Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury update: Lowry, Fields & Anderson

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=409545

With only two wins in eight games to start the season, the injury updates on Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields and Alan Anderson added salt to the wound.

Guard Kyle Lowry has been diagnosed with a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot and is out 1-2 more weeks. He has been out since suffering the injury during a game on November 6.

Forward-guard Landry Fields underwent ulnar nerve transposition surgery on Wednesday in New York City and there is no timetable for his return. He will be re-assessed by doctors in two weeks.

Guard-forward Alan Anderson has a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot and will be out 3-6 weeks during the rehabilitation process.

Oh man. Just, wow. 2 weeks without arguably our best player. And probably awhile without 2 key players.

Calderon and Derozan are gonna be GASSED.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Falling like flies. Reminds me of the Blue Jays this summer

Comment

When it rains, it pours :|

Glad I picked up Calderon off waivers though

Comment

Projected: Calderon, Derozan, McGuire, Bargnani, Valanciunas.

Bench: Lucas, Ross, Kleiza, Ed, Amir, Acy, Gray.

Man on man. I'm cringing at this very moment.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I guess we're all officially terrible people for putting Fields down. Apparently his hand would involuntarily clench and spasm. That sucks man.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I kind of figured something was wrong with Fields, I wonder was this known about before he signed. Wishing him all the best in his recovery

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                I kind of figured something was wrong with Fields, I wonder was this known about before he signed. Wishing him all the best in his recovery
                Is it bad that I was wondering if an undisclosed injury would allow us to void his contract, without the cap hit? hehe

Comment

Hopefully Jose can play well enough to boost his trade value. (come on, brightside people!!) We need Lowry to be healthy but his presence alone seems to have help Demar, so at least he is helping the team. Hopefully Fields can come back healthy and refreshed (mentally as well). Tough break for Anderson since he had been playing reasonably well.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                    I guess we're all officially terrible people for putting Fields down. Apparently his hand would involuntarily clench and spasm. That sucks man.
                    I heard somewhere that this was bothering Fields for the past few weeks. If true, that doesn't explain why he couldn't shoot last year.

Comment

T-Minus 2weeks till Jose's groin pulls & his ankle rolls LOL i guess the fields bashing has to be on hold now..hopefully he regains form after..BC has to be thinking of making a trade or a FA signing soon. AA is stealing the show right now with the jays trades..time for BC to regain the title as "best used car salesman in T.O"

Comment

Two potential bright sides to this unfortunate bit of news:

1. Maybe Fields's shooting problems will disappear along with his injury (or at least, be reduced).

2. I looked at our schedule over the next two weeks (which looks like worst case scenario for Lowry's return). I think we can go 3-4. We play Boston, Orlando, Phili, Charlotte, Detroit, San Antonio, Houston and then Lowry SHOULD be back for Memphis. If he isn't, we can probably chalk it up as 3-5. But that would be worst, worst case scenario.

Just by looking at teams I see as being better/worse than us, I figured we lose to Boston, Phili, San An, and Houston (and of course, Memphis if we play them sans-lowry), and we beat Orlando, Charlotte and Detroit.

Knowing the Ratptors, they'll probably lose to at least one of the teams I consider to be worse than us, and beat one of the teams I consider to be better, but either way, if we can come out of this within 5 games of .500, I think we'll be okay.

Things could be worse?

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                          Two potential bright sides to this unfortunate bit of news:

1. Maybe Fields's shooting problems will disappear along with his injury (or at least, be reduced).

2. I looked at our schedule over the next two weeks (which looks like worst case scenario for Lowry's return). I think we can go 3-4. We play Boston, Orlando, Phili, Charlotte, Detroit, San Antonio, Houston and then Lowry SHOULD be back for Memphis. If he isn't, we can probably chalk it up as 3-5. But that would be worst, worst case scenario.

Just by looking at teams I see as being better/worse than us, I figured we lose to Boston, Phili, San An, and Houston (and of course, Memphis if we play them sans-lowry), and we beat Orlando, Charlotte and Detroit.

Knowing the Ratptors, they'll probably lose to at least one of the teams I consider to be worse than us, and beat one of the teams I consider to be better, but either way, if we can come out of this within 5 games of .500, I think we'll be okay.

Things could be worse?
                          We just need to keep are head above water till January. That's when will have a chance to make up a lot of grown.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I heard somewhere that this was bothering Fields for the past few weeks. If true, that doesn't explain why he couldn't shoot last year.
                            Well even last year's numbers would be an improvement.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Landry Fields Out Indefinitely, No Timetable for Return, Reassessment in Two Weeks

Our prime time summer signing is out indefinitely.

The news just keeps getting worse for the struggling Toronto Raptors.

With only two wins in eight games to start the season, the injury updates on Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields and Alan Anderson added salt to the wound.

Guard Kyle Lowry has been diagnosed with a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot and is out 1-2 more weeks. He has been out since suffering the injury during a game on November 6.

Forward-guard Landry Fields underwent ulnar nerve transposition surgery on Wednesday in New York City and there is no timetable for his return. He will be re-assessed by doctors in two weeks.

Guard-forward Alan Anderson has a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot and will be out 3-6 weeks during the rehabilitation process.

The Raptors return to action on Saturday when they visit the Boston Celtics.
                              http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=409545

Comment

Working...
                              X