X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. My bad.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I agree that amnestying Bargnani doesn't many sense. If there are suitors for Turkoglu and Arenas, then there are suitors for Bargnani. Even 2nd round picks are better than nothing.

The only way amnestying makes sense is if Colangelo has a trade up his sleeve, and needs an extra $10 million in cap space to make the deal work. But in that situation, Calderon would be a better amnesty candidate because of his expiring contract.
      The ability to use the amnesty clause only exists within a certain window. That window has passed for Calderon.

The Raptors will not be able to amnesty a player until after this season, and the remaining options are Kleiza, Amir and Bargnani.

Yes there are suitors for almost every contract, but its also relative to what you get back. In order to get rid of Arenas, Washington needed to take back Rashard Lewis. It was a worst deal in the NBA for the 2nd worst deal in the NBA type trade. There was a suitor for Hedo (who also happened to be Hedo's agent.....) but still the return was a past his prime, marginally useful player in Barbossa. Better than Hedo? Yes. A player even worth his contract? No.

But lets even say Colangelo would willing take something as cheap as a 2nd round pick for Bargnani. The team he is traded to would need to:

1) have the cap space to make the deal right now + moving forward

2) the roster space to make the deal right now. Even if they waive a player, they are in essence still going to pay Bargnani + the waived player's contract (depending on its structure ofcourse).

3) the willingness to pay Bargnani moving forward

Which immediately reduces the number of potential suitors.

Realistically Toronto would most likely need to take a contract back + the 2nd round pick to make the deal work. Depending on what that contract is: Amnesty may still be more valuable than a 2nd round pick.

While I find it highly unlikely that the Raps amnesty Bargnani, the idea of amnesty should not be off the table. Its not as "moronic" as it sounds depending on the league wide economics (both ability and willingness to pay bargnani vs Toronto's return).

Comment

Can I just ask, with all the AB trashing, why are we not at least taking pains to complement DD on his improved play? Dude tries hard every play, has stopped the whining and practices hard...oh yeah, and WANTS to be here and bring others...where's the love???

Comment

Why would we be discussing DeRozan on a Bargnani thread?

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
            I want amnesty IF,and only if the trade value is actually very low.
            this bothers me. lets say bc puts out a email to 29 other gms saying bargs' is on the market and only one gm answer back and says he has the 60th pick of the second round. does that then become so low of a calue that you would pay him to play on another team?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

I look at Bargnani like a girlfriend who cheated. I could never trust her again and inevitably the relationship is going to fail because of that lack of trust.
              thanks matt. happy to see you understand it's your fault and your issues with trust as the root of the problem
              Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Nov 20, 2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                Can I just ask, with all the AB trashing, why are we not at least taking pains to complement DD on his improved play? Dude tries hard every play, has stopped the whining and practices hard...oh yeah, and WANTS to be here and bring others...where's the love???
                wouldn't be raps fans if we did. our team is about hate

Comment

Is it AB bashing to point out that he has shot poorly, not rebounded well, and played inconsistently on defense? It is more about coming to grips with the reality of the situation.

Comment

This is how bad american media is with the Raps

Nov 17 Bargnani had 15 points (5-14 FG, 1-5 3Pt, 4-5 FT) Saturday against Boston.

Recommendation: Bargnani bounced back from an eight-point outing in the win over the Pacers on Tuesday. Despite gaining weight in the offseason, the Spanish center is not bringing down more rebounds. He had just two Saturday and is averaging 4.3 boards.
                    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...l6rPT_gvsTRwU6

hahahahahaha

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      thanks matt. happy to see you understand it's your fault and your issues with trust as the root of the problem
                      Yes. Issues with trust after the trust was betrayed. Kind of like the expression one can forgive but never forget.

So many fans have supported Bargnani for years and he can't even give his best effort night in and night out. Casey talked yesterday about him not playing with expression on his face and it doesn't mean he doesn't care. I say b.s. He played balls out at times last year with emotion and intensity on his face and he played the best ball of his career.

Comment

If we are to amnesty him we still could do this instead

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...84-Desparation

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          This is how bad american media is with the Raps

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...l6rPT_gvsTRwU6

hahahahahaha
                          WOW. I want to punch the person responsible.. thats the definition of disrespect. Also, the writer must be very uncultured, Bargnani isn't even close to a Spanish name.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

He's also not much of a center...
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              He's also not much of a center...
                              this actually offended me more than the spanish reference. hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X