X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Evil Dead - Then and Now.

Then (1983):

Now (2013 technically):

Seems they are paying homage to the original quite heavily. Which is a good thing.
    Which also makes sense considering Sam Raimi (Original Director), Robert Tapert (Orig. Producer), and Bruce effin' Campbell are all Producing the flick.

This is going to be good. Not many things make me squirm ... this trailer made me do it like 4 times.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Oct 29, 2012, 05:10 PM.

I happened to go see "Army of Darkness, the Musical" with my son (huge Bruce Campbell fan) when it was playing at a little theatre north of the skydome about 4 years ago. Great time. Campbell would have loved it.

Comment

im curious to see if they go the serious route of the first one... or the comedy route of the second one (which was essentially just the first one over again, but funnier)

Comment

i heard its going to be more serious
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

THey killed the link to the new trailer. Damnit.

This one should stick as its from Sonys Youtube Page.

So yes, judging from the trailer, its VERY serious. And twisted.
          The shot of the chick licking the Exacto-knife? SOOO brutal. Couldn't/Can't watch it, still.
          The shot of the dude wielding the Chainsaw is exhilerating though, not going to lie.

ADD Updated the original link in Post #1 as well.
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Oct 29, 2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

As far as i know, I only have seen the thrid one, which is hilarious. I've seen it several times.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I have seen the whole trilogy now. Not the new one. I heard the new one is gory like "Dead Alive/Braindead" gory. But, I haven't seen that either, only clips.

Talking about the trilogy The first one is scary. The second one is scary, but hilarious as well and it's the perfect blend.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Big fan of the franchise, saw all three a number of times, saw the musical too, awesome, just awesome.

The new version, fantastic really. They didn't disrespect the old one, just shined it up, stuck to the script. I really liked it and YES, there are parts where you thing "holy fuck, REALLY???"

Good times. I hope they do all three, and keep with the theme of getting progressively more funny. It would absolutely rock.

Comment

Finally watching this ... Geezus fuck ... I don't watch scary movies really anymore ... and this is reminding me why ...

Comment

Oh, I watched it a while back. Complete horseshit. So awful. I watched the original trilogy again just to get the bad taste ouy of my mouth

Comment

Working...
                    X