OKC versus Toronto - Tuesday, November 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    The rules are clearer now than 15 years ago. I wasn't referring to hand checking at all. It's the shooter initiated contact on drives to the basket in which the call almost always went to the shooter in the past but now the defender is allowed some verticallity. It's still a judgement call but there is a lot of contact these days that are non calls and that's the way it should be as long as it is consistent that way.
    I wish it was

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      The rules are clearer now than 15 years ago. I wasn't referring to hand checking at all. It's the shooter initiated contact on drives to the basket in which the call almost always went to the shooter in the past but now the defender is allowed some verticallity. It's still a judgement call but there is a lot of contact these days that are non calls and that's the way it should be as long as it is consistent that way.
      I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on what constitutes physicality.

I do not think the game is anywhere near as physical in any manner as it was 15 plus years ago. I've been watching the league for nearly 25 years and that is just my opinion.

Comment

The rules are also completely different from 15 years ago.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The most physical basketball game I ever played was on a beachside court in Acapulco in the 1970s. Everytime I went for a layup I was bench pressing two Mexicans. They weren't picking on the tall gringo per se. That was their game.

Comment

this game could either be very entertaining

or extremely painful to watch

Comment

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ll-access.nba/

Getting more recognition from around the NBA

Comment

If we lose, it will be under 10 points. If we win, it will be under 5 points. Just my thoughts on the margin.

Intriguing match-ups:

Westbrook vs. Lowry - Two aggressive looking point guards, but Lowry with the edge defensively. If Lowry can somehow make Westbrook shoot a bunch of contested jumpers, he will be a non-factor. I would also like to see Lowry attack Westbrook constantly.

Derozan vs. Sefolosha/Martin - Derozan is gonna have a hard time tonight. It will be a good challenge to see where he can try to get his own against guys his size, and a top defender in the league in Sefolosha.

Valanciunas vs. Perkins - Perkins is a big guy, who will do all of the dirty work. Valanciunas may have some troubles offensively against him (unless is getting out on the break), but defensively should really have the edge in terms of his lateral quicks and length.

Bench will be crucial tonight. Calderon, Amir, and Anderson are going to be relied on a lot here tonight. Would also love to see the energy Ed Davis has been showing since the home opener.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

KYLE LOWRY vs WESTBROOK!!!!

FUCK YEA, I'M SO PUMPED!
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

If VAL-ANCE-CEE-YUN-US can get it going we got this.

Comment

Durant and Ibaka are monsters and cannot be stopped.

Raps must focus on perkins and sefo

Comment

Bargnani is embarrassing to watch.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          he is not alone there. Fields with some embarrassing plays on both ends

Get in alan anderson nowwwwww

Comment

Goodness... Bargnani... Amir come into the game please.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              he's embarassing us in front of all of america, fuck this guy.

Comment

Hey what's going on with the Game chat? It's not working for me. It's says it's not active.

Comment

Working...
                                X