a truer measuremnt of where the Rap's stand against good teams.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                ...JV will be tested against a legit big in the Memphis game. That game should provide a truer measuremnt of where the Rap's stand against good teams.
                So if the Raps win against Memphis, THEN can we be overly impressed with the pre-season record?

Comment

From the looks of Memphis' preseason I'd be surprised to see gasol or Randolph in the starting lineup for our game with them. Looks like speights and Jordan(?) will be starting.

Comment

Before Vince went soft, he successfully closed plenty of games in our "hey day".

Lowry might be better in that department one day, but he hasn't proven it yet.
                    Idk man Kyle lowry seems pretty clutch. He definitely has the Alvin Williams to his game. He has some killer handles, like when he gave Raymond Felton some free dancing lessons up in montreal. I could see him crossing someone up and nailing a 3 for the win

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      So if the Raps win against Memphis, THEN can we be overly impressed with the pre-season record?
                      LOL, yes absoluteley.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Idk man Kyle lowry seems pretty clutch. He definitely has the Alvin Williams to his game. He has some killer handles, like when he gave Raymond Felton some free dancing lessons up in montreal. I could see him crossing someone up and nailing a 3 for the win
                        I'm wasn't saying that Lowry isn't clutch. Just that Vince was on a different level (before he changed his name to Michelle).

Comment

Watching Boardwalk Empire and thought of VC/MC when Jimmys mom reveals to his wife that when he was a baby she'd "kiss his willy"
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I'm wasn't saying that Lowry isn't clutch. Just that Vince was on a different level (before he changed his name to Michelle).
                            ya i guess you're right about that

Comment

Working...
                            X