Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Casey too? Seriously? Let's just fire the whole damn staff while we're at it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people want to fire the staff, can we at least keep Alex McKechnie? That dude is awesome.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
      MAYBE he didn't play Valanciunas because he's scared that the referees will be overly tight on the whistle in the 4th. We all know Big V is a whistle magnet.

MAYBE he played the 2 point guard line-up because he needed "shooters" and "playmakers" so he can run the pick and roll at the end of the game.

MAYBE he left Bargnani and Calderon together because their offense outweighs their defense.

MAYBE he is very concerned about winning and is afraid that rookies will make a lot of mistakes. The pressure to win handcuffs his rotations thus limiting rookie minutes.

There could be a lot of reasons. I would like to know exactly why he chose to live with that strategy.

I still don't get why out of Lowry and Calderon, why would you designate Calderon to stop their primary ball handler who happens to be athletic as F*CK. Why would you let Philly ABUSE Calderon and Bargnani by constantly allowing them to defend the pick and roll together. Why couldn't have Bargnani guard Dorell Wright who's camping and why couldn't Jose guard J-Rich, another camper who actually got hurt earlier in the game (who couldn't even elevate anymore in a breakaway opportunity).

Questionable decisions. Someone please ask him straight up. I'm not ready to give up on him, but I believe there's a difference between a teacher and a tactician (in terms of coaching). Casey is more of a teacher, develop good habits. But strategy wise, he has been out coached several times and he has a ways to go.

I still think Bargnani should be traded because he gives us more trouble defensively than what he brings on offense.

JV had 0 PFs in 25 minutes. 0. Amir had 6 in 20 minutes.

Now tell me who you would've put out in crunch time if you were afraid of fouls...
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        JV had 0 PFs in 25 minutes. 0. Amir had 6 in 20 minutes.

Now tell me who you would've put out in crunch time if you were afraid of fouls...
        Yeah but Amir getting 6 earned fouls is something DC can probably live with. JV getting rookie calls and non calls can really kill critical possessions.

The unbalanced lineup and lack of star level ability at any one point (Klow is borderline) kills this squad when the going gets tough. Too many mediocre bigs not enough talent on the arc.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I'll admit.. watching Casey's rotations has been wildly frustrating.. more frustrating than Bargnani's play to be honest. The difference is that I know what I get with Bargnani.. with Casey it seems to be so different from what I expected.

However the talent is not there, and that makes a big difference. The biggest thorn on the Raptors is Mr. Colangelo. He's the one that needs to go.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            I'll admit.. watching Casey's rotations has been wildly frustrating.. more frustrating than Bargnani's play to be honest. The difference is that I know what I get with Bargnani.. with Casey it seems to be so different from what I expected.

However the talent is not there, and that makes a big difference. The biggest thorn on the Raptors is Mr. Colangelo. He's the one that needs to go.
            I am not ready to bash on Casey but it should be noted the talent was hardly there last season either. If anything, there has been a talent infusion - although the biggest part of the infusion has been injured of late (lowry).

Comment

The thing is that Casey believes in the system where players have to seriously earn their minutes. It's probably why you don't see Ross or JV playing alot of minutes especially in the fourth quarter. Yes I agree with everyone when they said that JV should be in the fourth quarter especially since the we were in the bonus and the Sixers were playing small. JV could have easily dominated other offensive end, but I sorta understand also why he didn't play. It would have been a mixup nightmare on the defensive end as well and Casey is more of defensive minded coach rather than an offensive minded coach. So I can sorta see why he didn't play him at all in the fourth quarter. I personally think that Casey wants JV and Ross to have a little more NBA experience (two months or so) before letting them playing in the fourth quarter. And if I'm right, I'm pretty sure Casey will let JV see a bit more minutes in the fourth quarter around late December or January and same with Ross. Casey is just a very old fashion guy that relies more on experience especially in late game situations, but that's just my two cents on the situation at hand...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                The thing is that Casey believes in the system where players have to seriously earn their minutes. It's probably why you don't see Ross or JV playing alot of minutes especially in the fourth quarter. Yes I agree with everyone when they said that JV should be in the fourth quarter especially since the we were in the bonus and the Sixers were playing small. JV could have easily dominated other offensive end, but I sorta understand also why he didn't play. It would have been a mixup nightmare on the defensive end as well and Casey is more of defensive minded coach rather than an offensive minded coach. So I can sorta see why he didn't play him at all in the fourth quarter. I personally think that Casey wants JV and Ross to have a little more NBA experience (two months or so) before letting them playing in the fourth quarter. And if I'm right, I'm pretty sure Casey will let JV see a bit more minutes in the fourth quarter around late December or January and same with Ross. Casey is just a very old fashion guy that relies more on experience especially in late game situations, but that's just my two cents on the situation at hand...
                Unfortunately that does not explain a certain you know who.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Unfortunately that does not explain a certain you know who.
                  Unfortunately we aren't a good offensive team. Outside of Bargs, who else can score fairly decently? Calderon prefers to pass than shoot. Lowry tries but he's still shaky after the injury (especially his brutal fourth quarter). Demar can score but as with every slasher who can't shoot as well, they will have a hard time scoring especially when the calls aren't in your favor. Amir got into foul trouble, so he can't be as aggressive on the offensive end. Ed Davis is still pretty raw offensively. Lucas has been in a shooting slump the past few games. Fields is out and so is Anderson. Ross is still learning the NBA and so is JV. Casey realizes that we can't score well in the fourth quarter and with Bargs playing, we have a better chance at scoring a bit more (unfortunately at the expense of defence). But again, that's just my opinion and two cents.

Comment

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/spo...game-collapses

Here's a article to ponder over. Koreen nails it on the head as per usual. True enough a lot of the losses have to do with lineups that haven't been working, but a lot has to do with a the roster itself. Casey simply doesn't have the right pieces.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Unfortunately we aren't a good offensive team. Outside of Bargs, who else can score fairly decently? Calderon prefers to pass than shoot. Lowry tries but he's still shaky after the injury (especially his brutal fourth quarter). Demar can score but as with every slasher who can't shoot as well, they will have a hard time scoring especially when the calls aren't in your favor. Amir got into foul trouble, so he can't be as aggressive on the offensive end. Ed Davis is still pretty raw offensively. Lucas has been in a shooting slump the past few games. Fields is out and so is Anderson. Ross is still learning the NBA and so is JV. Casey realizes that we can't score well in the fourth quarter and with Bargs playing, we have a better chance at scoring a bit more (unfortunately at the expense of defence). But again, that's just my opinion and two cents.
                      Who says Bargs scores decently? If decent is inefficient, then yes, sign me up.

Lowry is the man on this team. I fully expect him to be back to his normal self by next week. Remember all the slack Bargnani was given coming off the calf injury? I think Lowry gets a little bit of leeway in his first game back.... a game where he shot poor but did have 7 rebounds and 7 assists.

The issue with this team is it is not playing 'Casey' ball on defense and the offense is forced through an inefficient and one-dimensional player.

Comment

I agree with this, in a sense. But when they were up 7, they really did not need to score. Demar would have scored. Kleiza would have scored. DC left Bargs in there when the Sixers went small ball. Bargs picked up Thaddeus, and Thaddeus just camped outside and let the smaller guys work. IMO, the 2 biggest adjustments DC should have made was switching Lowry to guard Jrue, and McGuire to guard Nick Young. Those two were the ones who killed them in the 4th. Jrue just embarrassed Jose to no end.

Jose and Bargnani should not be playing 4th quarters. Bargnani is a black hole, and Jose is a spec of dust just floating in space (too dramatic? hehehe) Unfortunately for Casey, he has no one else to put in.

Comment

Even if Casey is making some bad rotation decisions at the moment, he can improve on them. People seem to forget that, like players, coaches can improve and get better. Casey has these guys working hard most games, and that's important. He can improve his rotations, and should be given time.

Comment

Leo made a point when he was talking about fans wondering why JV wasn't on the court during the 4th vs. Philly. He said that Philly played small, so they needed to match-up quicker, and faster guys defensively and offensively.

First of all, Leo Rautins is a fucking idiot.

Second, is JV not a quick player? Is he not fast? Is he not lengthy and an aggressive defender/offender? I would rather have him on the floor over Bargnani, especially for his +/- was the best on the team that night.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              Leo made a point when he was talking about fans wondering why JV wasn't on the court during the 4th vs. Philly. He said that Philly played small, so they needed to match-up quicker, and faster guys defensively and offensively.

First of all, Leo Rautins is a fucking idiot.

Second, is JV not a quick player? Is he not fast? Is he not lengthy and an aggressive defender/offender? I would rather have him on the floor over Bargnani, especially for his +/- was the best on the team that night.
                              My guess is that he was thinking Bargniani could take advantage of the smaller Philly players. That didn't work though

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                                johnny davis seems more clueless than marc ivaroni. we need triano or alex english back to make our offence more effective
                                That better be a joke...

Comment

Working...
                                X