Calderon Dilema could torpedo season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadallus wrote: View Post
    JL3 is not a better point guard than Calderon, lets squash that right away. He is a scorer, but with a second unit that lacks players who can create their own shot you need a distributor out there, unless you want JL3 to chuck up shots and play him with a bunch of garbage men to clean up his misses.
    I agree he is a scorer - but I think that is what you need when you have inept wing production on the second until.

HE will get his own shot and when the Defense keys on him it will open up things for the *gulp* dynamic wing production of Fields and Anderson.

the question is will the second unit run better with a pass-first guy (Calderon) or a guy with great scoring ability who requires attention from the defense...

I suppose my opinion (rightly or wrongly) is JL3
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I can't believe anyone could think JL3 is better at anything other than chucking than Jose. Doesn't even begin to compute. JL3 can't get anyone else the rock, got locked down by reggie Evans 23 feet from the hoop and was bricking everything last night. AND he's incapable of defending the point every bit as much as Jose.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
        Calderon looks bad right now because he's either:

a) playing with a second unit that has no scoring punch and lacks guys he can set up for jumpers (which is what Calderon does best)
        That's where Ross should honestly come in, JL3 gets more playing time, and if Kleiza was here. McGuire, and Anderson aren't shot creators, Ed and Amir aren't your traditional post players. IF anything, Derozan is a better post player than Davis and Johnson.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
          I can't believe anyone could think JL3 is better at anything other than chucking than Jose. Doesn't even begin to compute. JL3 can't get anyone else the rock, got locked down by reggie Evans 23 feet from the hoop and was bricking everything last night. AND he's incapable of defending the point every bit as much as Jose.
          6 minutes... He's obviously trying to change the tempo though, he was our best scorer off the bench, yet he didn't play minutes. You have to realize, he's trying to show something in little playing time. I really hope Coach Casey tries to split the minutes between JL3 and Jose. NOT Lowry and Jose. There's a huge drop-off from Lowry to Calderon last few games.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

He was our best scorer off the bench in PRESEASON. That doesn't make him a better player than Jose and you are ignoring the fact that at his size he can't guard anyone. When Reggie crowded him off the court and stripped him I was laughing. JL3 will have his moments but he is not a better guard than Jose.

As a PG yourself surely you can see he was forcing the issue and failing.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
              well said
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

calderon isn't a starter anymore, stop blaming him for this teams failures
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Working...
                X