Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMar DeRozan is a man on fire. Now lets talk trades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    i don't know why, but i don't have the same wary feeling of Demar being a one hit (week? month? season?) wonder like i did with Bargs last year. since lowry came ive noticed a new tenacity in a few of the players, especially demar. i think having a alpha dog in the locker room has paid dividends, and this is one of those things.

i honestly didn't expect it. i had basically wrote off Demar last year and while he certainly still has room to grow hes doing things this year that are actually blowing my mind. his attacking the basket absolutely opens up the entire offense and pretty soon he's going to start getting the calls too.

if he keeps this all up, i can't believe im going to say this, he's well worth his contract. i'm not sure id trade him for a guy like rudy gay who im not sure is that much of a upgrade when you factor in his contract.

remember, we started 2-8 the last time we made the playoffs and when lowry gets back (please god let it be soon) the offense AND defense is going to really hum.
    His passing also much better. Did you see those outside kicks during the Jazz game. Those were nice, kick out to Kleiza in the corner for 3. Lets hope Fields comes back with his shot so DeRozan can do that with him

Comment

I think Leo put it best the other night, saying something along these lines: Demar is zoned in and his confidence is through the roof. You can see it in his eyes; he's focused, determined, and hungry for the 'W'.

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...erozan_growth/ nice write up on DD.
        Give the guy a chance. he will be fine once he gets more touches and once Kyle returns.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          His passing also much better. Did you see those outside kicks during the Jazz game. Those were nice, kick out to Kleiza in the corner for 3. Lets hope Fields comes back with his shot so DeRozan can do that with him
          Yup, his vision is definitely improving. He's slowed his game down a bit (a good thing), and he's able to see the defense being drawn in, with enough time to kick it out before he's trapped too deep under the basket.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Not sure if I agree there. George is superior in almost every facet of the game, except attacking/getting to the line. George is also younger/less experienced.
            His only one year younger than DeMar and probably has more experience since his been in big playoffs for the last two years.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Not sure if I agree there. George is superior in almost every facet of the game, except attacking/getting to the line. George is also younger/less experienced.
              But "attacking/getting to the line" is a rather important facet of an NBA wing, yes? Especially when you look at 6.4 FTA avg. vs 2.0 this year, and even last year's 5.3 vs 2.8. A disparity already, with DD on the rise, and George on the decline.

Also George's shooting %, another facet you've spoken of often to decry DD's skills, has been well below DDs for 1st, 2nd and 3rd years. So that's two very important facets that DD is better at, and increasing the margin, even while playing on a team with less talent, putting more opposition attention on him.

Younger? Yes, a whole 9 months. Good point.
              Last edited by p00ka; Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                Very ture, but he's done a great job of taking advantage of smaller SG's. He loses that advantage at SF.
                I don't even think it matters with the there size now with DeMar. I saw him post up Paul George multiple last game and Gordon Haywood(6'8"). Think of all his big games this and who was guarding him. Joe Johnson 6'7", Brandon Roy 6'6", Evan Turner 6'7" I can only think of two SF(Melo and Bron)in the east that he would have a problem posting up. If he moves to the SF he gains a quickness advantage that he did have before with guards.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

aside from defense & supposed to be shooting where George is struggling right now.. in the games I saw George I haven't seen that superiority over DD right now. I think George will be a superior role player in the end w/ all the other good things he can do. he's good at a number of thing but nothing great so far. DD already has that attacking to the rim mentality, FT attempts, & post ups & DD is only less than a year older

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                    But "attacking/getting to the line" is a rather important facet of an NBA wing, yes? Especially when you look at 6.4 FTA avg. vs 2.0 this year, and even last year's 5.3 vs 2.8. A disparity already, with DD on the rise, and George on the decline.

Also George's shooting %, another facet you've spoken of often to decry DD's skills, has been well below DDs for 1st, 2nd and 3rd years. So that's two very important facets that DD is better at, and increasing the margin, even while playing on a team with less talent, putting more opposition attention on him.

yeah Good points.. I dont know about P George but DD's work ethic & attitude is also a plus

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      I don't even think it matters with the there size now with DeMar. I saw him post up Paul George multiple last game and Gordon Haywood(6'8"). Think of all his big games this and who was guarding him. Joe Johnson 6'7", Brandon Roy 6'6", Evan Turner 6'7" I can only think of two SF(Melo and Bron)in the east that he would have a problem posting up. If he moves to the SF he gains a quickness advantage that he did have before with guards.
                      he was abusing foye (smaller) & hayward(bigger) jazz haved to put millsap to eliminate his post ups.. this year is the first time DD is showing his post moves & he will just get better in the next years w/ it.. reading defensive adjustments & double teams

Comment

I'm feeling pretty comfortable with Derozan's ability to continue this play. Why? Because he's not doing anything extraordinary, but he's doing all the ordinary things extraordinarily well. It's not like he's on a hot shooting streak or anything like that. He's making the smart, simple plays each time on the court, which is something that I believe he'll keep doing. Also, when the whistles finally start blowing he's going to be a really dangerous player.

The main things for him to keep working on are defence (as always) and shooting from range.
                        Last edited by KHD; Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post

I acknowledged free throw attempts. Not sure why you felt obliged to raise the point I already made.

As for shooting ability, don't confuse dunks and layups with "shooting". Both players are shooting approx. 38% outside of 3 feet.

Now, care to comment on their defense, rebounding, and passing ability?

Comment

I acknowledged free throw attempts. Not sure why you felt obliged to raise the point I already made.

As for shooting ability, don't confuse dunks and layups with "shooting". Both players are shooting approx. 38% outside of 3 feet.

Boy oh boy you guys are crazy!! lol Trade Demar? Are you Fuggin Crazy?? He's our best baller besides Lowry right now......no way would i take Paul George (who plays on a better team) over DD.....I like DD's contract and if he plays up to his potential will be a steal that will still give us some flexibility ..... Rudy Gay makes like 16-18 mil over the next couple years??? NO THANK YOU!!!

I WOULD NOT TRADE DEMAR DEROZAN - I REPEAT I WOULD NOT TRADE DEMAR!!! THREAD CLOSED!! LMAO

On another note.....check out this article Tim Chisholm wrote today. What are your thoughts?

here's the link in case your interested in seeing comments - http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=409482

It's time for the Raptors to trade Andrea Bargnani - Tim Chishom

Thirteen games.

For most any recent Raptors fan, you can say "thirteen games" and they immediately know what you're talking about. It's been referred to incessantly for almost a year, as a reason for hope and optimism and as a justification for six long years of meager returns.

However, it now looks like those thirteen games will serve as an indictment rather than an exoneration. Those thirteen games that should have pushed people out of their cynicism will now only sink people further into it. In typical Raptors fashion, those thirteen games that should have been the start of what is, instead represent yet another case of what could have been but isn't.

That's why it's time to trade Andrea Bargnani.

For thirteen games to start last season, Bargnani finally showed what he can be when he puts it all together. He reached the apex of his personal mountain, the pinnacle of his potential and showed the basketball world what had so enraptured Bryan Colangelo when he drafted Bargnani first overall in 2006. He was a terror on offence, he was committed on defence and he was a true on-court leader for the first time in his NBA career.

He was also apparently incapable of sustaining that level of production.

Bargnani was famously injured after thirteen games last season and played just 18 more the rest of the way, averaging 16.1 ppg on .403 shooting and just 5.1 rpg before being shut down for good with a bothersome calf injury being cited as the reason for Bargnani's downturn in production.

Well, through eight games this season Bargnani is averaging 16.3 ppg on .357 shooting and just 4.6 rpg and he has no calf injury to blame as a reason for his lack of production. Opposing power forwards are averaging a blistering 20.5 PER against him according to 82games.com and the team is allowing a whopping 11.4 points per 100 possessions more when Bargnani is on the court.

Instead of working over defences with his strong mid-range game, he's once again drifting out to the three-point line and staying there, averaging a career-high 4.5 attempts per game from behind the arc. He's currently sporting a career-low in rebound rate and true shooting percentage, with his PER is sitting at 12.7, his lowest since 2007-08.

The difference now, versus all of the other times in Bargnani's career when he's looked underwhelming, is that he's shown people his best and now that's what he's being measured against. No longer are we talking about Bargnani's ephemeral potential, but instead we are talking about the actual production that he demonstrated and is now not living up to. Those thirteen games have gone from being Bargnani's breakthrough to his cross to bear. Bargnani was kept in Toronto for so long because he was supposed to still have higher to climb as a player, because he still had heights that he hadn't shown the world yet.

Well, he's shown those heights now, and he doesn't look anywhere close to being able to replicate them on a consistent basis, which is why it's time for the Raptors to sever ties and move on.

Bargnani is a relic of a different time in Raptor-land, a time when offensive prowess was valued above all else, a time when the team was defined by a different cast of characters and a different guiding philosophy. For fans, he is a nightly reminder of what this team is supposed to be moving away from. The club wants to be seen as a gritty, defence-first outfit that wins with heart and hustle, and Bargnani is simply the antithesis to that style. He no longer belongs. Like so many Raptors before him, he has teased fans with what he could be and has refused to live up to that standard.

Perhaps more than anything, that is the reason the Raptors have to trade Bargnani. They can no longer shrug their shoulders at players that don't work to max-out their talent. That can no longer be a defining characteristic of the club. They cited DeMar DeRozan's work ethic as a big reason why they felt obligated to extend his contract. They cited Jonas Valanciunas' heart and hustle as big factors in not only drafting him fifth but being willing to wait a year for his arrival. They love the intensity of guys like Kyle Lowry and Amir Johnson. Those guys represent what the club says it wants to be about, which by extension has to mean that Andrea Bargnani does not.

If this club is so eager to move into the next phase of their evolution, then they have to admit that those thirteen games didn't mean what they thought they did. They have to work to expunge from the roster the pieces that don't fit the personality that the team so desperately wants to adopt, and that that process has to start by - finally - moving Bargnani out of Toronto.

Comment

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/demar-derozan-1319/
                              8 38.3 20.0 7.3 16.4 44.3 6.8 14.4 47.0 0.5 2.0 25.0 5.0 6.4 78.4 1.0 4.1 5.1 2.1 1.0 0.3 1.6 2.9

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2CFJUjhtn
                              http://www.draftexpress.com
                              http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rudy-Gay-34/
                              Rudy Gay 6 35.0 19.5 7.3 18.7 39.3 6.7 15.8 42.1 0.7 2.8 23.5 4.2 5.5 75.8 1.8 4.8 6.7 1.8 1.7 1.0 2.5 1.7

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2CFKJghbi

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2CFJjVV8W
                              I know it's just the start of the season so far but.... Demar's scoring statistics are actually better than Rudy Gay's the rebounds are a little bit of a difference and Gay gets more blocks but if these stats stay roughly the same all year I think his contract is great because what Rudy does better than Demar isn't worth another 5 or 6 million
                              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

The thing about putting Paul George on this team is that we already have too many player like him. Players that can shoot the ball but are subpar at getting to the rim. Can you imagine Ross and George on the perimeter for us? We would average 40 3s attempted a game. I find that DeMar is the best fit for the way this team is built at moment.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X