Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craiger wrote: View Post
    its not a culture of losing, its a culture of lack of talent
    I agree but they do have some talent though. JV, Ross, DeRozan, Lowry and Calderon. That's legit talent right there. Problem is, the rest of the roster is full of stiffs. Poorly assembled. Colangelo you readin this?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      Shitty joke from a drunk.....
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        What? Do those players play on our team? Not to mention only 2 of the 4 are all stars that have won anything...very odd..
        i missed when your sweeping generality excluded other teams white europeans. pardon my ignorance

Comment

this team really needs to win some close games. it is getting really shitty with all the fourth quarter meltdowns. i think a big part of the step forward is on bc. he has to take some of the decisions out of dcs' hands. he should have 9 "clear" rotation players and a bunch of depth/matchup players. other than the starting 5 no one knows how much playing time they are going top get and it is hurting everyone. "making your minutes count and not counting your minutes" is fine to a point. that mantra is more for players who aren't rotation material. no way ed and ross should be averaging less than 10 minutes a game.

anyone smarter than me know when the free agents from this year are allowed to be traded? is it in december? i think thats generally when shit starts to hit the fan.

Comment

Well, when Casey is continuously trying to force feed everything to Bargnani, and leaving Calderon - who's been abysmal - on the floor late, it's not really winning games.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

WE LOSE= White Europeans, Laughably Overrated Sucking Everytime
              This is so stupid. Race? For real? How small your world must be. The raptors have been losing behind the efforts of all kinds of NBA players regardless of race.

As much as I loved me some Keon he was a classic example of a player overrated by the home fans and when he left Toronto what did he do and where did he go? Yup, straight out of the NBA, down the road in a swervy line all the way to jail. Again and again and again. Drives drunk, skips bail, fails to show in court, beats his gf, gets busted on conspiracy charges... talk about a loser, yeesh. He sucks almost as much as your acronym.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Nice.....
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

On a 15-man roster, there are only 4 European players (27% of the team) and 2 of them are horrible.

You know what I realized. We're always bringing in these players to shoot and they can't shoot. Kleiza, Fields, Ross, Rasual Butler, Jason Kapono. And now Bargnani's shot is faltering and absolute non-shooters, Johnson and Maguire are shooting waaaaaaaay more often than they should.

Comment

Nice. It's important in moments of self reflection to let our racist feelings come out. Congrats on that. Keep it classy.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Casey is not going to change that, the only way you are going to change that is trade most of the players that been here for the past 3-4 seasons and start a new team because they are used to losing.
                      It isn't a question of culture, it's a question of talent. Colangelo let Bosh leave for nothing, he hasn't drafted especially well, and his free agent moves tend to be questionable at best. The talent just isn't there. So, we lose.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                        its not a culture of losing, its a culture of lack of talent
                        That's exactly the issue, it has nothing to do with "culture" or anything else. The ownership has created this regime and they've conspired to put a pathetic product on the court.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                          ...The ownership has created this regime and they've conspired to put a pathetic product on the court.
                          "Hey Brian. Guess who called and wants to do a trade?"
                          " No way. All they've got are good players on that team. I'm surprised you picked up the phone."
                          Yeah, I know. I was just jerking his chain."

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                            That's exactly the issue, it has nothing to do with "culture" or anything else. The ownership has created this regime and they've conspired to put a pathetic product on the court.
                            It isn't that they've conspired to put a bad team together - that's insane. They just really trust Colangelo. And I'll bet that this team makes money every year, so to the owners, it's like, "who cares if we aren't winning?"
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

And Craiger, apparently I just plagiarized you Margaret Wente-style a couple posts up, sorry about that.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

It's a lack of a leader that's causing the most frustration. I can only imagine what the locker room is like... Could probably hear a pin drop for the most part I would guess. I really noticed how much we SUCKED once Kyle Lowry was sidelined.

This is what I think is going on in the locker room...

Lowry- Probably in everybody's face saying WTF guys let's play some ball...hustle! I can't do everything... Help me!
                                Calderon- handing out water to everyone saying "Good effort boys! You guys are all awesome!"
                                Bargnani- Sitting in the corner staring at the floor... Hoping it will talk to him in Italian.
                                Amare- Probably doing pushups or something
                                DeRozen- Looking everywhere for Sonny Weens so they can goof off. (I am impressed with his effort this year)
                                Klazia- Just sitting listening to tunes. Not thinking about the game at all.
                                Davis- Sitting thinking how the f#*k he can make a ball fit through the hoop. Its gotta fit!?!
                                Valenciunas- Thinking. . . WTF guys! If nobody steps up I will have to kick someone's ass, cause nobody gives a crap here! Should I lead?

The entire team turtles back to old habits when no body is leading the team. Lowry, Valenciun, DeRozen seems to be the only guys that can shake the team up a bit. I am a Bargnani fan but he's not our leader. We need a leader, communication and believers on the team.

Once Lawry, Valenciunas and DeRozen stop trying we a done like dinner. At this pace it won't be long I am afraid.
                                Last edited by PapiJulio; Thu Nov 22, 2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X