Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We proved him wrong! 34 wins baby!

Comment

Woooo! YES DEMAR! lol 34 big Ws I will die Laughing if DeRozan posts #Clown on twitter haha

Comment

#clown! Wooot baby 34 wins!!!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Craiger, I can tell you a little bit about the Raptors, Colangelo and the media. Most of this comes from a colleague of mine who knows and works with several of the people at Teachers (the old owners) who were involved in the basketball side of things, so it is second hand.

What I have been told is that image is extremely important to BC. His own image and the image of the team. He is fiercely protective of that image and what he wants it to be. The Raptors have people who are constantly reviewing the media, blogs, etc. to know what people are saying about them. People in MLSE had never seen anything quite like it and the media guys know that if they are too negative they, and their organizations, will be given less access. In other words, you get Feschuked.

Now take that for what it's worth coming from an anonymous poster but if you look at how the Toronto sports papers, networks, radio cover the Leafs and Jays, as opposed to the Raps, you see a clear difference. I have also seen other posters on other boards who have media access make similar statements. It might just be a meme but I don't think so. If you go look at how negative the coverage was during the end of the Grunwald era and the Babcock disaster, I think you get a clear indication that things changed when BC was hired.
          Thought of this discussion when I read part of Doug Smith's recent blog posting. It, atleast indirectly, supports some of this (now old) discussion:

Question to Smith:
          Do you ever get remarks from the Raps front office staff about articles you write.
          Response:

A: Every morning, one of the hard-working staffers deep in the bowels of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment cubicle-land compiles a package of that day’s media ramblings; it includes anything written here or anywhere about the team and it is distributed to a Henchman list that’s as long as your arm. And to Bryan, too.

How closely any of them reads it is unknown but I know more than a few of them look at it quite closely to check that day’s temperature.

I don’t think the comments section here is included in the package that goes out but every now and then, either I will send a particularly bad or good one off to someone but usually it’s with the tagline: “These are my people.”

Comment

Hollinger rubs the Raptors nation the wrong way every year but his track record is far superior to our collective record.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Hollinger rubs the Raptors nation the wrong way every year but his track record is far superior to our collective record.
              Hollinger is the guy that developed the systems for ESPN of rating and predicting teams and individual performances based on data. He no longer works for ESPN but ESPN still uses his formulas and they still bear his name. There is no personal bias against the Raptors or any other team.

Comment

Never said there was a personal bias.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Never said there was a personal bias.
                  Sorry I quoted you when I was thinking about the time I mentioned Hollinger's name and drew this response:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ht=#post188485

Comment

No problem, negative press sometimes gets confused with personal vendetta. I don't make this confusion though.

Comment

Working...
                    X