Give the ball to DeMar!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Easy. Lowry initiate the offense, put the ball in Demar's hands low post. Fields cut weak side or middle, Bargnani fill for safety/shot on the outside, JV stay opposite high post.
    Man your good. That's exactly how i would draw it.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Man your good. That's exactly how i would draw it.
      Don't know if that's sarcasm or not, but just a thought.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Demar has to be the WORST SG finishing around the basket I have seen in years. He has no idea how to pass the ball out of double coverage, he cannot dribble, he basically closes his eyes and prays once he hits the paint. Oh yeah, and he can barely shoot.

At least Bargnani was "cold" the first few games, Demar just sucks.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Demar has to be the WORST SG finishing around the basket I have seen in years. He has no idea how to pass the ball out of double coverage, he cannot dribble, he basically closes his eyes and prays once he hits the paint. Oh yeah, and he can barely shoot.

At least Bargnani was "cold" the first few games, Demar just sucks.
          Wow.

Comment

I told you all. GIVE THE BALL TO DeMAR. I don't want to sound like a broken record here but his game has improved so much this year. Shooting is much improved, passing, rebounding, creating shots, shot making, and the most noticeable one is his ball handling.
            Last edited by The Great One; Tue Nov 13, 2012, 02:54 AM.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              I told you all. GIVE THE BALL TO DeMAR. I don't want to sound like a broken record here but his game has improved so much this year. Shooting is much improved, passing, rebounding, creating shots, shot making, and the most noticeable one is his ball handling.
              I agree that DeRozan has improved this year, but he's still got a long way to go to earn his contract. The 37 points he scored last night look good, but he was hugely inefficient. He shot 17/33, meaning he missed more shots than any other player even attempted. He was 1/6 from 3pt land, had 5 turnovers and that clear-path foul was a backbreaker.

I am hopeful, but he has a long way to go still.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I agree that DeRozan has improved this year, but he's still got a long way to go to earn his contract. The 37 points he scored last night look good, but he was hugely inefficient. He shot 17/33, meaning he missed more shots than any other player even attempted. He was 1/6 from 3pt land, had 5 turnovers and that clear-path foul was a backbreaker.

I'm not really sure if you watch the game or not. DeRozan was incredible last night. He was special specially on the post. Definitely his best game as a Raptor.

Btw, like i said on the other thread, the clear path foul that you were talkin about was on Kleiza not DeMar.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Who cares about the scoring?!!??!?!

Rebounds in the past 5 games:

Assists in past 3 games:

yes there was that 0 assist game, but look at his new attitude!!
                  He is legit trying to get 5 rebounds 5 assists with his 20 points.
                  Even his steals have increased an average of 30% from last year!

He even passes the eye test. He is aggressive but more patient (The subtle rounding off of a pro skill) when driving. He is looking for the pass out of the double team, and has shown good awareness this season of the outside shooter (though no one can get those in), and he has his hands up in the passing lanes on defense.

I cant ask for a more improved demar this season. I cant wait for him, 3 years from now...
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I replied to your critique of his game in the other thread... You realize how efficient he was through 4 quarters? you seem to selectively ignore his 2 steals 6 assists and 8 rebounds to go along with his 37 points on 49% shooting. He didnt commit that clear-path, AND the only real critique is how he showed up from minute 50 to minute 60, which is not even very applicable since jumpshots turn to shit when youve been playing for MORE than an entire game.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I like that Demar is improving his scoring in ways other than just a 3 point shot. His post game has looked really nice, and his decision making is better. I tend to think of Demar in the the same way as Rip Hamilton; a shooting guard who has leant to score inside rather than behind the 3 point line. Of course, they have two different plays styles (off ball cutting and mid range game vs. post moves and finishing inside/on the break), but generally you get the idea.
                      enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Who cares about the scoring?!!??!?!

Rebounds in the past 5 games:

Assists in past 3 games:

yes there was that 0 assist game, but look at his new attitude!!
                      He is legit trying to get 5 rebounds 5 assists with his 20 points.
                      Even his steals have increased an average of 30% from last year!
                      This is a good point, he's looking for things he can do other than scoring.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                        I like that Demar is improving his scoring in ways other than just a 3 point shot. His post game has looked really nice, and his decision making is better. I tend to think of Demar in the the same way as Rip Hamilton; a shooting guard who has leant to score inside rather than behind the 3 point line. Of course, they have two different plays styles (off ball cutting and mid range game vs. post moves and finishing inside/on the break), but generally you get the idea.

This is a good point, he's looking for things he can do other than scoring.
                        He looks like a poor-mans Dwayne Wade. Without the calls, or the great speed. :-)

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          He looks like a poor-mans Dwayne Wade. Without the calls, or the great speed. :-)
                          Okay, that's a much better way of putting it.
                          Next step: Teach Demar to flop, bring his friends to Toronto.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                            Okay, that's a much better way of putting it.
                            Next step: Teach Demar to flop, bring his friends to Toronto.
                            "Ey yo! BJ, J Hard, OJ, Paul, J. Wall! Get over to Toronto dawg!" "Alright nigga! We be there after free agency. Not playing dawg, we gon' take less money too!"

Oh... Yeah!

"5000$ assessed to Demar Derozan after a flopping examination Tuesday vs. Pacers."

Comment

Working...
                            X