Injury update: Lowry, Fields & Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Is it bad that I was wondering if an undisclosed injury would allow us to void his contract, without the cap hit? hehe
    I was thinking the same thing when I scrolled down and read your post.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      No, it'd be like Nate Huffman. Toronto would void the contract, Fields would sue, Raps would lose and look like idiots in the process. Let's not even joke about anything remotely similar to the Huffman debacle....
      I was 98% joking (hoping for a quick/successful recovery)... but 2% likes the renewed financial flexibility... lol

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I betcha the spasm out was about the size of a certain silicon sack.

Turns out my joke was 100% correct. Watch the video and when he holds his hand up and twitches..... you see what I'm saying.

Comment

"wait somethings wrong here, Im not THAT bad.."

Ill take your word for it... for now..
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

OH man, if there's ever a time that we need someone to step up, it's going to have to be Derozan... cuz honestly, I don't know if Bargs is up to the task... or maybe is he suffering from some sort of injury too? (sorry, being lazy isn't an injury :P)
            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

The injury is huge for effecting his game. Can you imagine making a fist anytime you tried to shoot the ball prior to your release? It makes sense how constantly on the forum people have talked about his awkward release. I'm surprised he was even able to shoot 23% with his hand like that.

Comment

Hopefully its a quick recovery and he comes back shooting the lights out. We need you Landry!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Hopefully its a quick recovery and he comes back shooting the lights out. We need you Landry!
                  I did a consult for the exact same surgery

2 - 3 weeks in a sling
                  2- 3 weeks physio

and then add to that whatever he needs to get back to playing condition.
                  That's why I say be happy if he is playing regular minutes before the All Star break

the twitching can drive you nuts...makes you think you ALS, Parkinson's all kinds of stupid shit goes through your head....(never google your symptoms)
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I actually had a good friend who had a similar thing. It was some sort of muscle weakness - like Fields said - and it was extremely hard for him to shoot.

He was a great shooter too. He had textbook form, always had the pocket ready for a catch and shoot, and now, his shot is just plain ugly. He never ended up getting it fixed, for the muscle is now to the point where it's not strong enough to get off purely on form. Whenever he shoots, he brings it up to the point of release, but before getting the shot off, instead of following through, his wrist sort of flicks to the side, and a couple fingers aren't followed through.

So, basically, his follow through looks like peace sign like this: "V", but instead, the fingers end up like this: ">". Not to mention he throws his arm out like an idiot. So, imagine a Derek fisher/Josh Childress shot with that follow through. I don't think you'd make very many baskets.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      Falling like flies. Reminds me of the Blue Jays this summer
                      Seriously has any city been on such a gloomy sports run? this town is starved for a winner.
                      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                        seriously has any city been on such a gloomy sports run? This town is starved for a winner.

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggooooo oooooooooooooooossssssssssss!!!!!!!!

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                          aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggooooo oooooooooooooooossssssssssss!!!!!!!!
                          I refuse to watch the argos because they are the reason we won't get an NFL franchise.

argos are the linchpin to the CFL
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                          X