We are #1 in preseason standing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are #1 in preseason standing!

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/1 I know it's only preseason so please don't take this good feeling away from me.

So pre-season is over. All games are final and we are tied with 76ers for the top spot in the NBA pre-season standings. 6 - 1 with Raps #1 in the standings. So just for this very short time, let's enjoy the fact that Nash and the Lakers finish dead last with 0 - 8. Yeah Yeah I know most of you will say that these games mean nothing. But for this 5 minutes of fame of the Raps sitting #1 I am going to enjoy. I suggest the rest of you enjoy it also and be proud of our boys, if only for a brief, unofficial moment!

Go Raps Go!

Amen Brotha!

I'm super happy about it, AND! I know it doesn't mean ish, but i'm going to enjoy for what it is.

Also, I loved the boxscore from yesterdays game. Bargs with 21pts in 18mins, throwing down a couple of threes. Because there was no broadcast, I'm imagining that JV clogged the middle so effectively that he freed up good looks for Bargs. Again, because I couldn't see it, that's what I choose to believe. Yay!
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

This is the first year I have watched every pre-season game that was available. It has been fun. Anticipation of seeing JV, Lowry and Fields play with the existing guys was pretty high. DeMar and Lucas have been pleasant surprises.

While true, the outcomes of the games mean nothing, it is obvious that the Raps now have a solid core of capable defensive minded players starting and they will have some good defensive and offensive options off the bench.

I have been pretty happy watching the games and am really getting pumped for the season.

Comment

I'm not saying this is proof we're going to the playoffs, but this is a nice stat.

Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
        Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
        Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

hey alex, any news of Sean Marks? I know he kept playing basketball after he left the Raptors.

Comment

Marks, who is the first New Zealander NBA player, played for the Spurs and a few other NBA teams. He retired and is now an assistant on the Spurs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Marks

Comment

alexaussie wrote: View Post
              I'm not saying this is proof we're going to the playoffs, but this is a nice stat.

Yeah guy! Love it.
              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                Marks, who is the first New Zealander NBA player, played for the Spurs and a few other NBA teams. He retired and is now an assistant on the Spurs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Marks
                Thank you stretch. Should have thought of Wikipedia myself. I figured Sean would be doing something with basketball back home. Nice to see he landed on his feet in the NBA. Seemed like a good kid.

Comment

magloire has been waived... our roster is now 15. i cant wait for the season opener

Comment

I didn't know where to put his pic, so here...

MR PRIMO!

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Can't complain about that win total! Even if it is only preseason, we gotta take what we can get! Haha

Valanciunas was the big Surprise for me. I expected him to be good .. but he surpassed my fairly lofty expectations. He just KNOWS how to play basketball, and do it with a consistently high motor.

Also really like what I've seen from Derozan. Love the aggresiveness we've seen from him. If he keeps up that level of attack, then we won't have much to complain about.

The other thing that surprised me about the whole roster, is how much more smoother the offense was running compared to last year. According to NBA Stats we had the 4th best Point Differential in the League for Pre-season, and scored the 3rd most Points Per Game; while we only held opponents to 94ppg (good for 17th). If we can find a nice balance, and maintain some of this new found (re-found?) Offensive ability, we should be good to go!

As for disappointments, I'm with the few that have called out Ross, thus far anyway.
                      But I expect him to shake the rust and come out once Regular season starts, and put up about 8ppg.
                      Last edited by Joey; Sat Oct 27, 2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Can't complain about that win total! Even if it is only preseason, we gotta take what we can get! Haha

Valanciunas was the big Surprise for me. I expected him to be good .. but he surpassed my fairly lofty expectations. He just KNOWS how to play basketball, and do it with a consistently high motor.

Also really like what I've seen from Derozan. Love the aggresiveness we've seen from him. If he keeps up that level of attack, then we won't have much to complain about.

The other thing that surprised me about the whole roster, is how much more smoother the offense was running compared to last year. According to NBA Stats we had the 4th best Point Differential in the League for Pre-season, and scored the 3rd most Points Per Game; while we only held opponents to 94ppg (good for 17th). If we can find a nice balance, and maintain some of this new found (re-found?) Offensive ability, we should be good to go!

As for disappointments, I'm with the few that have called out Ross, thus far anyway.
                        But I expect him to shake the rust and come out once Regular season starts, and put up about 8ppg.
                        It far too early to call out Ross. Dont be in the group of haters who will hide like dogs with their tails between their legs when Ross starts to impress. Ross had a knee injury, and a flu virus... just some bad luck. his cold and injury did not allow him to get playing time in preseason so its not doubt he will have some rust. Ross will find his groove, his summer league numbers and his stellar performance happened, so you cant ignore that. On top of that if Drummond wasn't doing what he is during this preseason nobody would be hating on Ross. IM still on the Ross wagon and ill be happy when he comes around. I expect Ross to have similar stats to derozan in his rookie year.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/demar_...eer_stats.html

Comment

Pesterm wrote:
                          It far too early to call out Ross. Dont be in the group of haters who will hide like dogs with their tails between their legs when Ross starts to impress. Ross had a knee injury, and a flu virus... just some bad luck. his cold and injury did not allow him to get playing time in preseason so its not doubt he will have some rust. Ross will find his groove, his summer league numbers and his stellar performance happened, so you cant ignore that. On top of that if Drummond wasn't doing what he is during this preseason nobody would be hating on Ross. IM still on the Ross wagon and ill be happy when he comes around. I expect Ross to have similar stats to derozan in his rookie year.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/demar_...eer_stats.html
                          ... ? I'm confused. You speak as if I said something that would imply we disagree; and yet you say he'll have numbers similar to Demar (8.6ppg Rookie season), after I just said he'd put up about 8ppg. I said nothing haterish, and will not be anytime soon. As I recall, I was the first to voice support toward the picking of Ross on this forum.

Just saying I was disappointed I didn't get to see him show out a little and he didn't perform due to whatever ailments.
                          I guess I could have clarified which of those I was 'with' in terms of the assessment of Ross. Just disappointed.

Me and Ross are still cool.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            As I recall, I was the first to voice support toward the picking of Ross on this forum.
                            No, no, no. I was first!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              No, no, no. I was first!
                              LOL I didn't mean it like that. :P

But seriously, I was first.

Comment

Working...
                              X