This lost once again is on Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This lost once again is on Casey

- JV had 11pts, 11rbs 3ast and 3blks midway in the 3rd and didn't even see any floor time in the 4th. The guy was impacting the game on both ends of the floor. What would it take for this guy to get some playing time late in the game? and why is he not playing more late in the game?
    - Execution in the 4th once again was BRUTAL. Amir SHOULDN'T BE AN OPTION AT ALL. Hello!!
    - Bargnani once again was a non factor in the 2nd half specially in the 4th. The 2 missed FT's early in the 4th was huge. The guy just always disappears late in the game. Am i the only one noticing this?
    - Give the ball to DeMar in the post!!
    - The Raps defence help too much. Results? open 3's for Philly. Way too many.

Another game that they've lost because of atrocious execution offensively and defensively late in the game. Brutal.

Also, i understand that Jose and Kyle are 2 of their best players. Offensively they're great together but defensively they're going to get exposed just like tonight.
    Last edited by The Great One; Tue Nov 20, 2012, 11:14 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

Casey's coaching deficiencies really getting exposed this year. & haven't heard him take at least some responsibility or admit his short comings

Comment

Yup, can't find an explanation for Jonas not playing. Is he on limited minutes? That's the only explanation I can find of having him out of the game in the fourth. Not the first time Casey's done this, and it almost seems to happen when the team needs a guy like him the most.

Head scratcher, this one.

Comment

I completely agree JV was setting big screens and rolling hard on offence and creating havoc in the paint. On defence, he was changing and blocking shots and rebounding well. Amir was absolutely brutal. Completely brain dead.

It would help if the Raptors didn't shoot free-throws like a junior high team. At one point they were 3/9 in FTs in the 4th quarter. They don't have Shaq or D12, so that is just unprofessional. Bargnani and Lowry were a combined 3/10 from the stripe.
        Last edited by Bouncepass; Wed Nov 21, 2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

youre right, 3/9 is despicable in the fourth...
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't get it. He must not trust JV in the crunch yet. Doesn't trust Ross at all and over values ABs "O".
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

JV should have been there in the 4th quarter. Amir just didn't have it and soon as Casey saw that he should have put JV back in the game for the 4th. The other good point is that JV had I believe no fouls for the game where as Amir was in foul trouble and really couldn't play good defense at all!! Lost this time I think is on Casey!!

Comment

As much as I hate to say it....the loss is on Casey. Terrible rotation in the 4th. Where are our hungry rookies? Sometimes it feels like players are buying playing time and apparently JV and TRoss can't afford it yet with their rookies contracts.

Comment

The reason that JV was not in the game in the 4th is that Philly was playing small ball and Casey decided to match rather than try to play an advantage in size....it did not work and maybe he will learn forom it.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                    The reason that JV was not in the game in the 4th is that Philly was playing small ball and Casey decided to match rather than try to play an advantage in size....it did not work and maybe he will learn forom it.
                    While I've defended Casey more than a few times, he didn't learn from doing this exact same thing against Philly last time.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                      While I've defended Casey more than a few times, he didn't learn from doing this exact same thing against Philly last time.
                      He'll get another chance tonight. Charlotte can go small effectively by playing Gilchrist at the 4.

Comment

The only think that I can think of as to the reason why JV is not playing big minutes is that they are trying to limit him so he doesn't hit the rookie wall 3/4 into the season. He did play alot of ball in 2012, and is not yet used to the 82 game grind of the NBA.

At this point, I trust DC's judgment, and hopefully in the near future we will see a small and steady increase, as well as some burn during key moments in games.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          One issue I've had with Raptors coaches, going back at least to Smitch (if not farther back), is that they always seem to be reactive in their lineup adjustments. Raptors coaches always seem to respond to strategic lineups (ie: Philly going small), rather than taking the initiative and proactively forcing other teams to react to our lineup strategies.

Even when we do luck into lineup matchup advantages (ie: standard lineup still on the court against a smaller opposition lineup), our coaches never seem capable of going away from the gameplan and actually adapting to the current situation to take advantage of those lineup mismatches. If the other team goes small and you don't want to, then ever offensive trip should be force-fed post-ups that expolit the height advantages... punish the other team into submission!

Maybe that's the problem with hiring inexperienced coaches, who aren't good enough to actually coach on the fly.

Comment

The coach is now the whipping post, a shift from AB and BC, the usual brunt of criticism. I hope the Raptors win tonight.

Comment

JV would've been better at defending small ball then Bargnani.

And seeing Amir out there, JV wouldv'e been better than Amir.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X