No announcement yet.

Fields...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come back zinc (aka James Johnson). Come back!

Comment

Am I the only one not overly upset about this? He's an active defender and he hustles. I think a lot of the issue is how he's used. On offense he should not be spotting up, not until he proves he can make a shot, he should crash the glass hard on every play instead. We know he's a decent rebounder so until his shot starts falling there is no reason we should not have him crashing every play and making chaos. Maybe this would help him get over his shooting slump by letting get involved in the game more.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        I give it five more games until I form an opinion of the man and his contract. Slumps happen, learning to deal with pressure happens...this is starting to get a bit ridiculous though. I'm not even expecting much from the guy.

Good D, 8 - 10ppg 4 - 6 boards - 3 - 5 assists. He is the 5th option in the starting line after all

All of that done efficiently I might add
        Ya .. but his performance is WAY off your expectations. Slumps happen, but this guy hasnt shown the ability to hit a layup, let alone a jumper.
        2.4ppg, 20% shooting, 3 rpg, 1.5 apg ..

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          Am I the only one not overly upset about this? He's an active defender and he hustles. I think a lot of the issue is how he's used. On offense he should not be spotting up, not until he proves he can make a shot, he should crash the glass hard on every play instead. We know he's a decent rebounder so until his shot starts falling there is no reason we should not have him crashing every play and making chaos. Maybe this would help him get over his shooting slump by letting get involved in the game more.
          id have to agree except i am upset...with Demar's lack of range we need a SF who can at least hit the corner 3ball..& play steller D... right now we got an 8.5mill D-League bench warmer. id take Metta World Peace over this scrub LOL

Comment

I need to see him score a jump shot. He hasnt hit ONE all season.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

It's getting pretty bad at this point. Kleiza is actually easily our best wing and if you were going on merit alone he would probably end up starting and playing 30 minutes. That's not good...

Comment

It is really going to be a tough test mentally for Fields. He's a guy who has lived a charmed life so-far...
                Now he's going to feel the full wrath of Raptors fans who, thanks to BC, have a special hatred for players with bad contracts.

Hey Landry... can you deal with a nation's scorn for three years???

Comment

The sad reality is, if/when a change happens, it will only take so long before we turn on the next guy. Kleiza has had ample opportunity in Toronto to be the starter over the years, and simply doesn't deliver. Anderson seems like a real nice guy, but was a D-League scrub signing who worked hard to get a roster spot. Ross is a rookie and shouldn't be slated to start just because he was a lottery pick.

All of our SF options are flawed and all will struggle. so best case scenario for this year is to platoon the role based on match-up and hope that Ross can develop enough to seize the role.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Maybe Fields was given instructions to allow the tank to be blamed on him, let derozan bargs and lowry get their numbers, tank the season, blame it on fields. Fields gets paid, we get a high draft pick, fans arent so quick to want to dismantle the core.

its brilliant.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Maybe Fields was given instructions to allow the tank to be blamed on him, let derozan bargs and lowry get their numbers, tank the season, blame it on fields. Fields gets paid, we get a high draft pick, fans arent so quick to want to dismantle the core.

its brilliant.
                      except one thing....unless were drafting in the top 3 our lotto pick belongs to OKC

Comment

I don't know about not starting T. Ross or at the least playing him more coming off the bench. He's barely getting any playing time right now. But then again I don't know what managements objective is this season. I have a hard time beleiving that winning is their number one agenda if they are starting a rookie centre next to a defensively inept PF, as has been illustrated so far with opposing teams doing the majority of their damage in the mid to low post (both offensively and defensively). They can't seriously be thinking JV is going to be able to anchor the defense this season.

Comment

While fields has sucked he hasn't been the reason we're losing. Id say Bargs should be getting the brunt of everyones frustrations, its like he got gaslighted into forgetting to play like he did last year. Just abysmal.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            While fields has sucked he hasn't been the reason we're losing. Id say Bargs should be getting the brunt of everyones frustrations, its like he got gaslighted into forgetting to play like he did last year. Just abysmal.
                            We have no more words for Bargnani

We're like a housewife in year 15 of a bad marriage. You still see all the same problems with him, but now you just look the other way and go back to drinking your wine.

Comment

Bargnani was given the "Raptors Player of the Game" award on last night's TSN telecast. I thought Amir deserved it by a long shot.

I am thinking that Fields will eventually return to his previous form.

Comment

Bargs got his points but he still stank. Amir and Demar were the best players on the floor by a longshot and the only ones that seemed to care in the second and third quarter.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X