Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMar DeRozan is a man on fire. Now lets talk trades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    The thing about putting Paul George on this team is that we already have too many player like him. Players that can shoot the ball but are subpar at getting to the rim. Can you imagine Ross and George on the perimeter for us? We would average 40 3s attempted a game. I find that DeMar is the best fit for the way this team is built at moment.
    I agree that George may not be the greatest fit with the Raptors. I was just responding to the idea that DeMar is better than George.

In a vaccuum, I think George's game is a more well-rounded one.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Demar to small forward, Ross to Sg. Who needs Gay anymore?

Lets get paul milsap for Bargs and in 2-3 years a line up of :

Lowry
      Ross
      Derozan
      Millsap
      Val

Will wreak havoc.
      I've see this a few times on this board since we played Utah. Why in the world would Utah want Bargs? Millsap is a UFA after the season and they have Favours and Kanter waiting in the wings. They're way more apt just to let PM walk, and spend the money elsewhere.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I agree that George may not be the greatest fit with the Raptors. I was just responding to the idea that DeMar is better than George.

That could be so but, I don't think it's a for gone conclusion. It's not as obvious.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I don't even think it matters with the there size now with DeMar. I saw him post up Paul George multiple last game and Gordon Haywood(6'8"). Think of all his big games this and who was guarding him. Joe Johnson 6'7", Brandon Roy 6'6", Evan Turner 6'7" I can only think of two SF(Melo and Bron)in the east that he would have a problem posting up. If he moves to the SF he gains a quickness advantage that he did have before with guards.
          Yeah when he posted up George and took it strong to the rim I was really impressed with DeMar, but it was the first time I've seen him be successful against someone as big or bigger than himself. Hayward didn't guard him the entire game and got a block or two on DD in the Jazz game. Roy is sort of a poor example because the guy is basically on his last legs. As far as SF's in the east I think you left out Deng, and Pierce from you list, but it's not also on the offensive side of the ball that I'd be concerned with I would also think he's at a big disadvantage trying to defend bigger guys.

Regardless, the intent of this thread wasn't meant to say that we should get rid of DD (hope I made it clear at the start of the post), it was to weigh the pros and cons of using a hot commodity to possibly improve the roster going forward. Personally I like the new DD and want to see how far he can take his game.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I agree. Paul George, overall, is a better player than Demar. The diffence between the two lies in the fact that Derozan has the ability to get his own shot via post-ups, which is very important especially when the team is running dry on offense. George makes a better complementary piece especially if the team already has a low post presence. Additionally, George has really good defense, spot shooting and rebounding. Now, if the two of them ever teamed up on the wing, then now we're talking.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
              I'm feeling pretty comfortable with Derozan's ability to continue this play. Why? Because he's not doing anything extraordinary, but he's doing all the ordinary things extraordinarily well. It's not like he's on a hot shooting streak or anything like that. He's making the smart, simple plays each time on the court, which is something that I believe he'll keep doing. Also, when the whistles finally start blowing he's going to be a really dangerous player.

The main things for him to keep working on are defence (as always) and shooting from range.
              I completely agree with you. But one thing that people forget the most about DD is his work ethic and the fact that he wants to be GREAT. Jack Armstrong talks about it all the time. DeRozan is a gym rat. His work ethic is legendary. He's always the first one in the gym and he's always the last one out. Always trying to improve his game.

In my opinion, if you combine talent + work ethic = you're going to be great.

I'n not saying DeRozan is the next Kobe. But in my opinion DD has a chance to be one of the best SG in the game. Remember he's only 23.

This whole trade DeRozan talk is stupid.
              Last edited by The Great One; Thu Nov 15, 2012, 03:18 AM.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                I agree. Paul George, overall, is a better player than Demar. The diffence between the two lies in the fact that Derozan has the ability to get his own shot via post-ups, which is very important especially when the team is running dry on offense. George makes a better complementary piece especially if the team already has a low post presence. Additionally, George has really good defense, spot shooting and rebounding. Now, if the two of them ever teamed up on the wing, then now we're talking.
                George for Bargnani? (Hey, we can dream, right? )

Comment

how bout bargnani for Granger?

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Alright, it's a shame I have to start this by saying I'm not advocating for trading DeMar, but homers are homers and now that I've catered to y'all lets talk basketball.

Though it's an extremely small sample so far, DeMar DeRozan has continued his preseason trend of attacking the rim at all costs, and he's bumped up his fg% along with rebounding numbers to boot. When young players show solid improvement people take notice and some of those people are GM's.

Depending on how confident you are in T. Ross taking over the starting SG role by next season, DD might arguably be our best trading chip right now that gives us the best chance at a SF. I know, I know the kid is finally showing us some of that potential we've seen in him, but if he can get you Rudy Gay, or Paul George in a package including some of our other assets would you think it's a good move? You gotta give up something of value to get something of value back right? If we can force feed T. Ross some minutes to advance his game a bit we could come out looking pretty good next season. Thoughts?
                    Why would teams pay so much for a guy who's had his struggles? If they did want to trade him and get something of quality in return I think you need to wait until the deadline.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      I'm feeling pretty comfortable with Derozan's ability to continue this play. Why? Because he's not doing anything extraordinary, but he's doing all the ordinary things extraordinarily well. It's not like he's on a hot shooting streak or anything like that. He's making the smart, simple plays each time on the court, which is something that I believe he'll keep doing. Also, when the whistles finally start blowing he's going to be a really dangerous player.

The main things for him to keep working on are defence (as always) and shooting from range.
                      Really great point. As long as DeRozen's confidence stays at his level there's really no reason to doubt he can continue to do what he's done so far this season.

Comment

[QUOTE=Apollo;162727]Why would teams pay so much for a guy who's had his struggles? If they did want to trade him and get something of quality in return I think you need to wait until the deadline.[/QUOTE

What do you mean by "pay so much" exactly? Take on his newly inked contract? The way he is playing right now is by NBA standards a pretty good deal I would think (20 points and 5 rebs)

Comment

Yes, his excellent play has resulted in his being one of the principal contributors to a 2-6 team. Plus, he has a poison pill contract until July 1 2013. You can forget about trading him until then at the earliest.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                            Demar hasn't hit his ceiling yet
                            He has hit it. His ceiling is below Carlos Delfino's floor.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                              Obvious troll is obvious.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                                You're an idiot

Comment

Working...
                                X