Final possession. Call was fishy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final possession. Call was fishy.

So vagas had Indiana to win by two points. Shot clock turned off. Ball tipped out of bound. Would giving papers the ball allow them to beat the raps and ensure the two points spread? Yes! Call could have went raps way since they were the home team. And already raps were getting nailed with non calls. Just my thoughts.

They did take their foot off the gas though. Good game in either case.

On another note, how lucky are we for not landing Nash? Would have been a totally different team. He got hurt early in Lakers second loss with a bruised leg. Things happens for a reason. Good or bad!

Go raps

The call that pisses me off is the push off offensive foul on Bargnani and West does the exact same thing - no call.

Regardless, bad play and poor coaching cost the Raps this game.

Bring on Brooklyn.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The call that pisses me off is the push off offensive foul on Bargnani and West does the exact same thing - no call.

Bring on Brooklyn.
      There were many missed or shall I say, non calls. Poor dd couldn't buy a call. Kyle should have got final shot. Just saying.

Comment

I was wondering about that...lack of exposure may kill us in future for the lack of non-calls. That's where it helps to have an all-star. Despite last year just not being good, the amount of no-calls was tragic. I should also mention that I am not a simple Raps homer either. Just that it was somewhat obvious. Hope that isn't the case this year.
        i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Bring on Brooklyn.
          the non call on hill's winning bucket was kinda frustrating given the fact bargs got that push off call. Hill basicly threw Lowry away from him & didnt get any call...

u can blame the coaching all u want but if the raps got a few calls go there way this game is ours..

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
            So vagas had Indiana to win by two points. Shot clock turned off. Ball tipped out of bound. Would giving papers the ball allow them to beat the raps and ensure the two points spread? Yes! Call could have went raps way since they were the home team. And already raps were getting nailed with non calls. Just my thoughts.

On another note, how lucky are we for not landing Nash? Would have been a totally different team. He got hurt early in Lakers second loss with a bruised leg. Things happens for a reason. Good or bad!

Go raps
            No more conspiracy theories, please! The sporting world isn't out to screw Canadian teams.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              the non call on hill's winning bucket was kinda frustrating given the fact bargs got that push off call. Hill basicly threw Lowry away from him & didnt get any call...

u can blame the coaching all u want but if the raps got a few calls go there way this game is ours..
              When I look to assign blame, I prefer to look at controllable events. I don't view referees as controllable. The Raps have no one to blame for this loss except themselves. The game was their's to win and they gave it away.

Comment

When I look to assign blame, I prefer to look at controllable events. I don't view referees as controllable. The Raps have no one to blame for this loss except themselves. The game was their's to win and they gave it away.
                Agreed. The whoa-is-me, refs-hate-Toronto, talk needs to stop. There were horrible calls on both sides. At the end of the day, the refs didn't shoot 36% from the field, and the refs didn't let West explode for 14 pts in the final quarter.

Comment

Even Yahoo noticed the BS non-calls on Demar

DeRozan scored 10 points on 5-for-14 shooting, adding five rebounds, in Wednesday's 90-88 loss to the Pacers.

Recommendation: Despite numerous attempts to take the ball to the rim that met a wall of Indiana defenders, DeRozan could neither get his shot to fall nor get a foul call from the refs, leading to a fairly vanilla box score line. It's encouraging to see DeRozan be that aggressive though rather than settling for jump shots though, and better scoring days should be ahead.
                  (Rotowire.com)

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Agreed. The whoa-is-me, refs-hate-Toronto, talk needs to stop. There were horrible calls on both sides. At the end of the day, the refs didn't shoot 36% from the field, and the refs didn't let West explode for 14 pts in the final quarter.
                    +1. I fully agree on this.

Comment

I agree with some points. There were horrible calls on both sides yes, but doesnt mean the calls on both sides had the same impact on the situation. i thought there were more non-calls with the Raps down the stretch and thats what buried them. Unfortunately, refs are part of the game and what they do makes an impact on how teams play. If the refs called all those fouls against Demar and Bargnani, and they got all those FTs in, would West's 14 points have made a difference? Probably not. And this is how refs impact the game. That last play too it was fairly obvious that Bargnani got bumped by West, but a non-call ended the game.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post

Go raps
                        hahaha this one is a bit over the top though.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

I actually thought Lowry fouled Hill on that play and the refs left it at a no call

Comment

Non-premier teams playing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> non-premier refs being assigned the game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lots of incorrect or missed calls. This has been true in the NBA for years.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              I agree with some points. There were horrible calls on both sides yes, but doesnt mean the calls on both sides had the same impact on the situation. i thought there were more non-calls with the Raps down the stretch and thats what buried them. Unfortunately, refs are part of the game and what they do makes an impact on how teams play. If the refs called all those fouls against Demar and Bargnani, and they got all those FTs in, would West's 14 points have made a difference? Probably not. And this is how refs impact the game. That last play too it was fairly obvious that Bargnani got bumped by West, but a non-call ended the game.
                              Here's my problem with blaming the refs, it takes ownership of the loss away from those who deserve it most (i.e. the Raptors). Why are we shooting long 2's in the final 5 minutes of a game? Why are we not doubling West after he scored 4 straight buckets?

If we made smart decisions, the game was ours. I'm not looking at the refs to help us overcome our own mistakes. We deserved to lose last night, and unless we improve our "crunch time IQ", there will be far more L's than W's. Like Matt said, control what you can control, and don't worry about the rest.

Expecting refs to make great calls for a full 48 minutes is asking too much....especially since it has yet to happen in NBA history.

Comment

Working...
                              X