Moronic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moronic

Amnesty Bargnani? Are you guys completely losing it? I think too many Raptor disappointments are making people around here lose their marbles. I'd like to give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume you're kidding, but sadly I don't think you are.

Now before everyone starts going ape-shit in responding to this, let me just say: I agree that he is playing terribly. I agree that he should be given less playing time and possibly removed from the starting lineup if this continues. And for the first time in the last 7 years, I even agree that we should start looking at trading him. But amnestying him, are you serious?

Although his value is arguably at its lowest point right now, the guy still has some definite value, and probably more than most of you think. And his contract is quite reasonable, even given his recent terrible play. To amnesty him would be simply throwing away an asset.

And finally let me just say this. We're still only 9 games into the season. A lot of great players are having poor starts to the season. Bargs didn't play much last year and didn't play for Italy during the summer. Give it a bit more time before you start losing your shit. I'm not saying he'll turn it around, but it's too early to make a rash decision and trade him away for less than market value, let alone amnesty him.

It is not rash decision - this decision (to trade him I mean) should have been made 2-3 years ago..at least. He may have surprised most of the fans with the 13 games last season but how many seasons would we be loosing to understand that he is not the type of player the management of our team thinks he is. Amensty could be seen as little premature but look at it this way (just an idea, example ) - would you hire someone like Kenyon Martin if you had roster spot and money from AB. And by money I don't mean use all the money on him ?
    My point is that while not guaranteed return is available if there really aren't any reasonable trade options perhaps amnesty is not that bad of an idea. And also what we as fans think his value on the market is probably very inaccurate.
    * Excuse my spelling (I 'm probably still shaking from last night's game)

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
      My point is that while not guaranteed return is available if there really aren't any reasonable trade options perhaps amnesty is not that bad of an idea.
      Yes it is.

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
        Yes it is.
        Care to say why or just nuisance posts fan ?

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
          Care to say why or just nuisance posts fan ?
          I can think of 50 trades that the Raptors can do to get at least something in return for Bargnani. Especially if the goal is to basically give him away. There are a lot of bottom feeder teams that would take a flyer on Bargnani. I'm not being a nuisance, it's a stupid idea to amnesty him. What did optifan call it, moronic.

Comment

optifan wrote: View Post
            Amnesty Bargnani? Are you guys completely losing it? I think too many Raptor disappointments are making people around here lose their marbles. I'd like to give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume you're kidding, but sadly I don't think you are.
            +1

Bargnani has been the target of the fans' hate the past couple of years and, if he's traded, DeRozan will the next target.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
              +1

Bargnani has been the target of the fans' hate the past couple of years and, if he's traded, DeRozan will the next target.
              Yep. Then we praise Sonny Weems and Alan Anderson. Very confusing
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Bargnani's negatives exceed the positives, especially the way he has been shooting the last few seasons. It's not moronic, it is very logical to think that the Raptors will be better without Bargnani.

Comment

Houston amnestied Scola who is arguably better than Bargnani and was making less. There are a lot of reasons why amnestying a player could be done. Perhaps the Raptors would be interested in a free agent like Millsap and would prefer to free up cap space to chase him rather than try to make a trade offer with Utah.

The only issue I have with amnestying Bargnani is that we would have to wait until this season is over.. I can be patient, but that's a long time to wait. I would prefer a trade just so the insanity can end already.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                    +1

+1

stretch wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani's negatives exceed the positives, especially the way he has been shooting the last few seasons. It's not moronic, it is very logical to think that the Raptors will be better without Bargnani.
                    i am not of the mind we will be better off without him. i think he will be better off without us

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                      I can think of 50 trades that the Raptors can do to get at least something in return for Bargnani. Especially if the goal is to basically give him away. There are a lot of bottom feeder teams that would take a flyer on Bargnani. I'm not being a nuisance, it's a stupid idea to amnesty him. What did optifan call it, moronic.
                      I wish we knew what the Raptors are being offered in return for Bargnani but we don't. To clarify I am not rooting to amnesty him just for fun (actually it may be fun but still) - I want amnesty IF,and only if the trade value is actually very low.

Comment

I really do think that before trading or amnestying Il Mago, we should let him come off the bench. Sure it will be a bruise to his ego but it might make him hustle that much hard for his starting spot back. DC needs to toy with this idea. I recently saw how OKC coach pulled Durant early in the 1st and brought him back in with the second unit as an experiment to make the second unit more of a threat, and it worked. Durant actually liked it. To put your 2-time top scorer in the league in a semi-bench role for the betterment of the team is ballsy, and I think DC needs to consider some drastic changes when it comes to Bargs.

Comment

Yogi wrote: View Post
                          I really do think that before trading or amnestying Il Mago, we should let him come off the bench. Sure it will be a bruise to his ego but it might make him hustle that much hard for his starting spot back. DC needs to toy with this idea. I recently saw how OKC coach pulled Durant early in the 1st and brought him back in with the second unit as an experiment to make the second unit more of a threat, and it worked. Durant actually liked it. To put your 2-time top scorer in the league in a semi-bench role for the betterment of the team is ballsy, and I think DC needs to consider some drastic changes when it comes to Bargs.
                          Honestly, I wouldn't even want to take that approach. The issue is effort and intensity.

I look at Bargnani like a girlfriend who cheated. I could never trust her again and inevitably the relationship is going to fail because of that lack of trust.

Same with Bargnani. We saw what he can do. He chooses not to do it. Sure he could put up a good stretch - even another 13 and 16/17 out of 31 - but I'll always be wondering when the true colours shine through.

Comment

I agree that amnestying Bargnani doesn't many sense. If there are suitors for Turkoglu and Arenas, then there are suitors for Bargnani. Even 2nd round picks are better than nothing.

The only way amnestying makes sense is if Colangelo has a trade up his sleeve, and needs an extra $10 million in cap space to make the deal work. But in that situation, Calderon would be a better amnesty candidate because of his expiring contract.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I agree that amnestying Bargnani doesn't many sense. If there are suitors for Turkoglu and Arenas, then there are suitors for Bargnani. Even 2nd round picks are better than nothing.

The only way amnestying makes sense is if Colangelo has a trade up his sleeve, and needs an extra $10 million in cap space to make the deal work. But in that situation, Calderon would be a better amnesty candidate because of his expiring contract.
                              Jose can't be amnestied anymore. The last chance was this past off season. You can only amnesty in the off season and only one time. Once this season ends, Jose is a free agent.

The only amnesty candidates we have left are Bargnani, Amir and Kleiza.

Comment

Working...
                              X