Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonny weems looking good in euroleague

he was mvp that week.

his footwork and fluidity and ball handling look much more polished. (very baked right now hope im making an accurate analysis)
    Last edited by akashsingh; Fri Oct 26, 2012, 12:34 PM.

bad new's the nba 3 point line is further....

Comment

Good for Sonny. It looks like he's made dramatic improvements the last year+ in Europe. Playing that big a role for CSKA is a big deal.

Comment

I thought Sonny was a bit of a chucker when he was playing for the Raps.. the problem was that they wanted to spend the time in developing DeMar who they considered the better prospect. Sonny has some decent skills (ball handling, athleticism, mid range shot)... but he may have lacked the discipline (ie, may not be as coachable as DeMar is for example).

He was playing for a contract in Toronto but didn't step up when it really mattered, and that's a red flag for me.

Good for him if he finds a niche in euro ball. I think we made the right decision with Sonny though.

Comment

I viewed Weems in a similar light to how I viewed JJ; if they would have realized their strengths/limitations and accepted their role, they could have been valuable teammates. However, both seemed to think more highly of themselves and never appeared to be happy with a role they deemed to be limited.

When Weems focussed on defense and drove aggressively to the basket, without forcing his offense, he was highly effective (ie: his 1st season with Toronto). However, in his 2nd year, he started settling for long jumpers and became a ball-stopper on offense, often forcing things and killing the offensive flow/momentum of the team. He also seemed to put forth much less effort of defense, which made him look lazy.

Self absorbed 'me first' entitlement is a team chemistry killer, just ask Weems, JJ, Bayless, Ford, etc...

Comment

Looks like he truly improved. However, every time he has the ball in this video, he never seem to be looking around to see where his teammates are. He seems to be looking to do everything himself. Maybe I'm wrong and missed something but I like him lots. Just looks like he is not involving his teammates enough. Just Saying!

Comment

He doesn't look different to my eye. He happened to make the long range two's this week. He made a few in T.O. are well. I'm happy he is enjoying some success over there.

Comment

Weems is a scrub

Comment

he is tied for the leauge leader in scoring witch impressed me until i found out he is tied with jordan farmar
                  No Dissrespect...
                  With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Farmar's ...okay. The bigger deal is that he's doing it on CSKA. Isn't Messina the coach? He's a pretty hardcore coach who would bench anyone. If he's being allowed to play that role on a vet laden team with a coach like that that carries some weight.

Comment

Will Soloman also looked good in Euroleague

Comment

We could replace him with alan anderson in a couple of seasons

Comment

We need Money Weems back. Watching this made me sad

Comment

Meh.....
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

A couple of those turnarounds were very poor choice shots. Shit selection is still poor. It would have been sweet to see him progress with demar but oh well. Can't count on someone who won't put in the time

Comment

Working...
                              X