Most unlikely ending ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most unlikely ending ever?

Gather 'round the fire kids and think of Raptors lore. Has there ever been a more improbable Raptors loss than last night? They have blown huge leads (Dallas comes to mind...and Dallas) but every team has done that. VC had some soul sucking last minute shots against us but he's done that before. Rasul's five second call? Well, that was an odd one. But last night, certain victory was wrestled away by a three point shot from someone who is not just 1 for this year. He has hit one other 3 point shot in his entire nine year career! And on top of that...the ball rolled and rolled around that rim and even popped out. There was a probably 270 degrees of room for it to bounce out to the floor but it happens to bounce out right at the back board and drop back in. This one was unique. Al Jefferson with a 3 to tie the game. This has never happened before. Unless his one other successful three point shot was at the end of a game. Which it probably was. Probably against us.

I was screaming "FOUL THE GUY" after the missed 3 rebound. Why coach didn't tell his team to foul on a miss I have no idea. There should not have been OT at all.

Comment

At the end of the day, it was still a wide open look. He had enough time to settle his feet like a free throw.

Poor defensive execution down the stretch. This possession was simply one of many.

Comment

They're pros. Anyone can hit an open shot if you give it to them.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
          They're pros. Anyone can hit an open shot if you give it to them.
          Except Fields.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Except Fields.
            Nice...

Comment

Ahahah - laughed out pieces of my lunch to the the computer at work.

Comment

So how do the Raps follow up the most improbable loss ever? With this of course. The most improbable win ever. I love sports.

"Sounds about right. RT @davidamber: #Raptors 5 pts in 4th qtr are fewest pts for a winning team in shot clock era"

Comment

Working...
                X