Turrible Officiating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turrible Officiating

It's been two games and there has already been some talk in the forums about how the raptors have been shafted from the refs etc. etc.

I don't think the Raptors have been particularly singled out in any way, but I have definitely been cringing at the ABYSMAL refereeing so far. Bennett Salvatore is known for sucking (he's responsible for like half of the calls in this ref-sucking montage), but I feel like these past two games have been especially bad.

I swear it's worse than it's been in the past -- anyone else noticing this?

Watching the first Wade play in that montage...the first step is the collecting step. You actually only get what you could consider 1.5 steps on a layup - the step with which you collect and the second step. The foot that is down as you collect counts as 1, then you put the second step down for 2.

Just saying...

Comment

Ya I've noticed it as well. I can't remember who had it(once it was a legitimate travel on bargnani) but they had caught the ball and hadnt even moved yet before a travel had been called.
      Also it seemed no matter how much the raptors absorbed contact yesterday they couldn't get a call and that shows in the comparison of the 2 teams. Reffing has been a concern for years with not having a star player for referees to favour but its been especially bad in the first 2 games.

Comment

I thought the first game was pretty bad, didn't really notice any issues last night, just regular old bad officiating.

In general though, it is bad, and I think we all know at this point that it is in fact rigged to a degree. Perhaps the next comish will have some sort of purge and set the officiating on the right track, but I doubt it. In the end, they officiate in such a way as is good for the league as a whole, and us fans of bad teams keep supporting our bad teams - no doubt they gain a hell of a lot more $$ in extending series and catering to big money/market teams than they lose by annoying the odd Cleveland fan.

Comment

NBA refs miss the odd call, but the level of officiating has never been as consistent as it is now. The Raptors were badly outplayed down the stretch by Indiana. (I didn't see the Nets game) As Raptors fans we have a biased outlook, especially when the Raptors don't get a call in a close game.

Comment

I knew we would lose against the nets because of sandy. just look at the way the miami heat threw that game against the knicks. anybody watching the steelers/giants game btw? lol
            "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
              I knew we would lose against the nets because of sandy. just look at the way the miami heat threw that game against the knicks. anybody watching the steelers/giants game btw? lol
              You'd think it were replacement refs in that game lol.

Comment

We're experience NFL problems! Damn replacement refs! :-)
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Watching the Raps game tonight I couldn't help how pissed off I'd be if I were a T-Wolve fan.

Comment

Superchunk wrote: View Post
                    I thought the first game was pretty bad, didn't really notice any issues last night, just regular old bad officiating.

In general though, it is bad, and I think we all know at this point that it is in fact rigged to a degree. Perhaps the next comish will have some sort of purge and set the officiating on the right track, but I doubt it. In the end, they officiate in such a way as is good for the league as a whole, and us fans of bad teams keep supporting our bad teams - no doubt they gain a hell of a lot more $$ in extending series and catering to big money/market teams than they lose by annoying the odd Cleveland fan.
                    Well, that is a nice theory exept that Toronto is one of the bigger market teams as well as the most financially successfull teams. So not so much.

Comment

Watching the Raps game tonight I couldn't help how pissed off I'd be if I were a T-Wolve fan.
                      Thought the same thing! Mind you, a lot of those turnovers were just from Ridnour being Ridnour.

This kinda just furthers my point: I don't think there's a particular bias against Toronto, I just think the refs are doing a HORRIBLE job of late. All 3 of our games (and others I've watched) have been substantially affected one way or another by the refs. Two of ours we got the short end of the stick, one of them our opponent did. Ultimately, who is at the receiving end is less important than that there is a 'receiving end' at all.

Comment

is there an appeal system for GMs to officially complain about refs?
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                          Thought the same thing! Mind you, a lot of those turnovers were just from Ridnour being Ridnour.

This kinda just furthers my point: I don't think there's a particular bias against Toronto, I just think the refs are doing a HORRIBLE job of late. All 3 of our games (and others I've watched) have been substantially affected one way or another by the refs. Two of ours we got the short end of the stick, one of them our opponent did. Ultimately, who is at the receiving end is less important than that there is a 'receiving end' at all.
                          Well then we just have to make sure that we have a substantial lead in the 4th quarter to even out the bad calls from the refs which is totally easier said than done...

Comment

Went to the game last night... 3rd quarter was terrible... (0 fouls by Wolves, penalty by us)

A bunch of people in the top top top part of 300 (where I was) were pointing out (and shouting) that it was referee #26, can anyone find out who he is?

EDIT: Did a little research and found out that it was Pat Fraher, who is from Minnesota, and went to college in Minnesota as well... do they seriously let refs from one of the cities in question ref at their games?!
                            Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Mon Nov 5, 2012, 02:09 PM.
                            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I remember the 3rd.

The whistle was blown 5 times IN A ROW on us, not a single whistle on the wolves.. Some of the calls were so slight it hurt.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X