Time to hit the 'Panic' button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makokid wrote: View Post
    Amir is not big enough to be a C and not talented enough to be a PF so i would say he is a bench player for limited minutes in an average team... Ed Davis is very similar to Amir but with a little bit higher basketball IQ and a little bit less muscles... so the point is: this team is a sub par nba team and make below average players starters or rotation players to fill the roster passing them off like a talented group of young players in order to sell tickets... in the game with OKC they won the game playing seriously only one quarter and a half and with Dallas they have lost playing against second units...
    update: 32-7 in a quarter against Philly at home.... really? (is 7 points in a quarter an nba record?)
    0 starters in the lineup with a deep bench player as a starter(Anderson... better than Fields anyway,out with a very "suspicious" injury...)...
    is going to be a loooong season guys...

Comment

Is it panic time now? At 1-6 so far, winning 7 of the next 13 games brings us to just 8-12 on the season (after 20 games played).

What are the odds of winning those 7 games? Slim to none. 5-15 seems more like it, especially with so many games on the road.

And what are the odds of this fragile/inexperienced team clawing back into the playoff picture from 10 games under .500? ZERO!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Is it panic time now? At 1-6 so far, winning 7 of the next 13 games brings us to just 8-12 on the season (after 20 games played).
        I think the even bigger immediate issue is that the Raps are 1-6 without compensation (a useful chess term). Lowry is hurt, Fields is hurt (and was beyond useless when healthy), Ross can't get on the floor, Valanciunas can't stay on the floor. Derozan has shown some signs but the rest is same old, same old....

And, now, they face a brutal schedule including the always Raptor-killing early season west coast swing. I'm not sure if he's panicking yet but Colangelo's collar must be a little warm these days.

Comment

I really like Casey, but he needs to start ripping guys in the middle of games when they blow a defensive assignment, a la Greg Poppovich. He's way too casual when players don't do what they are supposed to.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I really like Casey, but he needs to start ripping guys in the middle of games when they blow a defensive assignment, a la Greg Poppovich. He's way too casual when players don't do what they are supposed to.
            He's too casual with the refs too. "Oh c'mon, that was a foul. Please? I'll be your friend...".

Comment

Working...
            X