Fields...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bryan got screwed by the D'Antoni effect.. Fields' best season was under D'Antoni. D'Antoni just knows how to create space for guys and to get the pressure off of them. Fields' was horrible under Woodson, and even worse with Casey.

If we still had Triano, I have a feeling that Fields' would have been much, much better. I see Bryan doing a magic act here, similar to what he did with Turk a couple of years back. The Suns were interested in him when they were considering trading Nash to NY in the summer.. I'd trade him for anyone on the Suns' roster - even Beasley at this point.
    I don't think the salary works, but the guy I'd want is Jared Dudley. Decent defender, decent shooter, good hustle and glue guy. Everything Fields was supposed to be at about $3.5-$4 mill per. (Which is what Fields should have gotten)
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post
      He came from a team that had players demanding double teams. He was able to get open and make the cuts that scored him most of his points. He cant do that here because his man doesn't need to leave him. Nobody on the Raps demands a double team. Our ball movement is shit and the paint is clogged. Yes, he has his own problems...but its not him, its us.
      I completely agree with this. Not only does it mean he can't get his own offense going, it means he can't contribute in the ways he normally would by swinging the ball and making the Garbo plays. He's a system player and right now there's no system to play in, just a bunch of guys jacking up shots as soon as they touch the ball. Last night's me-first display by most of the team (and especially Bargs) was disgusting.

Comment

Jared Dudley is playing shitty too this season, but Fields has to improve a lot to catch up to Dudleys shitty play

Comment

I just chalk it up to separation anxiety from his girlfriend Elaine.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
            Jared Dudley is playing shitty too this season, but Fields has to improve a lot to catch up to Dudleys shitty play
            Dudley also has been thrown in at SG which he isn't fast enough for. He isn't a supreme wing defender, but he can play decent D against most other SFs, which is still a big upgrade for half the price.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
              I completely agree with this. Not only does it mean he can't get his own offense going, it means he can't contribute in the ways he normally would by swinging the ball and making the Garbo plays. He's a system player and right now there's no system to play in, just a bunch of guys jacking up shots as soon as they touch the ball. Last night's me-first display by most of the team (and especially Bargs) was disgusting.
              I feel like this offense has been going on all season so far. It mainly consists of isolation/post ups by demar, bargniani, and basically every other player as well. Rarely any ball movement, and not very good off ball screens. Casey has gotta take care of this

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                I don't think the salary works, but the guy I'd want is Jared Dudley. Decent defender, decent shooter, good hustle and glue guy. Everything Fields was supposed to be at about $3.5-$4 mill per. (Which is what Fields should have gotten)
                I personally don't think that this is about Fields or inserting another player into his position...I really think that this is a chemistry thing. We are nothing like the team we were last year out of the gate, because I don't think everyone has settled into their role yet.

AB thinks he is supposed to be the top scorer, clearly, Demar also thinks he should be the top scorer. The two of them have zero chemistry (probably because they both dribble with their heads down) and define themselves by their offense. They remind me of when Carmelo and Iverson were both on Denver. One play would be run for one, they one for the other...

You throw an Alpha like Lowry into this, and I can see how Fields just does not see how he fits in. We do not play a team game offensively on every possession, so when he tries to contribute offensively it looks stupid and out of place.

At the same time, he's expected to come in and guard the other team's best player (who gets a nice rest on the defensive side of the ball).

Either AB or DD has to be put on the bench to go against the opposing team's second unit. Have the offense run through Lowry, JV and one of those guys. Get some ball movement going, and you'll see that Fields will be fine.

Comment

I give it five more games until I form an opinion of the man and his contract. Slumps happen, learning to deal with pressure happens...this is starting to get a bit ridiculous though. I'm not even expecting much from the guy.

Good D, 8 - 10ppg 4 - 6 boards - 3 - 5 assists. He is the 5th option in the starting line after all

All of that done efficiently I might add
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                    +1 ......I actually find it embarrassing...last night in the first quarter he caught the ball...ran a few steps (clearly traveled), squared up and hit a jumper from inside the top of the key...then Devlin goes, "ANDREA cans a jumper"...uch

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                      Either AB or DD has to be put on the bench to go against the opposing team's second unit. Have the offense run through Lowry, JV and one of those guys. Get some ball movement going, and you'll see that Fields will be fine.
                      +1

Comment

BC's not letting either of them come off the bench. If they're on the bench it means that every single NBA journalist was right and that these guys are overpaid bench guys. We can't be having that.

Let them start, give them all the shots, they'll put up at least 15 a night and BC can justify his signings, don't worry about winning the game, that's not what we're here for.

Comment

I personally don't think that this is about Fields or inserting another player into his position...I really think that this is a chemistry thing. We are nothing like the team we were last year out of the gate, because I don't think everyone has settled into their role yet.

AB thinks he is supposed to be the top scorer, clearly, Demar also thinks he should be the top scorer. The two of them have zero chemistry (probably because they both dribble with their heads down) and define themselves by their offense. They remind me of when Carmelo and Iverson were both on Denver. One play would be run for one, they one for the other...

You throw an Alpha like Lowry into this, and I can see how Fields just does not see how he fits in. We do not play a team game offensively on every possession, so when he tries to contribute offensively it looks stupid and out of place.

At the same time, he's expected to come in and guard the other team's best player (who gets a nice rest on the defensive side of the ball).

I don't think that argument works as well with supposed "glue guys". Fields was supposed to be the active cutter on the offence who could hit the occassional corner trey. The arguement might hold a bit if his scoring was low but he was hitting his limited shots, but right now the dude flat out can't shoot. I saw him shoot free throws in Halifax like he was Javale McGee or something (barely touched rim, mostly back-board and 1 air-ball) and I haven't seen him do anything to change that perception.

The fact is, Fields should have known his role coming in was to be the 4th option on offence (behind Bargs, DD and Lowry- in no order) and ahead of JV barely, but what was largely expected out of him was active defence and occassional shooting. Missing lay-ups is just the hilight that people see, but right now the dude flat out can't shoot the ball.

Comment

Where did the "glue guy" talk really come from? That's what I'm wondering. Is it media fabricated?
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Bryan got screwed by the D'Antoni effect.. Fields' best season was under D'Antoni. D'Antoni just knows how to create space for guys and to get the pressure off of them. Fields' was horrible under Woodson, and even worse with Casey.

If we still had Triano, I have a feeling that Fields' would have been much, much better. I see Bryan doing a magic act here, similar to what he did with Turk a couple of years back. The Suns were interested in him when they were considering trading Nash to NY in the summer.. I'd trade him for anyone on the Suns' roster - even Beasley at this point.
                              A half-baked Beasley would be a MASSIVE upgrade over Fields.

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                                At first i was kinda excited about him coming over even though it was well documented we overpaid, and it was just to block a nash trade, i still thought he could bring something to the table.. BUT... i never thought this could happen, but fields has me wishing kleiza was starting.. T-ross or anderson needs to get the nod ASAP because this guy is playing like crap and dont really bring anything to the starting unit that anderson cant.. kleiza brings the offense at least and i just wanna see ross play through his mistakes to really take in his game. i know its only been 5 games but this is ridiculous and i cant help but feel like if we had a LITTLE scoring from the SF we could have won the close games we've had so far

thoughts?
                                Nice post well put.

Huge dilema for BC and DC because they are so invested in him and yet he is hurting the team BIG. Once they yank him from the starting lineup he is unlikely to go back AND then the barrage of criticism directed at BC won't just be disgruntled fans it will be ESPN types like Steven A (hole) Smith.

The really tragic thing is Landry is such a likeable guy and there seems like less and less hope that he will ever reach the heights of that rookie season... which is bizarre.
                                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                                X