Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors release Magloire

http://www.bnd.com/2012/10/27/237474...#storylink=rss

The Toronto Raptors have waived center Jamaal Magloire to reduce the roster to 15 for the start of the 2012-13 season.

Magloire, a Toronto native re-signed by the team in September, did not play during the preseason after averaging 1.2 points and 3.3 rebounds in 34 games for the Raptors last season. He was the first Canadian-born player to play for the franchise.

The 34-year-old Kentucky product has averaged 7.2 points and 6.5 rebounds in 680 career games with the Hornets, Bucks, Trail Blazers, Nets, Mavericks, Heat and Raptors.

Toronto opens its season on Wednesday against Indiana.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/10/27/237474...#storylink=cpy

My Raps made the correct choice?

<3 *applause*!!!!
    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Sat Oct 27, 2012, 01:21 PM.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Yeah, pretty expected. Anything he had left he used up last year. We have enough bigs, and McGuire ( I assume they'll keep him now, though I suppose they could decide to waive him too if they want to open a spot) fits a type we don't really have with anyone else as a guy who can defend multiple positions.

Comment

It was expected, but it was still worrying me
        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Good choice. Hoping he'll stay around the team.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
            It was expected, but it was still worrying me
            I think they didn't cut him earlier so that they could pay him a player's salary, out of respect, to at least practice with the team in preseason. And then just put off the decision til now, where there's a few days break to talk to him about if he wants to work for the Raps in some other way.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              I think they didn't cut him earlier so that they could pay him a player's salary, out of respect, to at least practice with the team in preseason. And then just put off the decision til now, where there's a few days break to talk to him about if he wants to work for the Raps in some other way.
              Would love him to be some type of coach.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
              X