Turk and Derozan out for Indiana Rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turk and Derozan out for Indiana Rematch

Just a quick update on Turk and Demar from the globe and mail.

The Toronto Raptors will attempt to extend their National Basketball Association winning streak to six games without the services of Hedo Turkoglu.

Raptors coach Jay Triano confirmed after today's practice that the veteran forward will travel with the team to Indianapolis for Tuesday night's rematch against the Indiana Pacers but won't play.

Turkoglu suffered a small fracture to the orbital bone beneath his right eye early in Sunday's 117-112 win over the Pacers at the ACC.

"He's getting it re-evaluated right now," Triano said. "He will travel with us but probably won't play."

Triano said he is not sure how long Turkoglu will be lost to the team.

When he does return he will likely be wearing a plastic face mask as protection.

Triano also said that rookie DeMar DeRozan has not yet fully recovered from a sprained right ankle and also will miss the game on Tuesday.
    Ball.

Source - Click Here

Thanks for the update.

I don't expect Hedo and Derozan to come back until after the All-Star break. Both of their injuries are severed in their own respect.
    RR OG

Comment

Ugh... Bad news but even so, I feel the Raptors are going to come into this game firing on all cylinders, looking for payback.

Comment

The Bench Has Gotten Thin

The injuries to Turk and DeRozan have hit the Raptors in their weakest positions, on the wing.

Here's hoping that the healthy guys plus Bargnani who is playing hurt can carry the extra minutes effectively.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

As long as Wright continues to step it up I have all the confidence in the world in him right now moving forward. He's been playing like the player I expected prior to this season starting. I'm very happy with Wright's performance right now. Same goes with Weems. I just think he's a little too jumpshot happy. Want to see him drive more.

Comment

With DeRozan & Hedo out we can really see what Wright, Weems & Beli have to offer...

Which in turn I hope makes us a deeper team & also makes for more barganing chips for BC if he makes a move before the deadline.
            Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

Marco has another opportunity to have a good game with more minutes available to him tomorrow night. It seems he's now our new Joey...

Comment

Does this affect DeRozan's participation in the dunk-in? You do need both ankles to get some lift...

Comment

Probably not but landing is a whole different story.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Probably not but landing is a whole different story.
                    Send Weems instead to the dunk contest and let DD rest.

Comment

This will make it interesting. It is certainly not a sure thing in Indy tomorrow without DD and Turk. But I am also concerned about the New Jersey game the next day. It could mean a lot of minutes two days in a row for a couple guys who aren't used to playing big minutes. Especially with Indy playing small, and our injuries on the wing. I think it is likely we will see a little more Jack/Calderon back court tomorrow.
                      I Am Shutup

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Send Weems instead to the dunk contest and let DD rest.
                        I think if DD can't make the dunk off Gordon will get a free ticket.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Mon Feb 1, 2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I think maybe Jay is letting Demar rest so he's able to participate in the Dunk-In. Jay has already suggested that Demar has healed very quickly and Demar has posted on his twitter that he's feeling great. I'm sure safety definitely plays a part but no way would the team let Demar miss the rookie game AND the dunk contest.

Comment

As much as i believe that having dd in the starting lineup is best for his development...Weems is a better shooter and in the last couple games has shown he can create... he would be more beneficial for the team especially come playoff time

Comment

Rocky416 wrote: View Post
                              As much as i believe that having dd in the starting lineup is best for his development...Weems is a better shooter and in the last couple games has shown he can create... he would be more beneficial for the team especially come playoff time
                              I agree that DD should come off the bench for now until his ankle heals, but he's been shooting the ball really well lately. His 10-15 foot jumper has been really solid as of late. His 3 still needs work, but I don't know if Weems is really a better shooter than DD. Both are average shooters for SG in the NBA. I think that they both give us hustle, athleticism and quickness, but Demar is a better offensive player. Just look at Weems' scoring. His best performance was last game at 13 points when he started. Demar is averaging 9+ ppg and has had a number of games of 18 points or better. I think the argument shouldn't be who is the better shooter, but who is the better defender. I think that is where Sonny outshines Demar right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X