Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desparation

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atgfpjr

Rockets could add picks. Frees up cap space, frees up playing time, increase our rebounding and defensive efficiency. Young player with a good potential, hustle, good defender and runs the floor well.

Houston would do this because they clearly don't have a legit PF. Asik can take a lot of rebounds and defend so having Bargnani would help them on the offensive end of the floor. Lin, Harden and Bargnani is a pretty good young stars trio.

So yeah, Andrea Bargnani for Cole Aldrich+draft picks.
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Thu Nov 15, 2012, 03:19 AM.

I know we want to trade Bargnani pretty badly (some of us at least) but this trade seems to suck.

We could get much more in a trade for Bargnani, then a draft pick and a role player.

If we want him off the court fake an injury or personal problem and wait for a better trade, but do not trade him for nothing.

Comment

This is not for nothing. We've been looking at trade options for months, if not years, and we never found one who could be realistic. Houston is the only team who's about 10M under the salary cap. That being said they are the only ones who could afford Bargs contract, and clearly they would accept that trade.

Here are some positive aspects you can easily point up to:
      -We would save up to 10M for next summer.
      -We get a young and promising center who can defend and run the floor.
      -We free up playing time for Amir and Ed.
      -We don't use our amnesty clause.
      -It would open things up for other trades (if we need to do some others)

The big thing is clearly next summer free agency. Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap and JJ Hickson would all be good options for the starting 4 spot, that if Amir or Ed don't explode with more playing time. There is also a whole lot of other good free agents than the power forwards so we could do a run at some of them. Counting only Calderon and Bargnani off the books, it's already about 20M more money in the bank.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        This is not for nothing. We've been looking at trade options for months, if not years, and we never found one who could be realistic. Houston is the only team who's about 10M under the salary cap. That being said they are the only ones who could afford Bargs contract, and clearly they would accept that trade.

Here are some positive aspects you can easily point up to:
        -We would save up to 10M for next summer.
        -We get a young and promising center who can defend and run the floor.
        -We free up playing time for Amir and Ed.
        -We don't use our amnesty clause.
        -It would open things up for other trades (if we need to do some others)

The big thing is clearly next summer free agency. Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap and JJ Hickson would all be good options for the starting 4 spot, that if Amir or Ed don't explode with more playing time. There is also a whole lot of other good free agents than the power forwards so we could do a run at some of them. Counting only Calderon and Bargnani off the books, it's already about 20M more money in the bank.
        Were not BC, we do not know what offers were made or inquired about. Also, seeing as he was injured last year I doubt his trade value would have been very high. I think he does have more value than this trade, and if we wait we will get value back for him.

As for your points here are mine:

-We do not free up more time for the bigs, as we are still recieving another big back in the trade. We then have four young big players looking for more minutes to develop. Still a logjam.
        -We have a potential all-star in his prime, why swap that for a "promising center"?
        - We would never, and I mean Never use the amnesty clause on Bargs, not sure why you brought that up
        - how does trading away our best player and best trade chip open things up for another trade? Wouldn't trading the border line all star help us more?

Finally to your point about the free agency and cap space. While I agree it is nice, and Millsap and Smith are players who we should be intrested in, why not trade Bargnani for him, as multiple people have now suggested? Why risk bidding for them, and either not getting, or overpaying for guys in free agency when we can just trade for them and sign them right away?

Trading away Bargnani to get cap-space to sign free agents, is nothing compared to just trading Bargnani for the free agents. It adds multiple risks and dangers to it that could easily be avoided.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
          Were not BC, we do not know what offers were made or inquired about. Also, seeing as he was injured last year I doubt his trade value would have been very high. I think he does have more value than this trade, and if we wait we will get value back for him.

As for your points here are mine:

-We do not free up more time for the bigs, as we are still recieving another big back in the trade. We then have four young big players looking for more minutes to develop. Still a logjam.
          -We have a potential all-star in his prime, why swap that for a "promising center"?
          - We would never, and I mean Never use the amnesty clause on Bargs, not sure why you brought that up
          - how does trading away our best player and best trade chip open things up for another trade? Wouldn't trading the border line all star help us more?

Finally to your point about the free agency and cap space. While I agree it is nice, and Millsap and Smith are players who we should be intrested in, why not trade Bargnani for him, as multiple people have now suggested? Why risk bidding for them, and either not getting, or overpaying for guys in free agency when we can just trade for them and sign them right away?

Trading away Bargnani to get cap-space to sign free agents, is nothing compared to just trading Bargnani for the free agents. It adds multiple risks and dangers to it that could easily be avoided.
          -Still a logjam? Aldrich won't ask for 35 minutes a game. He would be the 5th big.
          -Potential all star in his prime? 16 points and 4 rebounds? Man, all star game is gonna suck this year.
          -You are right for the amnesty clause.
          -Right now he's very far from being our best player.
          -It would help us in a trade in the case we would want to get back a huge contract player.
          -Why we don't trade for them? Well, if those trades work out, why not? But I doubt it.

Comment

Frankly, I'd be pissed if this went down. Bargnani can get you way more value...No need for another unproven young big man, just as there is no need for more mediocre wings

Comment

I just don't see how we could get more value. I would do this trade all day er'day. You are getting back 10M$, a young NBA caliber center and draft picks. This can't go wrong.

Comment

First when has BC ever traded one of his draft picks or even said they were on the block. Cole Aldrich is pretty garbage and we won't get a draft pick that is better than Bargs in return unless Houston wins the lottery which would seem unlikely with Lin harden and Bargs. The cap space would be useless, unless BC can pull a miracle out and convince Milsap to come play here next season which would be pretty hard to do with how shit we'd do this season with this trade. If this is the best trade available BC would never trade one of his prized draft picks. The only way this trade could be any good is if we did so bad this year we got a top 3 pick so OKC wouldn't get it this year.

Comment

Aldrich ain't garbage. And he would be the 3rd center on the depth chart. Plus his contract runs out at the end of the year.

Definitely we won't get a Bargs caliber player with those picks. Just as in most trades (Lowry, Camby, etc.).

Altough we are only talking about those three players, there is not only Smith, Jefferson and Millsap in this free agency.
                  http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

Comment

Not a very good trade. Houston would run with it, and would run pretty darn far too.

Aldrich is a 3rd center like you said, and his contract running out means flexibility, but not at a huge rate where we can make a star signing/trade. Picks could be solid, but this trade is equal to a beach shell being traded for gold. You find something nice on the shore, but acquire something worth times more...
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If the pick that was traded to acquire Lowry is part of the deal then it's worth it. Obviously that pick is no longer with Houston as they traded it to OKC for Harden. If they trade Bargs. for Aldrich and picks they'd be wasting an asset IMO. Both Bargnani and Calderon will fetch something good. Raps. brass should be patient. No need to feel desperate. As BC said, they're hoping to make the play-offs. This means that if they don't, they won't be disappointed.

If they play solid defence and are in most games, I'll consider it a success even if they don't make the play-offs.
                      Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Fri Nov 16, 2012, 12:12 PM.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Just wanted to put it back up. Y'all think this idea ain't worth sh*t. But I still think this is not a bad idea at all.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9oz39k In the same kind

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            You trading Bargnani, for Luke Walton?
                            The guy who is famous for being an over paid scrub who cant get off the bench?
                            A guy who has a negative PER?
                            LMAO.

Comment

I'm trading Bargnani for expiring contracts and draft picks. Casspi can ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X