Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

playoffs..should we just forget about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playoffs..should we just forget about it.

On the cusp of our eight game, going in at 1-6, are playoffs out of the picture? Last years 8th seed was 35-31, four games above 500. And of course the east is much much better. Sticking with this, is we want to finish 43-39, we must go 42-33.

I dont think this is happening.

if so, whats there to look forward to, and why should we continue to watch this team? what needs to be done?

Also Jays Fans, alex anthopoulos is working on a deal to bring jose reyes, mark buehrle and josh johnson to toronto for escobar and other smaller pieces. suck on that BC.

I hope we can ship Andrea off to miami too.
    Last edited by wtfraps; Tue Nov 13, 2012, 07:42 PM.

do people watch b-ball just for the win? entertainment value is enough at least to me, unless you find raps non-entertaining.

Comment

the trade is done.

Comment

Skaloon wrote: View Post
        do people watch b-ball just for the win? entertainment value is enough at least to me, unless you find raps non-entertaining.
        only competitive games are entertaining and of course you want you team to win. this isnt a TV show.

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post
          only competitive games are entertaining and of course you want you team to win. this isnt a TV show.
          i can hardly understand this "fan" mentality. i rather watch a great game than a win by my hometown team. at the end of the day b-ball is just entertainment. but then again - i'm not a normal human being with emotions and shit. so i'm out...

Comment

2-6 baby!!

Raptors are going to TEAR it after the All-star break. Book it! We will find ourselves at .500 by the end of the season
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

2006-2007 started 2-8? No?

I don't think the playoffs are out of the picture. Every team goes through ups and downs over 6-7 games stretches. Hopefully the Raps won't have another stretch. If they do, then this is a legit question. Oh, and Raps actually coulda/shoulda/woulda won a few of the losses.

3 things have to happen:
              1) Casey realize grind it out is the way to play
              2) Lowry becomes the guy to create for himself or others when the Raps can't get a bucket.
              3) Trade Bargnani and hope something of value is returned.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                2006-2007 started 2-8? No?

I don't think the playoffs are out of the picture. Every team goes through ups and downs over 6-7 games stretches. Hopefully the Raps won't have another stretch. If they do, then this is a legit question. Oh, and Raps actually coulda/shoulda/woulda won a few of the losses.

3 things have to happen:
                1) Casey realize grind it out is the way to play
                2) Lowry becomes the guy to create for himself or others when the Raps can't get a bucket.
                3) Trade Bargnani and hope something of value is returned.
                You won't get more back for Bargnani than what he's capable of giving you. I think Toronto needs to consider playing him as a 6th man, though.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                  You won't get more back for Bargnani than what he's capable of giving you. I think Toronto needs to consider playing him as a 6th man, though.
                  Many factors go in to a trade.

Different teams have different needs.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Comment

Bargnani plus Terrence Ross could get us a nice return. Or Bargs/Kleiza/Lucas to a veteran team in desperate need of a backup PG.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      I don't wanna be rude but people need to shut up about playing bargnani as a sixth man. It's not going to work cause it takes him forever to just warm up. I just want BC to get rid of this guy once and for all. I feel sorry for guys like Amir and big v having to clean up after him and make up for his 50% effort

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Many factors go in to a trade.

Different teams have different needs.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
                        ofcourse that also means one man's treasure is another man's trash. Lets hope the buyer values the product more than the seller.

To the thread : 1-6 (now 2-6) is hardly enough to worry about playoffs. Those are a long long ways away

Comment

We'd be better off starting Amir and big v

Comment

It is my opinion is that no one should have been thinking playoffs this year.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

too early to start thinking the playoffs are out of reach, all it takes is a good run to get back into the thick of it.

that said its a pretty deep hole we've dug already.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X