Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Maybe not...

However it is disrespectful (to yourself and the team you root for) to be selling your own team short.
    I wasn't selling the team short. I'm saying what is very likely to be true. For an exaggerated example, if I said that the Raptors are inferior to Miami, would that be selling the Raptors short?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      i really don't expect a win. JJ always kills us and i have a feeling the refs are going to make sure the nba's shiny new moneymaker gets off on the right foot.

i HATE thinking like that with refs but its just a really bad feeling i get.
      D.Will always kills us too....but then again, that's when Calderon is checking him.

Comment

Our bigs will be better than their bigs, their guards will be better than our guards. Should make for a good game. I think AB will have a big game.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Our bigs will be better than their bigs, their guards will be better than our guards. Should make for a good game. I think AB will have a big game.
          I hope he does. I want me some Barney Domination!

Comment

Although I think the Nets are a stronger team, it does annoy me that so many throw their own team under the bus. As long as I watch and they are playing full out; I'm happy.

There are of us from away do actually spend the money to fly to TO for a few games each year, and feel the same sense of pride and ownership that the locals do. I do consider it disloyal to ALWAYS throw your players under the bus...just my take.

Comment

we won't win because the home team has to win after a tradegy. watch the knicks beat the heat lol
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

It would be great but how can you truly be happy about it! I mean, these players will be playing their first game at home officially. And their city is in total disarray. So yes it would be nice to beat them but I am sure their hearts will not be 1000% into it.

Just My thought anyway.

Go Raps!

Comment

For all those attacking me for what I said, I'm just sick of people in Toronto repeating to themselves and others that the Raptors are sh*t and haven't changed, it is also a new roster...

Maybe I misinterpreted what he was saying.
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Isn't there a difference between saying the Raptors are sh!t, vs. acknowledging that another team is better?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Isn't there a difference between saying the Raptors are sh!t, vs. acknowledging that another team is better?

I dunno, the feeling of "submission" in the Raptors franchise is too familiar... We almost beat Indiana, so I'm not going to hang my head against BK.

Basically, I don't want to completely count out the Raps, not like this comment said earlier (you didn't say it, just sort of annoyed me):

There's no chance in hell we beat Brooklyn tonight. No chance.
                      Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Fri Nov 2, 2012, 03:45 PM.
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I dunno, the feeling of "submission" in the Raptors franchise is too familiar... We almost beat Indiana, so I'm not going to hang my head against BK.
                        We should have won that game, but it's just one game... and Indi was without Granger, to play devil's advocate.

On paper, Brooklyn has the 2 best individual players between the 2 teams: DWill and JJ. I personally think they are overhyped, I think that their bigs (Lopez & Hump) are overrated and think that their bench is abysmal. But I understand why people rank them higher than Toronto, too.

I think Toronto matches up quite well with Brooklyn, as long as Lowry, Fields and DeRozan can contain DWill, JJ and Wallace. I think Toronto needs to pound them down low, setting Bargnani on attack mode and slapping him if he takes more than 20% of his shots from outside 10' against Hump.

Comment

Basically, I don't want to completely count out the Raps, not like this comment said earlier (you didn't say it, just sort of annoyed me):
                          I'm with you on the 2nd point. Even last year with a very weak roster, the Raptors were in basically every game, and could've beaten any team on any night. This year, with a noticeably improved roster, should mean more wins.

For the record, I think Brooklyn is overhyped too. I don't see them as a top-4 seed at all, but I do see them making the playoffs relatively easily.
                          Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Nov 2, 2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Brooklyn's bench sucks.. once their bench comes in, that's when we'll attack. Hopefully Amir/Jose have a good game tomorrow.

Comment

Just announced that NBATV has picked up the Brooklyn/Toronto game for tomorrow night. I would expect a lot of viewers due to the significance of the first game in Brooklyn.
                              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Hopefully we can ruin their new city home-opener, much like their tanking last year ruined our chances at #7 pick! lol Payback's gonna be a bitch Brooklyn! Karma's comin' to getcha!

Comment

Working...
                                X