Possible Theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craiger wrote: View Post
    I also don't think Casey is a puppet to BC. I think, for lack of a better term, he is a partner.

One of the reason's Casey was brought in was clearly because of his relationship with the Dallas team - and Andrea's theoretical doppleganger, Dirk Nowitzki. The idea was to 'hide' Andrea like he did Dirk. Casey thought, and still thinks, he can accomplish this. (and I'm not going to delve into how the level of offense, defense and rebounding between Dirk and Andrea are worlds apart).

When Casey signed with Toronto he made the Dirk/Andrea comparison. He's said Bargnani could be a star. He's said this team will only go as far as Andrea will take them. He put expectations on Bargnani (2 rebs a quarter + a few that fall in his lap...)

Now we hear him admit Andrea "is who he is", thrown those expectations out the window - and yet still it doesn't change how Bargnani is used.

Andrea is Dirk, even if its going to be a "poor man's Dirk"-lite. This was and is still part of his job description and Casey doesn't strike me as a guy who gives up easily or is willing to admit defeat. He will keep trying to find a way to make it work. Casey is a classic old school blue collar man from some lame made for TV movie. No changing their ways until they either hit rock bottom or someone (or something) else forces them to.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here. Casey is stuck in his ways and doesn't roll with the punches and adapt. At the end of the day he needs to do a better job or we can kiss the season, playoffs and a draft pick goodbye.

Comment

Remember, Casey has been pushing for BC to bring in vets. He clearly doesn't like playing rookies. There are tons of coaches like that. Can't say I agree with him playing Val and Ross so few minutes, but that's just how he operates.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Cool! I should probably read a 'behind-the-scenes' basketball book to get a better idea of what actually goes on behind closed doors!!
        Tell me, what kind showcasing happened?
        It was minor stuff.. deep bench players given more minutes so that their trade value would go up. Phil would buck up against Krause for the most part but would eye certain players himself on other teams and give in to Krause's demands. But yeah, the book definitely opens that closed door.

The book can get boring at times.. but some of it was definitely interesting. Jordan came across as a big time prick. I felt really bad for Lebron after reading that book. If Jordan's prime years had occurred during the same social media boom we live in now, then he himself may have crumbled in the playoffs. I love the part of how he punched Will Purdue in the face after he set a strong screen that knocked Jordan down in practice and wondered why he couldn't do the same thing in a game.

Comment

Well i hope you're right about Bargnani because this is just getting ridiculous.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            It was minor stuff.. deep bench players given more minutes so that their trade value would go up. Phil would buck up against Krause for the most part but would eye certain players himself on other teams and give in to Krause's demands. But yeah, the book definitely opens that closed door.

The book can get boring at times.. but some of it was definitely interesting. Jordan came across as a big time prick. I felt really bad for Lebron after reading that book. If Jordan's prime years had occurred during the same social media boom we live in now, then he himself may have crumbled in the playoffs. I love the part of how he punched Will Purdue in the face after he set a strong screen that knocked Jordan down in practice and wondered why he couldn't do the same thing in a game.
            Read it too, have it on my shelf at home. Keep in mind those were DEEP bench players in a very different era. Todays players are analyzed in very different ways making showcasing less of an effective tool
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X