Sam Mitchell was right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    It's important to remember that too much perfume is just as bad as no perfume, you don't want to overpower the senses. Think of perfume as salt on a meal, too little is bland and too much is off-putting, but just the right amount and you'll have them salivating
    "cocaine is a helluva drug".. Rick James
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
      Im fine with this, he should, as a coach, get in his player's faces and tell them to smarten up. But you dont bench them. Specially not a #1 pick.
      ok I see your argument because he is an asset, but if he is not listening and hurting the team... what was smitch to do?

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
        I completely agree the roster had a more significant impact on the team than coaching.... but no one is calling him Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan either. Like I said he was perfectly capable. And just like the teams rise to one of its best seasons in history wasn't due to Sam, its fall from grace wasn't due to Sam either. Rather the teams problems were its weakening roster (injuries, trades, replacing FAs). Sam just became the scape goat. He was doing exactly what he had been doing - trying to scratch out wins on a mediocre team that was playing in an increasing improving conference
        Perhaps I'm coming across to negativity towards Sam but far too often he is glorified when it's not warranted. I liked his personality and believe he's a guy who would make a good assistant but a head coaching position on a team with aspirations of regular trips to the playoffs and then to win while there is beyond him.

Unfortunately because the franchise has done so poorly we tend to overvalue mediocre achievements I believe. There was some success when Mitchell was at the helm but I think he gets far to much credit for it. Maybe I'm wrong just my take.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
          ok I see your argument because he is an asset, but if he is not listening and hurting the team... what was smitch to do?
          I guess we all dont know the full story so we can only speculate. But do you really think, knowing Bargnani's demeanor now, and looking back when he was a rookie, no NBA experience, no American College experience, that he would pout and think so highly of himself not to follow an NBA coach? I doubt it. Bargnani had mistakes, im pretty sure, but i dont think he became that big of a headache for Mitchell enough to bench him.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
            Perhaps I'm coming across to negativity towards Sam but far too often he is glorified when it's not warranted. I liked his personality and believe he's a guy who would make a good assistant but a head coaching position on a team with aspirations of regular trips to the playoffs and then to win while there is beyond him.

Unfortunately because the franchise has done so poorly we tend to overvalue mediocre achievements I believe. There was some success when Mitchell was at the helm but I think he gets far to much credit for it. Maybe I'm wrong just my take.
            I actually think he was trying to be different, sort of a rebel coach, trying to put his niche out there. In the beginning his tactics were kinda fun to watch but later on it just became annoying. everytime he faced the media he seemed annoyed at all the questions, turning the questioning into banter, then he refused to do the half time segments. he always had a smirk on his face like nobody else knew basketball except him. i think he was glorified way to early, and his head swelled. if he was really that good, how come he's not coaching anymore?

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              I actually think he was trying to be different, sort of a rebel coach, trying to put his niche out there. In the beginning his tactics were kinda fun to watch but later on it just became annoying. everytime he faced the media he seemed annoyed at all the questions, turning the questioning into banter, then he refused to do the half time segments. he always had a smirk on his face like nobody else knew basketball except him. i think he was glorified way to early, and his head swelled. if he was really that good, how come he's not coaching anymore?
              He was a bit of a d!ck to the media, but I don't think it was because of a swelled head. I just think Smitch didn't have much patience in his personality.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                He was a bit of a d!ck to the media, but I don't think it was because of a swelled head. I just think Smitch didn't have much patience in his personality.
                I cant believe I am actually agreeing with you on something... but here goes.

Smitch was so combative with the media it made MLSE higher ups very upset. The loosing drove Sam nuts and the answering to the media after the loosing was more than he could handle. He lost it.

Now he is on gametime trying to rebrand himself as a calmer more laid back former-coach-of-the-year-and-and-can-I-pleeeeeeeese get a coaching gig somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X