No announcement yet.

Injury update: Lowry, Fields & Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raps have been competitive in each game with out Lowry. Hopefully when he's back it's enough to put them over the top and give them that much needed boost. Saturday has the potential to be a huge boost in confidence for them. Would love a W in Boston with Orlando the next day at home.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      When it rains, it pours :|

Glad I picked up Calderon off waivers though

The second lowry went down I did the same. Everyone laughed and called me a homer. then Caldy went HAM.

Feel bad, i was giving Fields a really hard time. Any surgery involving nerves cant be good.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        Our prime time summer signing is out indefinitely.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=409545
        Forward-guard Landry Fields underwent "ulnar nerve transposition surgery" on Wednesday in New York City and there is no timetable for his return. He will be re-assessed by doctors in two weeks.

I called it! Now as someone who has suffered the exact same symptoms and consulted on having the exact same surgery. The recover for normal function is around 6 weeks. Not sure how much longer after that it would take a pro athlete to regain full function. But look at February for a full return to form
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I heard somewhere that this was bothering Fields for the past few weeks. If true, that doesn't explain why he couldn't shoot last year.
          that had more to do with Melo than anything
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

This is perfect.

This is EXACTLY what we need.

-Calderon is going to put up starters numbers (10 pts 9 assists 50% fg 90% ft) and will have his trade value skyrocket. Perfect for any midseason trade

-Ross and Derozan are going to get a lot more burn. And we get to see if Dominique McGuire is really that elite defender GS fans were raving about. This is great for the development of Derozan as a number 1 scorer, and even better for Ross's playing time!

Overall, Lowry and Fields are going to come back in to an improved Derozan, a more settled Ross, and a tradable asset in Calderon, right in time for the easier half of our schedule!

I predict many wins after all-star break.
            The only thing that pisses me off, is Lowry might lose his allstar bid because of his injuries..
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              that had more to do with Melo than anything
              You mean the leader on the best team in the league? That Melo?

w00t w00t

Comment

I think this aint too bad if you look at our schedule. I hope fields is ok and comes back shooting the lights out. And i'm relieved to find out that lowry doesn't need surgery and that he'll be back in 1 -2 weeks. My dumb ass friend told me Lowry is going to get surgery on his knee, i'm going to kick his ass tomorrow.

Comment

yes
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                    I guess we're all officially terrible people for putting Fields down. Apparently his hand would involuntarily clench and spasm. That sucks man.
                    I betcha the spasm out was about the size of a certain silicon sack.

Comment

When it rains, it pours :|

Glad I picked up Calderon off waivers though
                      now he gets all the chances in the world to quiet some people. hope he does. and casey needs to give ross some playing time already. feel bad for quincy.
                      Last edited by Stahmenah_Vybz; Thu Nov 15, 2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                        Two potential bright sides to this unfortunate bit of news:

1. Maybe Fields's shooting problems will disappear along with his injury (or at least, be reduced).

2. I looked at our schedule over the next two weeks (which looks like worst case scenario for Lowry's return). I think we can go 3-4. We play Boston, Orlando, Phili, Charlotte, Detroit, San Antonio, Houston and then Lowry SHOULD be back for Memphis. If he isn't, we can probably chalk it up as 3-5. But that would be worst, worst case scenario.

Just by looking at teams I see as being better/worse than us, I figured we lose to Boston, Phili, San An, and Houston (and of course, Memphis if we play them sans-lowry), and we beat Orlando, Charlotte and Detroit.

Knowing the Ratptors, they'll probably lose to at least one of the teams I consider to be worse than us, and beat one of the teams I consider to be better, but either way, if we can come out of this within 5 games of .500, I think we'll be okay.

Things could be worse?
                        charlotte is playing really well of late and philly is struggling. houston is winnable. lin playing like crap.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          +1

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            well i never
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Is it bad that I was wondering if an undisclosed injury would allow us to void his contract, without the cap hit? hehe
                              No, it'd be like Nate Huffman. Toronto would void the contract, Fields would sue, Raps would lose and look like idiots in the process. Let's not even joke about anything remotely similar to the Huffman debacle....

Comment

Hopefully Kleize takes the opportunity to blow up. If Calderon and Kleiza can impress it would really add value to our team; be it trade value, or some much needed confidence in our depth.
                                I hate Dom! I don't understand why he's soaking up so many minutes..

Comment

Working...
                                X