Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

playoffs..should we just forget about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think DC is still figuring out combinations, maybe after 20 games he'll start tightening the rotation. then we'll all be happy.

Bargnani and Calderon need to go. Bargnani because he just cant get rid of old habits, and Calderon because he's an expiring and can potentially resign with the team at a lower price. Demar has shown that he can and is willing to improve, and the he can still play his game beside a guy as good as lowry, so im all for keeping him. I dont see Bargnani getting traded mid-season though, so we may have to wait till the summer.

Playoffs? 50-50. But i'm leaning on NO. NY, Nets, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta are definitely in. Philly gets Bynum back, theyre in. Washington gets Wall and Nene back, theyre in.

If they beat Miami with a Derozon buzzer beater, id take that over the playoffs.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Are ppl looking for 5 grinders on the team or 5 quality starters? Amir is a first big off the bench at best on most if not all teams in the league let alone starter. Raps are fine at the 1, 2, 4 & long term the 5. Only way I see value in Dre off the bench is if we had a star 3 and there wasn't enough shots going around with Lowry, Demar and star SF in the starting unit. He would bring balance to the second unit and some scoring punch off the bench. Last time I checked Fields, Anderson, Kleiza or McGuire are not talented enough too demand shots over Lowry, Demar and Dre so there isn't a problem. Infact if Dre was swapped for Amir or Ed we would have a tough time getting buckets as the floor wouldn't be spread out and teams would pack it in on us leaving Demar & Fields taking shots from deep....... Sounds like a real formula for success...

Would love to see Dre come off the bench as we would be a sure bet playoff team and quite possible a contender. Problem is the talent isn't there to warrent such a move.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
        Are ppl looking for 5 grinders on the team or 5 quality starters? Amir is a first big off the bench at best on most if not all teams in the league let alone starter. Raps are fine at the 1, 2, 4 & long term the 5. Only way I see value in Dre off the bench is if we had a star 3 and there wasn't enough shots going around with Lowry, Demar and star SF in the starting unit. He would bring balance to the second unit and some scoring punch off the bench. Last time I checked Fields, Anderson, Kleiza or McGuire are not talented enough too demand shots over Lowry, Demar and Dre so there isn't a problem. Infact if Dre was swapped for Amir or Ed we would have a tough time getting buckets as the floor wouldn't be spread out and teams would pack it in on us leaving Demar & Fields taking shots from deep....... Sounds like a real formula for success...

Would love to see Dre come off the bench as we would be a sure bet playoff team and quite possible a contender. Problem is the talent isn't there to warrent such a move.
        We've had single digit quarters twice in the last 3 games. What offense are we so scared to lose?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          We've had single digit quarters twice in the last 3 games. What offense are we so scared to lose?
          Second quarter vs 76ers and 4th vs Pacers correct?

Comment

Thats why we need to rid bargnani for a starting quality 3.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
              Second quarter vs 76ers and 4th vs Pacers correct?
              If memory serves correctly, yes.

Comment

Skaloon wrote: View Post
                do people watch b-ball just for the win? entertainment value is enough at least to me, unless you find raps non-entertaining.
                we have been watching all these years with no wins... but we want to see progress... are they building something here?
                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

its my 600th post I can't resist posting this every chance I get - lol
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Raps are 2-6, IF:

Raps don't meltdown vs Indiana opening night,
                    Raps don't meltdown vs Brooklyn in their first ever game in BKN,
                    Jefferson doesn't hit just the 2nd 3pter of his career,

Raps are easily 5-3.

A very simple way to look at things, and easily discounted because, afterall, a loss is a loss, however, things aren't as bad as they might appear looking strictly at the record.

Unfortunately they are 2-6 and they need to win a few games in a tough schedule.... today would be a great start vs. Boston.

Comment

Working...
                    X