Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Casey too? Seriously? Let's just fire the whole damn staff while we're at it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having said that, I am completely behind firing the whole staff. I would start with Colangelo, Stefanski, Gherardini, Kelly, and just keep going right on down to the kids with the mops. This organization needs an enema in the worst way.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Lark, you described problems offensively.
      But what about DEFENSIVELY?
      you know, his specialty?
      Oh, I mentioned it. Since Lowry has been hurt they're starting Calderon, DeRozan, and Bargnani, all of whom are below average defensively. And that's being generous at times. They're also starting a rookie and giving a lot of minutes to Kleiza and Lucas 3. That's 6 of their rotation players that aren't really plus defenders, down to 4 that play big minutes when Lowry is healthy and Lucas 3 (hopefully) gets no minutes.

What exactly are you expecting the coach to do about that?

Comment

remember how awesome casey was last year when the fans didn't demand anything. now he is the worst because we are still a bad team a year after being a horrible team. god i can't believe casey doesn't have us at the top of the game especially after how awesome everyone knew we would be after preseason. god casey god. a year is more than long enough with one of the youngest teams in the league without any great players on it.

some people are fucking brutal. topsy-turvy knee jerk reactions are a virtue i heard.

Comment

I am just one person who thinks i having a very good knowledge of the game. casey runs good sets, very good sets in fact. we just have a bad team...

barg is completely useless if he is not scoring, not going to grab you rebounds, not going to play good help D we know this

amir is undersized
          ed davis undersized
          calderon can not D up anyone on this level we know this.
          derozan cant extend the floor with a consistant deep threat
          rookie center

individually all the weakness I listed can hidden but collectively any team in this league can pick us apart over the course of a game. We have alot of weakness we are trying to hide and no strengths + injuries = loses alot of loses.

I seen enough of this team this year to firmly say with out a major move we will not make playoffs this year unless other teams have a massive breakdown

Comment

+1 grindhouse. i am one who said we could be playing 500 ball and make the playoffs. i am also not going to change that prediction. i am not jumping and screaming for change, although i think they will happen because toronto fans usually get what they want and if it isn't winning they whine until change happens so they can complain about the next crop of players/coaches.

3-8 sucks as a record but it is 11 games of an 82 game season and we still haven't won 2 games in a row.

Comment

That's doesn't soul like a bad idea actually...
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

casey rotations

With all the stats available to coached, how hard can it be to get the 5 guys that got you a lead on the floor in the last half of the 4th? Mcquire may be limited offensively but he was a plus that night , double ditto for JV. Is BC telling Casey who he can play?

Comment

It's just 1 month of basketball. People are freaking out over what? A bad record? Keep in mind that the past couple of games were against playoff teams. We have lost to most playoff-contention teams (Boston, Philly, OKC, and Dallas) and won against non-playoff contention teams (Wolves and Magic). Not only that, but we've face many injuries to key player throughout that span of time. Kyle Lowry going down was the worst. He's our main scorer and main leader. It was tough losing such a key player to this team. Alan Anderson went down as well. He's not amazing, but he definitely give some scoring and energy off the bench. Fields has a hand problem that possibly affected his shooting. While he hasn't played good basketball and he's currently the "Rasual Butler" of this season, I'm willing to not judge him on his performance until he has no excuses left. As for Casey, his rotation are unorthodox at time especially with the double PG line-up, but give him time to find the right combination of players. Also keep in mind that we have seven new players who are all fighting for minutes. All coaches are going to struggle finding the perfect lineup for their team when they have that many new player and when the bench has such depth. Give it time to develop. It's not a time to start hitting the panic button. I share everyone frustration. I hate seeing us lose these kinds of games. It's tough to see your home team lose all the time especially at the end of games, but it's not a time to panic right now and make crude statements. If this continues at mid January and early February, then it's time to "panic". But right now, it's too early. Let the season unfold a bit more and then decide whether or not you want DC fired...

Comment

kuzzybear wrote: View Post
                    With all the stats available to coached, how hard can it be to get the 5 guys that got you a lead on the floor in the last half of the 4th? Mcquire may be limited offensively but he was a plus that night , double ditto for JV. Is BC telling Casey who he can play?
                    You make it sound like coaching profession players is a cake walk... "How hard can it be to get the 5 guys that got you a lead on the floor in the last half of the 4th?" Coaches are paid millions for a reason. If coaching was easy as you make it seem, there will be no point paying them millions since anyone could do it. Be careful what you say...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                      It's just 1 month of basketball. People are freaking out over what? A bad record? Keep in mind that the past couple of games were against playoff teams. We have lost to most playoff-contention teams (Boston, Philly, OKC, and Dallas) and won against non-playoff contention teams (Wolves and Magic). Not only that, but we've face many injuries to key player throughout that span of time. Kyle Lowry going down was the worst. He's our main scorer and main leader. It was tough losing such a key player to this team. Alan Anderson went down as well. He's not amazing, but he definitely give some scoring and energy off the bench. Fields has a hand problem that possibly affected his shooting. While he hasn't played good basketball and he's currently the "Rasual Butler" of this season, I'm willing to not judge him on his performance until he has no excuses left. As for Casey, his rotation are unorthodox at time especially with the double PG line-up, but give him time to find the right combination of players. Also keep in mind that we have seven new players who are all fighting for minutes. All coaches are going to struggle finding the perfect lineup for their team when they have that many new player and when the bench has such depth. Give it time to develop. It's not a time to start hitting the panic button. I share everyone frustration. I hate seeing us lose these kinds of games. It's tough to see your home team lose all the time especially at the end of games, but it's not a time to panic right now and make crude statements. If this continues at mid January and early February, then it's time to "panic". But right now, it's too early. Let the season unfold a bit more and then decide whether or not you want DC fired...
                      +1

I rarely do this "+1" and nothing else thing, but I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of a perfectly stated case. Bravo!

Comment

I love Coach Casey, but to be honest, his rotations have been just TERRIBLE. Goodness gracious, he hadn't realized Jose was not great defensively at all tonight, and continued to have him guard Jrue Holiday. That goes back to having the 2-PG lineup. Also, Amir Johnson and Ed Davis were just not there tonight, Jonas Valanciunas could have had a SERIOUS impact on the game on both ends, he was our best player tonight when he was allowed to play.

As much as we didn't have great offense, we need to get something going our way. I felt McGuire should have been on for the defensive purposes, along with Lowry, Derozan, Bargnani and JV.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

P.S WHY DIDN'T ROSS PLAY? He might have been quiet offensively, but defensively he would've been able to keep up with Young/Richardson MUCH better than Derozan.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          remember how awesome casey was last year when the fans didn't demand anything. now he is the worst because we are still a bad team a year after being a horrible team. god i can't believe casey doesn't have us at the top of the game especially after how awesome everyone knew we would be after preseason. god casey god. a year is more than long enough with one of the youngest teams in the league without any great players on it.

some people are fucking brutal. topsy-turvy knee jerk reactions are a virtue i heard.
                          When your GM promises playoffs and doesn't deliver, the only option left is layoffs.

Comment

Casey has a better chance of getting this team to perform than any other candidates. Question his rotations if you like
                            Last edited by koncept; Wed Nov 21, 2012, 02:44 AM.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

MAYBE he didn't play Valanciunas because he's scared that the referees will be overly tight on the whistle in the 4th. We all know Big V is a whistle magnet.

MAYBE he played the 2 point guard line-up because he needed "shooters" and "playmakers" so he can run the pick and roll at the end of the game.

MAYBE he left Bargnani and Calderon together because their offense outweighs their defense.

MAYBE he is very concerned about winning and is afraid that rookies will make a lot of mistakes. The pressure to win handcuffs his rotations thus limiting rookie minutes.

There could be a lot of reasons. I would like to know exactly why he chose to live with that strategy.

I still don't get why out of Lowry and Calderon, why would you designate Calderon to stop their primary ball handler who happens to be athletic as F*CK. Why would you let Philly ABUSE Calderon and Bargnani by constantly allowing them to defend the pick and roll together. Why couldn't have Bargnani guard Dorell Wright who's camping and why couldn't Jose guard J-Rich, another camper who actually got hurt earlier in the game (who couldn't even elevate anymore in a breakaway opportunity).

Questionable decisions. Someone please ask him straight up. I'm not ready to give up on him, but I believe there's a difference between a teacher and a tactician (in terms of coaching). Casey is more of a teacher, develop good habits. But strategy wise, he has been out coached several times and he has a ways to go.

I still think Bargnani should be traded because he gives us more trouble defensively than what he brings on offense.
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

his decision making has been shitty for sure. we still have to give him some time. altho i hear theres a coach who thinks he can run a princetown offence with toronto's core pieces....

bargs has still got to go. i sense a trade within a month.
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X