No announcement yet.

Why are Raps fans so hard on DeMar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you sir. When I lived in Montreal, I use to go to the expose games often. Even though they were always losing, like the raps. Then we had both Canadian teams with top two records in the majors then boom, baseball strike. Fishy in my mind. But I am a beloved either way.

Go demarcation. Go raps.

Comment

Clipse2001 wrote: View Post
      It's because we know how inconsistent he is, and I'm willing to bet that we will see the old Derozan again (hope I'm wrong!). But yeah, just like the Bargs 13 game sting last year, I'm waiting for another dissapointment.
      I have changed my mind on him.
      I think he wants so much to be a "player" that he is willing to do whatever it takes... combine that with a ton of god-given athleticism and I think you have a legit star being made.
      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
        I have changed my mind on him.
        I think he wants so much to be a "player" that he is willing to do whatever it takes... combine that with a ton of god-given athleticism and I think you have a legit star being made.
        I like that. A star in the making. I believe he will be by next year.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post

Go DeMar Go! Go Raps Go!
          The ball club is 2-6. It isn't going anywhere.

Comment

http://www.goodwinsports.com/2012/11...snet-magazine/
            more stuff on Demar in Magazine

Comment

if demar was drafted by the spurs, he would be MVP by now......
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                if demar was drafted by the spurs, he would be MVP by now......
                If the Spurs had drafted him, they would have traded him by the deadline in year 1. The Spurs don't suffer players that can't fit alongside their stars after being drafted, and they certainly don't invest playing time in projects.

I get your point, but I disagree with it. Veteran leadership is good for some things, but it is by no means a prerequisite for developing talent.

Who did Kyrie Irving have in Cleveland? Rose in Chicago? Durant and Westbrook in OKC? LeBron in Cleveland? Wade in Miami?

These guys all had some vets on their team, just as DeRozan has. It's the innate abilities that makes them stars, not some veteran presence. Vets can help a kid get their head on straight, steer them away from bad influences and teach them a few tricks, but the idea that veteran leadership makes a big difference in development is typical sports cliche bullshit. What matters a whole hell of a lot more are coaching and available minutes in which young players can make mistakes without looking over their shoulders. It's the latter that DeRozan lacked in his first two years.

Comment

What I'm seeing from Demar so far this year I feel justifies his new contract - on top of his strong scoring and getting to the line he's consistently getting boards AND assists. Aside from getting stronger in the off-season, it's really evident this year that he's much better at making the pass to get an assist when his own shot is taken away by the defense. This is huge for him as in past years he would just heave up a tough shot. Also, he's made it clear that he wants to be here and is committed to the franchise - who else has stepped up like that? In my opinion, the guy's a keeper.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    So you have a second hand rumour? Even if it is on good authority, you even admitted that it was a rumour, so not exactly a strong support to make the claim "He does not love the city". Plus you said his reasons were management and the poor direction of the team, so that doesn't say anything about the city, so I find it a stretch to use the information you provided to make the claim "he doesn't love the city". If you had said "he doesn't love management" or "he doesn't love the direction of the team" then I'd believe it more.

Demar biggest problem has been that he hasn't had a good environment to grow in. Who was he supposed to learn from? Bosh on the way out the door? Bargnani? The team has had no credible leader for the young guys to learn from and emulate. Lowry might be that guy (so far so good) and that will help Demar and JV and Ross develop when they see what it takes for a guy to be a high quality NBA player. I guarantee that if Demar was drafted by the Spurs he would be a better player already, learning from Duncan, Parker and Ginobli.

I was very down on Demar entering the season, but his new post game and better decisions have changed my view on him, which is good, because with that new contract he isn't going anywhere any time soon. Hopefully Demar and Lowry can continue to feed off each other and we can get back to debating whether they are a Top 10 backcourt combo.
                    Ugghhhh... that seems like such a long time ago now.... lol

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                      If the Spurs had drafted him, they would have traded him by the deadline in year 1. The Spurs don't suffer players that can't fit alongside their stars after being drafted, and they certainly don't invest playing time in projects.

I get your point, but I disagree with it. Veteran leadership is good for some things, but it is by no means a prerequisite for developing talent.

Who did Kyrie Irving have in Cleveland? Rose in Chicago? Durant and Westbrook in OKC? LeBron in Cleveland? Wade in Miami?

These guys all had some vets on their team, just as DeRozan has. It's the innate abilities that makes them stars, not some veteran presence. Vets can help a kid get their head on straight, steer them away from bad influences and teach them a few tricks, but the idea that veteran leadership makes a big difference in development is typical sports cliche bullshit. What matters a whole hell of a lot more are coaching and available minutes in which young players can make mistakes without looking over their shoulders. It's the latter that DeRozan lacked in his first two years.
                      Well ofcourse those players dont need a superior development staff. What makes the spurs staff the stuff of LORE is their ability to make 2nd rounders great. If Lebron was drafted by the spurs he would be better then he is now.

Comment

Well ofcourse those players dont need a superior development staff. What makes the spurs staff the stuff of LORE is their ability to make 2nd rounders great. If Lebron was drafted by the spurs he would be better then he is now.
                        I think the Spurs get too much credit for things.. other than Manu what second round picks are you referring to? Here is a list of all their picks:
                        http://www.basketball-reference.com/...SAS/draft.html

Dragic and Scola jump out but they developed under different teams (Phoenix and Houston respectively).

Comment

Dejaun Blair(37th), George Hill(26th), Manu Ginobili(57th), Dragic(45th), Leandro Barbosa(28th), John Salmons(26th), Luis Scola(55th), Tony Parker(28th),

This is between 1999-2012. They won 3 championships during this time. Not ONE SINGLE lottery pick in this time. This is LEGENDARY. This is turning 2nd round fodder into GOLD.

Comment

Spurs training staff, or Spurs scouting staff? They pick guys who have defined skill sets that compliment the team's stars and their system and their deficiencies are hidden in the same manner. If they don't fit the system and can't produce, they don't play, plain and simple. Realistically all they're usually asked to do is hit the open shot and not commit turnovers.

I just think you're placing way too much emphasis on training staff. In my opinion the only thing that really matters is game minutes. If you've been following the league for a while then I'm sure you've heard the players say something like this over and over: 'nothing in practice can prepare you for the speed of the NBA game'.

Comment

Development + scouting is just unbelievable over there in Spur land.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                                Spurs training staff, or Spurs scouting staff? They pick guys who have defined skill sets that compliment the team's stars and their system and their deficiencies are hidden in the same manner. If they don't fit the system and can't produce, they don't play, plain and simple. Realistically all they're usually asked to do is hit the open shot and not commit turnovers.

I just think you're placing way too much emphasis on training staff. In my opinion the only thing that really matters is game minutes. If you've been following the league for a while then I'm sure you've heard the players say something like this over and over: 'nothing in practice can prepare you for the speed of the NBA game'.

How much talent does a 57th pick usually have? Well spurs dont care, they teach him to play smart and Manu Ginobili becomes indispensable!

Comment

Working...
                                X