Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rudy Gay vs Josh Smith....whom would your want the Raps to target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    Does Derozan/Ross/Fields/Anderson combo platter, combined with Smith instead of Barg's not give us a truly defensive team and the best chance to win? If Smith was in at PF, then I'd slide Anderson in to the starting SF role (we would need more outside shooting with Bargs gone).

Lowry, Derozan, Anderson, Smith, Valanciunas - pretty formidable starting 5.

PS - Love your new signature block.
    +1

That lineup can contend against any team in the East (well maybe minus Anderson and sub in T. Ross keeping in mind that they'll need atleast a year to gel), in a seven game series with the exception of Miami and a healthy Chicago. You put Gay in at SF and keep Bargnani at PF and you become suceptible against every defensive minded team in the East (Indiana, Boston etc..), especially in the playoffs when the game slows down and teams start focusing on D.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I'm loving the AA love of late but, seriously, he is a really great role/depth player. Every dog has his day and AA is having his right now but I don't think that is consistent production moving forward.

Here is an idea: jose/ross/davis/2nd round picks for Gay. Then: Bargnani/2nd round pick for Smith.

Lowry
      DD
      Gay
      Smith
      JV

Oh. My. God.
      Very much agree that the AA love is higher than what his reasonable value is, my point was more to the fact that while Fields makes more sense to start on the current Raps squad (with Bargs out there for 3 pointers), if we moved Bargs for Smith we'd need a better 3 point shooter at the 3-spot. I don't think Ross is quite there yet but he'd certainly get consideration. I like him coming off the bench more this year anyway as opposed to being thrown to the wolves and havign to guard the Pierce's, Granger's, Deng's of the East.

If you could somehow pull off both trades, BC would deserve a massive extension and perhaps his own statue.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

with no bench. no thanks.

I'm loving the AA love of late but, seriously, he is a really great role/depth player. Every dog has his day and AA is having his right now but I don't think that is consistent production moving forward.

Here is an idea: jose/ross/davis/2nd round picks for Gay. Then: Bargnani/2nd round pick for Smith.

Lowry
        DD
        Gay
        Smith
        JV

Oh. My. God.
        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

hughe fan of both but I want the guy we should have drafted #1 over bargs. also, smith does take a lot of questionable shots at times
          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Lowry
            DD
            Gay
            Smith
            JV

Oh. My. God.
            oh. my. god.

I want the drugs you are smoking.

my sarcasm detector is a little off these days, you're joking right?

Comment

Watching this team, i think what they need is an old school low post big man. A guy that would put up points, rebound the ball and be a defensive presence inside.

Al Jefferson in my opinion is the type of player this team needs.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

By the way, i did a little research and found out that Jefferson is a UFA after this season. He should be Raps #1 target in my opinion.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Watching this team, i think what they need is an old school low post big man. A guy that would put up points, rebound the ball and be a defensive presence inside.

Al Jefferson in my opinion is the type of player this team needs.
                  Might want to keep your eye on this young kid, Valenchewanus, that the Raptors have picked up. :-)

Comment

Lowry
                    DD
                    Gay
                    Smith
                    JV

Oh. My. God.
                    I think I just sh!t myself....

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      +1

That lineup can contend against any team in the East (well maybe minus Anderson and sub in T. Ross keeping in mind that they'll need atleast a year to gel), in a seven game series with the exception of Miami and a healthy Chicago. You put Gay in at SF and keep Bargnani at PF and you become suceptible against every defensive minded team in the East (Indiana, Boston etc..), especially in the playoffs when the game slows down and teams start focusing on D.
                      I have to ask you how a team with only one guy that can hit a 3 could possibly win a playoff series. All you'd have to do to stop the Raps with Smith instead of Bargs would be to pack the paint and watch those long 2s clang off the rim all day. I'm assuming Fields continues to play the 3 in that scenario - we have no idea when Ross will be ready to play the wing.

To win in the playoffs you need both good O AND good D. I have more faith in Casey's ability to get guys like DD and Gay to defend than I do in his ability to design an offense that could compensate for a lack of scorers.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                        with no bench. no thanks.
                        Amir, Lucas, Anderson and Gray would be more than capable of relieving the starters. With a starting unit like that, a deep bench is much less of a concern. The starters would be playing 35+ minutes per night.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                          I have more faith in Casey's ability to get guys like DD and Gay to defend than I do in his ability to design an offense that could compensate for a lack of scorers.
                          A big +1

Comment

This thread is so Gay.

your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              By the way, i did a little research and found out that Jefferson is a UFA after this season. He should be Raps #1 target in my opinion.
                              As the roster is currently looking for next year, the most the Raps can offer is $5M per year for 3 years. I have a feeling he is going to demand a little bit more.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                                I have to ask you how a team with only one guy that can hit a 3 could possibly win a playoff series. All you'd have to do to stop the Raps with Smith instead of Bargs would be to pack the paint and watch those long 2s clang off the rim all day. I'm assuming Fields continues to play the 3 in that scenario - we have no idea when Ross will be ready to play the wing.

To win in the playoffs you need both good O AND good D. I have more faith in Casey's ability to get guys like DD and Gay to defend than I do in his ability to design an offense that could compensate for a lack of scorers.
                                Calderon, JL3, T. Ross. We aren't subject to playing the starting 5 at all times are we?

Comment

Working...
                                X