Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League's best glue guys - Lowry

Lowry
    When Lowry steps on the floor, any five-man unit he runs instantly becomes tougher. His willingness to accept any kind of task and love for contact is contagious. How often does a stocky 6-foot point guard average 4.6 rebounds a game? While not as versatile as most glue guys, Lowry's bruising playing style should set the tone for a group in Toronto that has a rep for being a bit soft.

Lowry's fullback-like physique allows him to barrel down the lane without regard. Much like Rondo, Lowry spends a lot of time picking himself up off the floor, which draws effusive praise from his coaches and teammates. Lowry's one of the best at drawing charges, particularly on the break. His disregard for his own body as he sets up to allow much bigger offensive players to crash into him underscores his commitment to the team. As the Raptors search for a new identity, Lowry's toughness should be a great starting point for them to latch on to.

Best glue quality: Toughness
    From Insider

Completely agree. His mentality, hustle and swagger is already rubbing off on the rest of the team.
    @sweatpantsjer

Totally agree, and this is what I expected and was excited about getting KLowry. My kind of player.

Comment

prototypical Casey player
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I have to admit I wasn't sure what the hype was about before Kyle arrived. Now even though I feel disloyal, must admit that he is better than Jose. He and JV bring a sense of optimism I haven't had for a while. I even see AB and DD going at it harder...go Raps!!!

Comment

Like everyone says: "Things happen for a reason!" and us not getting Nash will help us more than it would have had we landed him. Thank you The Great One #99 for being there on pitch day! lol
          Go Raps!

Comment

Lowry's a better glue guy than Fields, and that's what we signed Landry for!
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I don't know, I usually think of glue guys as not being one of the natural leaders (usually top 2,3 players) of a team.

Other than that I agree with what he says about Lowry.

Comment

Lowry has brought an edge to the Raptors that has been missing since Oakley was in uniform. Love the intensity and effort he brings on both sides of the ball. Agree with you guys that it's contagious. Him and Jonas are too great guys to have on the floor as they work their asses off each and every possession. DD and Dre will have no choice but to follow suit!

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                  Fields is Wood Glue but he sure as hell is better then Turkeyglu LOL

Lowry is Crazy Glue

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                    Fields was signed to cock block NYK and show the L Toronto is no push over franchise, from the executives office on down. Everything else about him (glue guy, Melo is the Anti Christ etc) is only to console the fans/media that we have him and not Nash. If we'd gotten Nash LF would be a footnote and would not be garnering anywhere near the attention he currently is getting. LF could be a decent player for us but he's gotta hit that corner 3. Can't afford him and DD building brick shit houses from the arc.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X