Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Raptors pull a "James Harden" with Derozan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Raptors pull a "James Harden" with Derozan?

Its obvious from contract extension talks that Demar wants more money then the Raptors are willing to give him. I know Demar is no James Harden but after that huge trade how much do you think he is worth if we dangle him out there?!

Lol try to convince Memphis that DeMar has better potential then Rudy Gay. I wonder if they'd buy it

Comment

But honestly i don't think we should trade him until we see him play this season. What if he's actually improved a lot? we could end up trading a very good player. I say wait out the season and see how he plays

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        But honestly i don't think we should trade him until we see him play this season. What if he's actually improved a lot? we could end up trading a very good player. I say wait out the season and see how he plays
        I don't think he will improve a whole lot.

He maybe stronger and will get to the line more but he will not be a good shooter from the 2 and he is too small to play the 3. He will want more money then he is worth. If we can get a good deal for him, we need to take it.

Comment

what contract extension talks?

Comment

I've never heard he is after more than the raps want to offer, Where is your source????

Comment

HOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLY SHEEEEEEEEET!

Man goes to sleep for an hour and this happens!

I love the 100% totally unexpected trade!

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                I've never heard he is after more than the raps want to offer, Where is your source????
                Really though. He hasn't said publicly that that he wanted more money did he?

Comment

They can try it, but keep in mind that any team trading for DD will have to be confident they could a) extend him for a reasonable amount or b) match any offer he gets later. For a max player like Harden this is a no brainer if you've got the cap space. It's much different with DeRozan because he'd still be susceptible to poaching from other teams with too much money and not enough sense, and that's really going to hurt his value on the market.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                    They can try it, but keep in mind that any team trading for DD will have to be confident they could a) extend him for a reasonable amount or b) match any offer he gets later. For a max player like Harden this is a no brainer if you've got the cap space. It's much different with DeRozan because he'd still be susceptible to poaching from other teams with too much money and not enough sense, and that's really going to hurt his value on the market.
                    Excellent point re max player .. with harden, if you are going to pay it .. no one will be able to pay more. With DD, whos somewhere in the middle .. way more risk. Not to mention, Im not sure we could get one first round pick for DD (think about what we traded for Lowry - is DD any better (no!) and he has a worse contract situation. So .. I think the point is moot from a few perspectives...

Comment

hardens stats for last season hardly look like max money..im guessing presti felt the same..

Harden 16.8PPG, 3.7APG, 4.1RPG in 31.4min

Derozan 16.7 PPG, 2.0 APG, 3.3 RPG in 35min

BC better trade Dero... if derozan thinks hes worth max like harden thinks then get rid of him now..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        hardens stats for last season hardly look like max money..im guessing presti felt the same..

BC better trade Dero... if derozan thinks hes worth max like harden thinks then get rid of him now..
                        The missing stat here is shooting percentages. Harden was extremely efficient at 49.1% fg, 39% 3pt, 84.6% ft. DeRozan was 42.2%, 26.1%, and 81%.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

To be fair Harden played on the 2nd best team in the league, scored vert eficiently, has one of the best bball IQs in the league is a very good defender and on the Rockets he will probably ~24pts a game. Derozan isnt on the same level and if he demanded a big contract wihout major improvements to his game he would be really overrestimating his skill and what he brings to a team

Comment

To answer this thread's original question:

Anyone and everyone on the Raptors minus JV should be available if it improves the Raptors.

Being a fan and being loyal is great but, in all seriousness, what has the core of Bargnani-DeRozan-Calderon done for the Raptors the last couple of years?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              To answer this thread's original question:

Anyone and everyone on the Raptors minus JV should be available if it improves the Raptors.

Being a fan and being loyal is great but, in all seriousness, what has the core of Bargnani-DeRozan-Calderon done for the Raptors the last couple of years?
                              I dont think anyone would object to trading DD (or anyone else) - the question is whether there is a team on the other side willing to give up assets for DD .. I think the answer is no.

Comment

Working...
                              X