Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: I can't think of a thread title, but whatever, it's against Milwaukee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I start to believe something special might be around this year!

Something tells me that our Raps will be better than we thought they could be this year.

Raps are able to defend most teams and keep them shooting at about 40% consistently. Raps don't have the best offense in the NBA, but might have a very steady offense this year. It just seems that Raps have so many ways they can score that they're able to score at least more efficiently than their opponent over the entire game.

Two things that need correction:
    Turnovers and 1st quarter defense.
    Other than that, to me they are fine.

I really look at this Raps team and I don't feel like they (or we the fans) should fear any opponent out there. I suddenly realize, that over the regular season we might win series with New York, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Cleveland, Detroit, Washington, Orlando, Charlotte and maybe even Chicago (no Rose) and Brooklyn (don't buy them yet).

The only teams that will realistically stay out of Raps reach in the standings are Miami, Philly, Boston and Indiana.
    We might be the 5th seed come playoffs. This is of course provided everybody stays healthy and everybody stays out of drama trouble...

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
      Something tells me that our Raps will be better than we thought they could be this year.

Raps are able to defend most teams and keep them shooting at about 40% consistently. Raps don't have the best offense in the NBA, but might have a very steady offense this year. It just seems that Raps have so many ways they can score that they're able to score at least more efficiently than their opponent over the entire game.

Two things that need correction:
      Turnovers and 1st quarter defense.
      Other than that, to me they are fine.

I really look at this Raps team and I don't feel like they (or we the fans) should fear any opponent out there. I suddenly realize, that over the regular season we might win series with New York, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Cleveland, Detroit, Washington, Orlando, Charlotte and maybe even Chicago (no Rose) and Brooklyn (don't buy them yet).

The only teams that will realistically stay out of Raps reach in the standings are Miami, Philly, Boston and Indiana.
      We might be the 5th seed come playoffs. This is of course provided everybody stays healthy and everybody stays out of drama trouble...
      What gets Phiily on that list? They have to show something first. To be honest, I'm interested to see how we match up against Indy. Could be interesting.

Comment

DO. NOT. DOUBT. THE. JUMPER! Amir Johnson

Significant things: Lowry's clutch abilities.
        Derozan's ability to score in the low post.
        Jonas Valanciunas and his ability to effect the game whatever way.
        John Lucas and Jose Calderon together is very effective vs. smaller lineups.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lowry is the best closer the team has had since... ever?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            What gets Phiily on that list? They have to show something first. To be honest, I'm interested to see how we match up against Indy. Could be interesting.
            I am not convinced with Philadelphia personally as they gave up the foundation of their defense in Iggy. Not to mention the serious injury concerns that I have in Bynum. The season has not even started and he is already missing time due to his sore knees. I cannot see any way in which he manages to stay healthy throughout the year...which leaves the 76ers with little offense and a weaker defense then last year as well.

Since that trade went through I have been under the opinion that we will finish higher in the division then Philly, with a possibility of competing with New York and Brooklyn (Boston is out of our range unless they are decimated by injuries).
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

My bad... I totally forgot there for a second that Philly had major changes... I add them to those teams that we are likely to beat. 4th seed in reach!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                Lowry is the best closer the team has had since... ever?
                Disagree. Whether you like him or not, that will forever be Vince.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  vince was a heck of a player when he wanted to be but closer wasn't something i ever really attributed to him.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

disagree. Whether you like him or not, that will forever be vince.
                    no trolling!
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Gotta agree. When the raptors played, vince was always the clutch closer. The only problem was that he was on the nets at the time.

Comment

What I find encouraging is that preseason or not this is the type of game that we frequently lost in the past. Close games that we were not able to close in year's past. If you look at the last two games both teams had their starters on the floor down the stretch and were trying to win the games. Can't wait for opening night.

Comment

jokes aside, this was a weird feeling to see the raps seem like they were in control closing this out. Whether the stats bear it out or not, it feels like it has so often been the other team coming through with the clutch shot. I acknowledge hedo hitting free throws against the lakers. Bosh hit a last second three point shot once. Jose did something against Boston. Bargnani against Portland? (I'm stretching there). The point is, it seems like there have been so many years of bargnani's shot, demar's shot, bosh's shot...hitting the back rim and out. I can barely recall if that was one of the things VC excelled at. I'll still be happy to take Durant, but in the meantime, I liked what I've seen from this group so far.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                            What I find encouraging is that preseason or not this is the type of game that we frequently lost in the past. Close games that we were not able to close in year's past. If you look at the last two games both teams had their starters on the floor down the stretch and were trying to win the games. Can't wait for opening night.
                            you read my mind (or vice versa)

Comment

anthony davis with 17 rebounds tonight. I'm ok with him theoretically being picked just ahead of Jonas this year

Comment

I really liked both of AB's drives to the hoop, but his lazy attitude is really trying my patience. Lowry came alive in the third quarter, but was largely absent for the first half. Acy needs D-League play, and Fields is as hot and cold as Katy Perry. Really liked Demar's post-up game. Amir's shot was money. JV had great moves, and with more muscle, he'd finish a lot stronger. All in all... A good game!
                                Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Working...
                                X