first ten games 3 wins 7 losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Our winning percentage is at .300 which is right below what we finished with last season (I believe it was around .350) so we should be much improved once Lowry gets back and Bargnani gets his shit together.

you still expect it to happen?
    man your patience is mile high

Comment

If the team had the same intensity on defense that it had last year I'd say we could easily be 8-2 but the defense in general has been really disappointing.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

it all starts and ends with bargs

Comment

wtfraps wrote: View Post
          Aussie aussie aussie
          Go you Aussie

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            The record is what it is but it is incredible to think they could easily be 8-2.

Meltdown vs. Ind
            same vs. BKN
            failure to capitalize in Dallas with their injuries and Lowry out
            33-7 quarter vs. PHI
            Jefferson 3pter vs. UTH
            would andrea be such a periah if it were 8-2?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              Well the euphoria would soften the criticism, but if he would be playing as he is now: badly both on offence and defence, he would get criticized, of course there would be people that would say we're winning he just needs to get himself into game shape, but now when people have a sense of urgency fans are requesting a trade

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                Probably not because he'd be the Andrea of urban legend.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                  you still expect it to happen?
                  man your patience is mile high
                  LOL, yeah I'm trying to stay patient with him. But looks like Casey is keeping a short to medium leash on him. Looking at game logs on nights where he's shot the ball poorly he's played around 25 minutes only. The only occassions where he's shot the ball poorly and still gotten big minutes are the occassions he's contributed by doing other things like rebounding, blocks, steals etc. Nice to know Casey monitors his production and effor so closely.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrea...ame_stats.html

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, a few lucky bounces and calls here and there and we'd be looking at 6 to 8 wins right now. The team is better than their record right now.
                    Not sure about the whole "lucky bounces" thing. A lot of games come down to a lucky bounce, but there are a lot of things that put a team in that situation. In yesterday's game vs. Orlando, for example, the Raptors shot 60% from the free throw line. They got away with it, but a team that doesn't convert at the line is going to find itself losing a lot of close games that could have been wins.

Celebrating the Futility of the Toronto Raptors:
                    http://www.holycraptors.com

Comment

Realistically speaking, I think we should be 4-6 right now, with the Utah game the one that we pissed away. I won't point to the opener vs. Indy because we stole that game back beating Indy at home with a 5 point fourth quarter (so those 2 games cancel each other out).

At 4-6, the Raptors would be 1 game behind the 8th seed. And even at our current 3-7, we're just 2 games behind. As poorly as we've played to start the year, we're still very much within striking distance. Outside of the top 4 teams, nobody is really running away.

Comment

Doug Smith said, if we hang around 5 games behind .500 we would still have a shot for a late run for the playoffs!
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

3-7 is about what I expected given the schedule. Having said that, I'm not sure it's what management expected given that this is supposed to be a team competing for a playoff spot.

10 of the next 12 on the road will go a long way toward determining where this team is in a few weeks. If they come out of that 7-15 or worse it's going to be next to impossible for them to climb out of that hole.

Comment

I am thinking we should be 5-5, but I suppose the schedule has been rough for us so far...

Can't help it...I love the RAPS and every year I expect them to make the playoffs. It's kind of ironic that the 9 or 10 games I get to each year, they usually win

Maybe I should be visiting TO more!!!

Comment

Ya it's funny if I had guessed at the beginning of the season I would have said 3-7 or 4-6 but the way we have lossed has made it so much more infuriating of a 3-7 start.

Sometimes it just feels better to get blown out than to lose it at the end.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                Sometimes it just feels better to get blown out than to lose it at the end.
                                Actually, no. I'd much rather lose a close game than be blown out. at least with a close game it gives you the false confidence that you competed and had actually had a shot at winning, whereas blowouts usually leave you feeling much more defeated
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X