Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Toronto vs. Philadelphia November 20.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    It's like he has forgotten how to coach.

I still have faith in the guy, but he needs to figure his shit out.
    i seriously hope so. Cause we're beginning to fall and if we lose tomorrows game we're free falling. We're digging ourselves a deep hole

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
      I could see the matchup between Calderon and Holiday as a nightmare from a mile away. I have no idea why Lowry didn't start the game. I'm confident he would have done a better job at guarding Holiday. If Lowry loses his starting role again, after coming off injury, what message are we sending to him as a team that he should build a future with?
      They didn't start him cause they were being cautious

Comment

• All i want to know is why he brings out a lineup of 2 pg's? That lineup sucks so hard.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Trade Calderon and bargnani so casey can no longer play them. Its like he wants to lose, "Valanciunas is playing too good so i think i won't put him in the 4th quarter. Oh and also i won't play T Ross cause he's a rookie but still a better defender than jose." Wtf is wrong with this guy? my grandmother could have made better subs, fuck this.
          If I had a nickle for every time I read "trade Bargnani" from NoPropsneeded I'd have more money then Joe Johnson...

I agree JV should have played more and that T Ross deserves more burn.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
            I agree, Casey was out-coached by Doug Collins. By playing small, Philly managed to open up the court for Holiday who by the way, was very impressive. Some things I would have wanted to see ...

(1) Take Jose off Holiday. This one is simple. Jose is slow footed and he has a hard time getting over screens. Lowry would have put more pressure on Jrue. Although Lowry had a pretty bad shooting night and looked a bit slower than usual (which is expected), his defense was pretty good, chasing guys off the screen.

Leading to ...

(2) Pick and roll coverage: With Lowry on Holiday, the big would not have to over commit on Holiday, which would help prevent the line drives. I would have also tried trapping Jrue off the pick, make another guy create. You can't let a guy walk into your defense knowing he has 3 campers and 1 roll man.

(3) I would have taken Amir out very early in the fourth quarter. Ride the hot hand. It's not like Valanciunas is slow footed. He's actually a better match-up defensively than Bargnani.

(4) I would have kept feeding it to Derozan in the post. He had a terrific 2nd half but they went away from him in the last 3 minutes.

We got exposed hard today letting Calderon and Bargnani guard the pick and roll - then scrambling after to get to 3 designated campers.

This one is tough ....
            +1 I agree with all 4 of your points.

JV wouldve done a better job than Bargnani.

Also, we did not NEED offense in the 4th, we needed Defense! Calderon shouldve been out and the line up shouldve OBVIOUSLY been:
            Lowry
            Ross/McGuire
            Demar
            Amir
            Val

You play ross earlier in the 4th to see if he is in the mood to play Defense, if so you keep him in, otherwise DM would replace him and overall you have the most important things when maintaining a lead:
            Perimeter Defense
            Rebounding
            Slashing + foulshot making
            3pt desperation kickout
            and tall interior presence.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Its another dumb loss cause of stupid adjustments. Had casey put on a lineup of

Lowry
              DeRozan
              Maguire
              Amir
              JV

we would've won
              Are you looking for a stop with this line up? If so get Demar off ASAP cause he was getting lite up all night long (Cue the Lionel Ritchie)... Amir looked slower then Andrea vs the Pacers tonight. Amir played way too long and should have been subbed for JV half way through the 4th.

Comment

They didn't start him cause they were being cautious
                He sat for five games how much more cautious can you get?
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                  If I had a nickle for every time I read "trade Bargnani" from NoPropsneeded I'd have more money then Joe Johnson...

I agree JV should have played more and that T Ross deserves more burn.
                  Haha its true man. I'm done with this guy, but tonights loss wasn't too much of his fault but he was part of it like he always is. It was mainly Casey's fault. T Ross needs to play, like seriously

Comment

• Demar wouldve been key to get some fouls on the offensive end plus he was never really 'burnt', he had decent close outs but Nick Young hit some incredibly tight shots tonight.

Comment

• What's with you guys wanting to trade Calderon. I don't get it.
                      He's easily my all time fav raptor and deserves to have his jersey retired here.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                        Are you looking for a stop with this line up? If so get Demar off ASAP cause he was getting lite up all night long (Cue the Lionel Ritchie)... Amir looked slower then Andrea vs the Pacers tonight. Amir played way too long and should have been subbed for JV half way through the 4th.
                        DeMar wasn't getting lit up, Nick Young was just hitting unrealistic shots. His Defense was actually very good. Amir was sorta gassed, we should've pulled him out for a bit

Comment

• TdotTrizzy, the team is moving towards a more defensive and tough attitude. Granted, Jose is mentally tough, he is relatively slow and physically weak. His defense is porous at times, and we need a team that we can trust can get it done defensively.

Also his trade value is the highest atm, and you always sell high!

Comment

Haha its true man. I'm done with this guy, but tonights loss wasn't too much of his fault but he was part of it like he always is. It was mainly Casey's fault. T Ross needs to play, like seriously
                            I'm one of the last non Bargnani haters who like TO. I'd actually go as far as saying he was one of our better players tonight. Casey is killing up late in games and doesn't know how to maintain a lead. Notice how he didn't play zone at all when Jose was getting torched off the dribble by Jrue. I wouldn't play zone with Richardson, Young, Wright and Jrue on the floor at once but I definitely would have when Turner was at the 3 and Thaddeous Young at the 4.

T Ross would have been great to guard Young tonight.

Comment

DeMar wasn't getting lit up, Nick Young was just hitting unrealistic shots. His Defense was actually very good. Amir was sorta gassed, we should've pulled him out for a bit
                              Young and J Rich both won their match up vs Demar tonight no question.

Comment

• I get that hes horrible on defense but so are half the other players we have.
                                And he is the ONLY consistent person we have on offense.
                                There's no other guard in the league that can average his assist with the same supporting cast
                                (excluding Nash)
                                I hate the idea of using our other back ups. They always have bad shot selection and most importantly don't make our other players better the way Jose does.
                                Plus we have Kyle as our starter and I doubt he could stay healthy for an entire season with his style of play. He's like a pg version of gerald Wallace. We need that insurance back up pg that Jose brings.

Comment

Working...
                                X